No announcement yet.

Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had the game in the bag and our bullpen threw it away!

Ichiro went 2-5 at the plate with a run scored and a SB (19th of the season).

He now has a 9 game hitting streak (18 hits over the stretch). He now has 84 hits this season and is now on pace for 189 hits for the year. Almost on pace!

Comment

• During Ichiro's current 9 game hitting streak, he has hit: .461/.475/.615 with 18 hits, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 10 runs and 5 SB's.

Oh how great it is to have Ich back to form again!

Comment

• Ichiro had 2 hits in each of his last 3 games after going hitless in his first 2 games of this month.

He now has 98 hits on the season, only 2 away from 100.

Comment

• Benjamin Hoffman of the New York Times has written an article on Ichiro Suzuki.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/sp...s-the-eye.html
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• I was reading on ESPN the magazine about Bill James formula about who will make 3,000 hits next. He says Arod has got a 97% of getting to 3,000 because of age and current pace.

While ichiro has got a 14% chance.

Arod will get it barring any injuries or major setbacks. But can ichiro get it in MLB 3,000 hits. In only a 10 year career in MLB he has 2,300. Plus what he has in NPB. But if ichiro can get to 3,000 in MLB career that would be amazing. He seems to me like a player that can play into his 40s but can he keep a similar production level.

Ichiro is my favorite player but 3,000 might be tough for him.

What do you guys think? Can he get 3000 hits in MLB before he retires?

Comment

• Originally posted by quinnystar27 View Post
              I was reading on ESPN the magazine about Bill James formula about who will make 3,000 hits next. He says Arod has got a 97% of getting to 3,000 because of age and current pace.

While ichiro has got a 14% chance.

Arod will get it barring any injuries or major setbacks. But can ichiro get it in MLB 3,000 hits. In only a 10 year career in MLB he has 2,300. Plus what he has in NPB. But if ichiro can get to 3,000 in MLB career that would be amazing. He seems to me like a player that can play into his 40s but can he keep a similar production level.

Ichiro is my favorite player but 3,000 might be tough for him.

What do you guys think? Can he get 3000 hits in MLB before he retires?
              I think he can do it, but it's hard to tell. I wouldn't put a dead-bolt-lock guarantee on him doing it for sure, but on the other hand I would not be the least bit surprised if he does make it.

Comment

• Ichiro lost the team lead in batting average (among qualified hitters) to Brendan Ryan. The lead change lasted ONE game. Ryan moved by Ichiro by going 6 for 10 over the 19th and 20th this month. He held the team lead with a .261 average while Ichiro slipped to .260 on the 20th.

Ichiro's back on top with a .265 average after going 3-for-4 with a walk in the M's loss to Toronto. Ryan went 2-for-5, raising his average to .263.

Ryan is the Mariners' hottest hitter this month, hitting .295 (.381 in the last 7 days). Ichiro, on the other hand, is hitting .182 for the month (3 for 26 in the last 7 days). His projected total for the season sits at 177 hits.

Despite this, I think he still has a shot at 200.
                Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stumanji View Post
                  Despite this, I think he still has a shot at 200.
                  I do too, but he's really got to perk up soon. Three fer four last night, and one fer one with two stolen bases and a run scored so far tonight feels promising. But he's got to keep it up & pour it on for the rest of the season.

:twocents:

Comment

• Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
                    I do too, but he's really got to perk up soon. Three fer four last night, and one fer one with two stolen bases and a run scored so far tonight feels promising. But he's got to keep it up & pour it on for the rest of the season.

:twocents:
                    How are his splits before/ after the All Star break?
                    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• Sorta hard to believe, but Ichiro has now played in more games as a Mariner than Ken Griffey, Jr.!

(1,695 to 1,685.)

Also, he is now #1 all-time in ABs, over Edgar Martinez!

(7,226 to 7,213.)

:atthepc
                      Last edited by Seattle1; 08-02-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Ichiro has stepped it up a little this month, hitting nearly .300. He has had a 10 game hitting streak already and has a 9 game hitting streak currently. In the last 9 games, he is hitting .366 with 15 hits. He has had 2 hits in each of his last 3 games and multiple hits in 4 of his last 5 games.

He currently has 148 hits in 129 games (130 team games). He is on pace for 185 hits so far this season. In order to reach the 200 hit plateau, he needs 54 hits in the remaining 32 games (1.69 hits/game).

Let's put it this way. So far this season, Ichiro has averaged 4.21 AB/Game. So we could expect him to have around 135 AB's through the end of the season (4.21x32). 54 hits/135 AB = .405 BA. So he needs an amazing September to reach his annual goal of 200 hits.

Comment

• Ich now has a 12 game hitting streak and a total of 152 hits so far on the season. That leaves a total of 48 hits to reach 200 for the season over the next month. This is not that out of the realm of possiblilty as Ichiro did have 45 hits over his last 30 games of the season, last year.

Comment

• Well, Ichiro added a 2nd base hit last night (both hits were doubles). That puts him on pace for 187 hits this season.

So now, he needs only 47 hits to reach 200, or 1.621 hits/game. And at this seasons average of 4.214 AB/game, that meands he needs to hit around .385 the rest of the way out.

He is hitting .307 so far in August, .324 since August 3rd, and .370 over his 12 game hitting streak. So yes, that means that he needs to pick it up even more than he has been to reach this goal of his. I am going to be rooting him on until the end though! Heck, in 2005, he didn't reach 200 hits until the 160th game of the season, maybe it will take until 162 this year?

Comment

• The M's lost big last night (13-6) but Ichiro was at least able to add a hit to extend his hitting streak to 13 games.

Both Ackley and Carp had 2 hits and both of Carp's hits were doubles.

Comment

• The Mariner's are just about to start their game in a moment. They are facing the Angel's tonight. Dan Haren is pitching for them and Vasquez will be pitching for us (or as hit 11.00+ ERA might suggest, he may be pitching for the opposing team instead!).

Ichiro was 13-48 against Haren through the end of the 2010 season with only 1 SO! I was too lazy to see what they have done against the other this season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X