Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At least it wasn't the other New York team.
    go M's/BSox :gt

    There is no "I" in "team."
    But there is an "I" in "win."

    If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

    Comment


    • As per Rennie Stennett's request, I have stuck this thread at the top of the Mariner forum. It is far and away the most replied upon thread in this forum,so I agree it deserves a special status.

      I hope everyone continues to enjoy talking about our beloved Right Fielder.

      Now everyone say it with me: ICHIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

      TFAM

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tearforamariner
        As per Rennie Stennett's request, I have stuck this thread at the top of the Mariner forum. It is far and away the most replied upon thread in this forum,so I agree it deserves a special status.

        I hope everyone continues to enjoy talking about our beloved Right Fielder.

        Now everyone say it with me: ICHIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

        TFAM

        Thanks for doing that. Actually, I never really thought about having someone do that, it will help not having to dig for it at times.

        Comment


        • Give that man a contract !

          Originally posted by brewcrew82
          At his current pace (take that for what you will), Ichiro is now on track for a record 262 hits this year...
          262 is now a baseball number like 714, 56 & 511, to name a few...

          Comment


          • wilkerson_rulz-06

            Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
            Maybe a mod can sticky this, after all, Ichiro is THE franchise player.
            wilkerson suggested it sometime back...

            Comment


            • It's Crazy to think about but from what I can see Ichiro is the only player remaining from that magical 2001 season.
              Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

              "There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                It's Crazy to think about but from what I can see Ichiro is the only player remaining from that magical 2001 season.
                You know what, I think you are right. We had a couple more last year, but are no longer with us now.

                Comment


                • Ichiro Books?

                  Has anyone here ever read Ichiro on Ichiro, or any other books about Ichior and/or his impact on the game?

                  Comment


                  • One of my favorite Ichiro stats is his first year in the bigs he was the first player to lead the major leagues in swipes and avg. since JACKIE ROBINSON........how ironic is that???And also consider that Safeco the outside is designed after ebbets field,robinson's home field.The chosen one for sure.
                    "There was nothing on the field that Willie could do that i couldnt do......and you know i was a better hitter."-Henry Aaron

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by G.Costanza
                      One of my favorite Ichiro stats is his first year in the bigs he was the first player to lead the major leagues in swipes and avg. since JACKIE ROBINSON........how ironic is that???And also consider that Safeco the outside is designed after ebbets field,robinson's home field.The chosen one for sure.
                      I'm Just curious, but how is it Ironic?
                      Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

                      "There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

                      Comment


                      • Ichiro, the first Japanese (position) player.
                        Robinson, the first African-American player.

                        That's how I took it anyway.
                        go M's/BSox :gt

                        There is no "I" in "team."
                        But there is an "I" in "win."

                        If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by papa~smurf
                          Ichiro, the first Japanese (position) player.
                          Robinson, the first African-American player.

                          That's how I took it anyway.
                          Well, first African-American player since the "gentleman's agreement" was made in the early 1900's.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                            I'm Just curious, but how is it Ironic?
                            I was wondering this myself after this post. I assume GCostanza just used the wrong word. An example of irony would be if a bus driver quit his job because his wife was worried about his safety and the next day, while looking for a new job, he gets hit by a bus.

                            What GCostanza is stating is a coincidence, perhaps even fate, if you believe in that sort of thing.

                            Comment


                            • I was just at BB-ref.com, and was playing around with their "neutralize stats" option, and adjusted Ichiro's stats to Coors Field in 2000, and this is what is says:

                              2001 - 318 hits
                              2004 - 342 hits!!!!!

                              I just started cracking up.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Edgartohof
                                I was just at BB-ref.com, and was playing around with their "neutralize stats" option, and adjusted Ichiro's stats to Coors Field in 2000, and this is what is says:

                                2001 - 318 hits
                                2004 - 342 hits!!!!!

                                I just started cracking up.
                                Not to mention the .414 and .436 averages, respectfully.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X