Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Didn't Ichiro strikeout three times in one game last week? I thought that was crazy. When was the last time that happened?
    This was actually the 8th time he has done this in his 10 year career, the last being 9/23/2007!

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
      right but theen why is ichiro not walking 100 times a year?with bases empty a walk is a hit. I think he could have a OBP in the mid 400s if he was more patient. not that it would help that team...

but you are right. esp. that imbalance between hitting and pitching kills that team.
      I'd love to see Ichiro be more patient at the plate for sure. The best argument for his current plate approach I've heard so far is that it has worked for him so well so far, changing may not yield positive results. I honestly wonder if this is the only successful approach Ichiro could possibly have at the plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
        I'd love to see Ichiro be more patient at the plate for sure. The best argument for his current plate approach I've heard so far is that it has worked for him so well so far, changing may not yield positive results. I honestly wonder if this is the only successful approach Ichiro could possibly have at the plate.
        How has his infield single rate looked this year? IS he losing foot speed?
        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by STLCards2 View Post
          How has his infield single rate looked this year? IS he losing foot speed?
          I actually don't know how many infield hits he has this season. I haven't been listening much this season cause it's really hard to do so. They tend to keep a running count on the radio. I usually just check the scores and highlights on mlb.com now. From the few games I've seen on tv though, it doesn't appear that Ichiro has slowed down at all just yet.

Comment

• Ichiro's 10-game hitting streak comes to an end, and he posts consecutive 0-4 nights against Minnesota.

During the 10-game hitting streak, Ichiro went 15-44 (.341 avg) with 2 homeruns.

This time last year he had 184 hits in 16 fewer games and finished the season with 225 hits.

Ichiro averages 35-37 hits for the month of September. That average would put him at 200-202 hits. He's topped 40 hits in September three times in his career.
            Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• August was not the greatest month for Ichiro but it was not horrible either. He hit .307/.352/.404 with 35 hits. He did have 11 SB's last month without getting caught though! And currently has 6 hits over the last 3 games . . . hope he can pick it up for September.

He currently has 171 hits on the season (including 2 more last night) and is on pace for 207 this season. This would be his 2nd lowest hits total in his MLB career, just ahead of 2005 when he had 206! Think of this, he has 7 seasons with at least 210 hits! A-Rod has 2, Rose had 4, and Cobb had 7. So if Ichiro could somehow manage a couple extra hits (which I am sure he easily could), he could hold that record as well.
              Last edited by Edgartohof; 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• 5 game hit streak for Ichiro at the moment as he lead of the M's half of the game with a single and eventually came around to score. The game is early, but French is mowing them down pretty good through 3 innings with only a walk against him and the Indians starter Carmona is throwing more pitches so far.

Comment

I actually don't know how many infield hits he has this season. I haven't been listening much this season cause it's really hard to do so. They tend to keep a running count on the radio. I usually just check the scores and highlights on mlb.com now. From the few games I've seen on tv though, it doesn't appear that Ichiro has slowed down at all just yet.
                  I did a rough count based on each ballpark (it was rather difficult to count Safeco's hit charts) and Ichiro's infield singles represent approximately 29% of his 148 singles. In four ballparks (St.Louis, Boston, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay) he has a 50% or higher rate of infield singles vs. outfield singles.

He has ~27 infield singles at home and ~17 on the road. He has more infield hits (~44) than extra base hits (25 doubles, 3 triples, 5 homeruns = 33 xbh), but his infield hits account for less than 25% of his hits.
                  Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• With Josh Hamilton out due to a bruised ribcage, Ichiro has now tied him for the league lead in hits with 183! Assuming he keeps the lead (which seems quite likely at this point), this will be his 5th consecutive year leading the league in hits (which I believe is a record).

He has picked up the pace as of late, hitting .409 (18-44) over his latest 10 game hit streak.

Comment

• Ichiro is curently leading the American League in hits with 186! This is through 143 games this season; this means he needs 14 hits in the next 19 games to reach 200 for the 10th consecutive season! He is curently on pace for 211 hits this year.

Comment

• Ich is currently riding a 13 game hit streak, his 2nd longest of the season (season high 14 game hit streak from 6/29-7/15) and his 4th streak of 10+ games this season! He is hittin .356/.356/.441 over this stretch with a HR and 5 SB's.

Comment

• He's gonna need to do better than that to make it to 200, lol. He needs a good 3 hit night or something to really help himself out. He's got about 9 games left to get 14 hits in.

Comment

He's gonna need to do better than that to make it to 200, lol. He needs a good 3 hit night or something to really help himself out. He's got about 9 games left to get 14 hits in.
                            No, the M's have played 144 games this season which means there are 18 games left. That gives him 18 games to get 14 hits - something a lot easier to do.

Comment

• Ichiro had a good night last night, though the M's still fell to the Red Sox.

He went 3-4 with a double, a walk, as Stolen Base and scored 4 runs. This was his first game to score 4 runs since September 2007.

That sadly brings his runs scored total to a measly 66! And that is leading the team!

But his season Hits total is up to 189 now, putting him only 11 hits away from 200 with 17 games left!
                              Last edited by Edgartohof; 09-15-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
                                No, the M's have played 144 games this season which means there are 18 games left. That gives him 18 games to get 14 hits - something a lot easier to do.
                                Definitely easier. That's what I get for trying to look at how many games the M's have by looking at the schedule on mlb.com. They only showed the home games on the newer calendar layout.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X