Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To date, Ichiro has 2005 hits in his first 9 seasons!

    Code:
    [B]Most hits over 9 consecutive seasons[/B]
    
    [I]2,005 Ichiro Suzuki 2001 2009* [/I]
    1,905 Willie Keeler 1894 1902 
    1,900 George Sisler 1920 1929 
    1,891 Jesse Burkett 1893 1901 
    1,882 Jesse Burkett 1894 1902 
    1,875 George Sisler 1919 1928 
    1,867 Rogers Hornsby 1921 1929 
    1,863 Pete Rose 1968 1976 
    1,861 Bill Terry 1927 1935 
    1,860 Paul Waner 1926 1934 
    1,857 Pete Rose 1969 1977 
    1,856 Paul Waner 1927 1935 
    1,856 Stan Musial 1943 1952 
    1,856 Rogers Hornsby 1920 1928 
    1,850 George Sisler 1918 1927 
    1,847 Wade Boggs 1983 1991 
    
    *season not done yet
    
    (From MLB.com)
    Last edited by Edgartohof; 09-14-2009, 07:08 PM.

    Comment


    • Ichiro had a decent day at the plate, but the M's pitching struggled and ended up with a 6-3 loss


      Ich went:

      2-4
      1 Run
      1 BB
      1 SB

      Now batting .354 on the season - on his way to his 4th season batting .350 or higher in the MLB!

      Comment


      • With 16 games left, Ichiro needs to score 19 runs to reach 100 runs for the 2009 season. Will his teammates be able to bat him in, or will he need to go on a home run binge?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BenHertz View Post
          With 16 games left, Ichiro needs to score 19 runs to reach 100 runs for the 2009 season. Will his teammates be able to bat him in, or will he need to go on a home run binge?
          It will be very tough to do. Personally I have resigned myself to the idea that it won't happen.

          However, you never know. Ichiro never ceases to amaze by doing things you never knew were possible.

          In this case though, so much of it is up to his team mates.

          Comment


          • 2-2 so far for Ichiro tonight.

            This puts him at 207 hits on the season, passing his 2005 total of 206 hits (which was his lowest hits total).

            Comment


            • What a game!!!!!

              First off, Felix was AMAZING tonight - pitching a 9 inning complete game with 1 ER (2 R)!

              And talk about a finish!

              A 2-run walkoff HR from Ichiro in the bottom of the 9th Inning, against Mariano Rivera none the less!!!!!

              That is now 2 games in a row with Ichiro getting the walkoff hit (last night in the 14th inning as well)!

              Comment


              • Yeah great game. Esp. the WO against mariano.

                Funny thing though that Ichiro was picked off twice.
                Has that ever happened to him?
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

                Comment


                • Big night for Ichiro last night - Friday, Sept. 18 Vs.the Yankees.
                  4 for 5 - 3 for 4 Vs. starter A.J. Burnett....Then a 2 run walkoff homer for a
                  3-2 victory over the Bronx Bombers to end Mariano Rivera's consecutive save streak ( 36 - one of the longest in history, but just a little short of Lee Smith's record). Mariner and Ichiro fans will overlook his pick offs considering the end result.
                  Ichiro is .357 on the season and his lifetime average rebounds to .33322.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
                    It will be very tough to do. Personally I have resigned myself to the idea that it won't happen.

                    However, you never know. Ichiro never ceases to amaze by doing things you never knew were possible.

                    In this case though, so much of it is up to his team mates.
                    Well, for one he needs to stop getting picked off for this to even be a possibility.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
                      What a game!!!!!

                      A 2-run walkoff HR from Ichiro in the bottom of the 9th Inning, against Mariano Rivera none the less!!!!!
                      All LHH probably know they are going to get a cutter in from Rivera. Yet, they still can't hit it. Shows you how devastating that pitch is to a LHH. You have to tip your hat to Rivera for such dominance. Ichiro sat on it and hit it over the fence. So you have to tip your hat to Ichiro.
                      Mariano said it was supposed to be a little more inside. It still would have been a ball, but he said he wanted it more inside.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                        Well, for one he needs to stop getting picked off for this to even be a possibility.
                        Yeah he really looked bad on the first one.

                        Comment


                        • Ichiro hit his 11th HR of the season last night, a 2-Run shot in the 5th inning.

                          The M's also went on to win 4-3 off of an 8th inning HR by Jose Lopez. This was his 25th of the season - a career high (previous season high total was 17 from last season).

                          Comment


                          • *2750th post*

                            With 2 hits (and a SB and an RBI) in todays game so far, Ichiro has passed his 2003 hits total and tied last seasons total of 213 hits.

                            His next season to pass is his 2006 total of 224 hits - Good Luck Ichiro!

                            Comment


                            • 2-5 tonight for Ichiro as the M's eek out another win. This gives Ich 215 hits on the season, good for his 5th highest season total, behind: 2004, 262; 2001, 242; 2007, 238; and 2006, 224.

                              The M's now have 80 wins on the season (73 losses), and are just 1 win shy of assuring a .500+ win season! Now with 10 games left, let's just hope we can finish strong!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
                                2-5 tonight for Ichiro as the M's eek out another win. This gives Ich 215 hits on the season, good for his 5th highest season total, behind: 2004, 262; 2001, 242; 2007, 238; and 2006, 224.

                                The M's now have 80 wins on the season (73 losses), and are just 1 win shy of assuring a .500+ win season! Now with 10 games left, let's just hope we can finish strong!!!
                                Very impressive hit totals considering the two separate sets of missed games. He is in jeopardy of not scoring 100 runs or swiping 30 bases however. Too bad he doesn't play for the NYY. I bet he would have about 110 runs scored by now. I can't even imagine what he woulda scored in 2004 had he played for a highly offensive team.

                                Kudos to Wakamatsu-san and his crew. 7 games over .500 is quite a bit better than what I would have predicted.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X