Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seattle1
    Has it been done in the National League?
    Not that I know of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgartohof
      AL record for consecutive stolen bases - 39 (2006-...)
      He has the single season record for consecutive stolen bases. Since streaks can carry into multiple seasons, he needs one more to tie the overall AL consecutive stolen base mark of 40 by Tim Raines.

If he manages 12 consecutive steals to start the season next year, he'll set the MLB mark of 51 stolen bases (current record is 50 by Vince Coleman).
      Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• It's official, Ichiro has won his 6th consecutive AL OF GG!
        Only 19 other outfielders have won 6 or more GG's in their career.

And with the 7 he won in Japan, he has now won 13 consecutive GG's in his career. Clemente only won 12
        Last edited by Edgartohof; 11-22-2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Well, now that everything is out, Ichiro came in 17th in MVP voting, which is quite close to his Win Shares placing, of 18th

Here are the AL winshares leaders:

1) Derek Jeter - 32.6
          2) Joe Mauer - 30.8
          3) David Ortiz - 29.4
          4) Manny Ramirez - 29.0
          5) Justin Morneau - 27.5
          6) Raul Ibanez - 27.1
          7) Jermaine Dye - 26.5
          8) Michael Young - 26.2
          9) Jim Thome - 25.9
          10) Carlos Guillen - 25.8
          11) Grady Sizemore - 25.5
          12) Vernon Wells - 25.4
          13) Vladimir Guerrero - 25.2
          t14) Travis Hafner - 25.0
          t14) Johann Santana - 25.0
          16) Alex Rodriguez - 24.8
          17) Ivan Rodriguez - 24.6
          18) Ichiro Suzuki - 24.2
          t19) Jorge Posada - 23.6
          t19) Jason Kendall - 23.6

What really surprised me was that Ibanez came in 6th in Win Shares! But even still, he didn't even make the top 20 in MVP voting - that is a shame. The guy had a legitimately good year, and gets hardly any recognition for it. The guy came in the top 10 for Runs, TB, triples, RBI (he was 3rd in RBI with 123!!!), XBH, and IBB. And he just missed out on the top 10 for HR's. Not to mention that he was very good defensively last year, not at the top, but just a notch below those guys. Not saying he should have won it, but give the guy some credit.
          Last edited by Edgartohof; 11-22-2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Maybe you forgot, he does play for the Mariners . People don't pay attention to the us up here.
            go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
            But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

• Ichiro

Ichiro song: http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=54739

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennie Stennett
                , check out these Ichiro commeircals:http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=54722

Comment

• Ichiro's gonna look good on my new favorite team...the Mets.

When his contract expires you can bet he'll want to get the heck off this sinking ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by SABR Matt
                    Ichiro's gonna look good on my new favorite team...the Mets.

When his contract expires you can bet he'll want to get the heck off this sinking ship.
                    Wow, I just noticed you changed your avatar...what's up with that?

Comment

Ichiro's gonna look good on my new favorite team...the Mets.

I clearly have called "dibs" with my avatar . Jumping ship before the season starts? Ouch!

Comment

• My jumping ship has less to do with the latest move than with the string of moves one on top of the other that are causing me to lose interest in what is clearly one of the stupidest front offices in the history of baseball.

Comment

My jumping ship has less to do with the latest move than with the string of moves one on top of the other that are causing me to lose interest in what is clearly one of the stupidest front offices in the history of baseball.
                          Well, good luck in your new venture, hope they (the Met's) will do you some good. But when you look back, I want you to remember the good times, not the bad

The Kid in his Prime
                          '95, the run at the end; the double
                          '97; 264 HR's!!! Yeeaaaahhh!!!
                          2001 (hard to top not losing 2 in a row until the last week of the season)
                          2004 - 262 hits

Wow, out of 30 years of the team's existence, that's all I could come up with!

Comment

My jumping ship has less to do with the latest move than with the string of moves one on top of the other that are causing me to lose interest in what is clearly one of the stupidest front offices in the history of baseball.
                            BANDWAGONER!!!!!!!
                            go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
                            But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

• I will admit that the latest moves by the worst GM in baseball have me a little depressed, but jumping to the Mets is a bit of a bandwagon move. I mean, who doesn't think the Mets are good? At least go to an "up-and-coming" team like the Blue Jays or Phillies or something. The Mets -- I like them OK. I'm just saying that's a pretty big leap from the M's. Why not just go for the Yanks while you're at it?

Comment

• I jumped to the Mets for logical reasons. I wanted a GM who prioritized winning FIRST (because I'm damned tired of the Mariners' "family experience and oh yeah let's have a baseball team too" approach. And I live in New York 9 months out of the year and am friends with a lot of Mets fans.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X