No announcement yet.

Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ichiro (flanked by Felix and Cliff Lee) graces the cover of ESPN the Magazine this month: ESPN The Magazine
    Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stumanji View Post
      Ichiro (flanked by Felix and Cliff Lee) graces the cover of ESPN the Magazine this month: ESPN The Magazine
      Let's just hope Bill Leavy doesn't throw a penalty flag and ruin the Mariners season! Ha ha just kidding.

Comment

• Haha, nice one, Seattle1. I'll have to pick up that issue, nice cover.

Comment

• That's a nice cover, although Lee looks really old in it...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Ichiro's 1st hit of 2010 has taken place. It was just the 3rd inning of the game agains Oakland; a single to center field off of Ben Sheets! Here's to seeing 199+ more of them this season!!!
            Last edited by Edgartohof; 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Well, after a very slow start for Ichiro (and the M's), both seem to be turning the corner.

Ich posted only 8 hits in his first 9 games, but now has 2 hits in each of his last 3 (well, including today - and today isn't over yet!).

Comment

• With a double to lead off the 1st inning, Ichiro now has a modest 5 game hitting streak. In fact, the last 4 games, he has hit .500/.556/.688 with 8 hits, 1 double, 1 triple, 2 BB's, 5 runs and 1 RBI !
                And already tonight, he has a double, a walk and a run!
                Last edited by Edgartohof; 04-19-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Ichiro was 2-4 today with 1 BB and 1 Run in the M's 8-2 win over the Baltimore Orioles!

This brings Ichiro's BA up to .321

Altogether he is now hitting: .321/.387/.411 with 18 hits (on pace for 208) and 6 walks (on pace for career high 69).

Comment

• I LOVE Ichiros plate approach this season. Chone Figgins seems to really have stepped up Ichiro's game and he's totally embracing it. I love that. I love how Lopez is really doing a great job at 3rd too and had such a great attitude about it throughout Spring Training and all. This team is really starting to show its true colors and I'm liking them.

Comment

• Another 2 hits, a SB and 1 Run and Ich has a 6 game hit streak, on the way to helping the M's get above .500!

As of right now, Gutierrez is 2nd in the league in BA (.421) and is leading the league in hits with 24. Ichiro is now hitting .333 with 20 hits on the season. During his 6 game hit streak, he has hit .500 (12-24) as well as hitting 2 doubles, 1 triple, and have 3 walks and 3 SB's! Ichiro is on fire right now. Between him and Gutti and the rest of the club, I am very excited for this season to unfold.

The M's have now won 3 straight series (Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore), and they will go for the sweep of the Orioles tonight as Felix Hernandez takes the mound!

EDIT: Also worth mentioning, Gutierrez also has a 6 game hitting streak right now. In fact, he has gotten at least 1 hit in all but one game this season! He also has 8 multi-hit games.
                      Last edited by Edgartohof; 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Don't think I posted this elsewhere, but if I did, I'm sorry. But Ichiro now has played 1441 games with the Mariners, putting himself in sole posession of 3rd place on the M's all-time Games played list, passing Jay Buhner at 1440. He is still a ways away from # 1 and #2 (Edgar and Griffey) and with Griffey still playing, it will take even longer. Griffey currently has 1663 games with the M's (and that's with taking 10 years off from them) and Edgar is sitting at 2055.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                          I LOVE Ichiros plate approach this season. Chone Figgins seems to really have stepped up Ichiro's game and he's totally embracing it. I love that. I love how Lopez is really doing a great job at 3rd too and had such a great attitude about it throughout Spring Training and all. This team is really starting to show its true colors and I'm liking them.
                          what did he change? is he taking more pitches and being more patient?
                          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
                            what did he change? is he taking more pitches and being more patient?
                            When I've watched him, he's been taking more pitches. In general, the team actually is seeing more pitches and being more patient at the plate. It took last nights starter David Hernandez 54 pitches to get the first 7 outs last night! Unfortunately that kind of patience didn't last the entire game, but I do think having Chone batting behind Ichiro puts more pressure on him to get on base any way he can. Ichiro already has 6 BB's this season, and considering he only had 32 all of last season, I see an improvement.

Comment

• Heck, if I remember correctly, I believe that Figgins saw 28 pitches last night (or was it the night before . . .) in 4 AB's!

That is an average of 7 pitches per at bat (or Plate Appearance would be more accurate).

Comment

• M's win tonight on the back of King Felix's Complete Game Gem!

Ichiro lost his 6 game hit streak, but still got on base via an IBB.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X