Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
    Well, no hits for Ichiro but he gets a couple of walks and another stolen base, his 18th of the season. I just noticed on top of this that he was 100th in SB's today - and now is tied for 98th with 359 SB's!
    I would love to see him get to 500 on his career, but will take 450. He still doesn't appear to be slowing down though, so 500 certainly seems doable unless he drops off a cliff before getting there.

Comment

• Ichiro provides the only offense for the M's tonight in their 7-1 loss to the Padres. It was close until the end when the Padres hitters were able to knock in 4 more in the bottom of the 8th inning . . .

Ichiro went 3-5 in the game with a double and an RBI.

That gives him 87 hits in 62 games this season, on pace for 227.

This was his 30th multi-hit game of the season so far.

Comment

• M's win one tonight, 2-1 over the Cardinals.

Ichiro went 2-4 at the top of the order. He stole his 20th base of the season, though he also was subsequently caught stealing 3B . . .

This gives Ichiro 93 hits on the season, putting him on pace for 228 hits! This was also his 32nd multi-hits game of the season!

Comment

• So far this season, Ich has been fairly consistent month to month. Sure, he has had hot streaks and cool streaks, but overall, pretty good. In fact, he has yet to go more than 2 consecutive games without a hit so far this season!

April: .344/.388/.406 - 33 hits in 23 games
          May: .336/.392/.427 - 37 hits in 27 games
          June: .354/.417/.508 - 23 hits in 15 games

So, both his OBP and Slg have improved each month. Actually, aside from his low HR totals, he has been hitting a lot of doubles recently, including on today, 7 this month and 4 in the last 5 games. His 16 doubles this season put him on pace for 39 doubles this season, which would be his best total in his MLB career!
          Last edited by Edgartohof; 06-16-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• I wish Ichiro's teammates would start hitting him in. He has scored 29 runs in 66 games this season. It's a shame Chone Figgins is batting .230, Milton Bradley .230, and Jose Lopez .233 this season.

Comment

• Makes one wonder how much more of this Ichiro will put up with. Of course, $18 million a year can make a person put up with a lot, so we shall see.

Comment

• Ichiro's Hit Pace: 206
                Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• what happened to him? his ops+ is down to 105 and his BA to .308. he was way better before the break(I think around 120 and .340 in june). is he hurt o just having a slump?
                  I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• He just seems to be in a deep slump . . . I haven't heard anything about him being hurt. They should think about resting him for a game or 2 . . .

Comment

• Don Wakamatsu said pitchers are having their way with Ichiro because there is nothing else in the lineup to be afraid of. He is the only batter hitting over .300, and pitchers are having their way with this super suck team that isn't even interesting to pay attention to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                        Don Wakamatsu said pitchers are having their way with Ichiro because there is nothing else in the lineup to be afraid of. He is the only batter hitting over .300, and pitchers are having their way with this super suck team that isn't even interesting to pay attention to.
                        right. they are not giving him anything to hit because they don't need to. ichiro is a great talent and would hit even better in a good lineup.

however there is a little thing to criticise: in his chase for hits he does comply to the pitchers and chase some pitches. he would be even more effective if he would wait for a good pitch to hit that he can really drive and otherwise take the walk(and an occasional K). in that way he would put even more pressure on the pitchers, because they sure would not want him on base every time. If he would to this pitchers would be forced to challenge him more, but I guess walking to a base is not japanese style
                        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
                          right. they are not giving him anything to hit because they don't need to. ichiro is a great talent and would hit even better in a good lineup.

however there is a little thing to criticise: in his chase for hits he does comply to the pitchers and chase some pitches. he would be even more effective if he would wait for a good pitch to hit that he can really drive and otherwise take the walk(and an occasional K). in that way he would put even more pressure on the pitchers, because they sure would not want him on base every time. If he would to this pitchers would be forced to challenge him more, but I guess walking to a base is not japanese style
                          Actually, at this point in time, I see no reason for any pitcher to fear having Ichiro on base. This team has left so many men on base it's not even funny (at least when the batters can get on base). Over and over again we watch this team leave the bases loaded with NO OUTS and they can't even get a run in. The other night, Michael Saunders hit a rare double, and with no outs, he couldn't even get off of 2nd base.

LOLOLololoLOL. This team sucks. Those Lols are actually me crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                            Actually, at this point in time, I see no reason for any pitcher to fear having Ichiro on base. This team has left so many men on base it's not even funny (at least when the batters can get on base). Over and over again we watch this team leave the bases loaded with NO OUTS and they can't even get a run in. The other night, Michael Saunders hit a rare double, and with no outs, he couldn't even get off of 2nd base.

LOLOLololoLOL. This team sucks. Those Lols are actually me crying.
                            right but theen why is ichiro not walking 100 times a year?with bases empty a walk is a hit. I think he could have a OBP in the mid 400s if he was more patient. not that it would help that team...

but you are right. esp. that imbalance between hitting and pitching kills that team.

Comment

• Ichiro is an aggressive swinger. If the pitchers give him anything in the strike zone, he's going for it. I don't think of him as impatient at the plate, just determined. Vladimir Guerrero swings (and hits) bad pitches regularly. Ichiro gets fooled sometimes. But Ichiro generally swings at strikes.
                              Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• Didn't Ichiro strikeout three times in one game last week? I thought that was crazy. When was the last time that happened?
                                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X