No announcement yet.

Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mariner's are just about to start their game in a moment. They are facing the Angel's tonight. Dan Haren is pitching for them and Vasquez will be pitching for us (or as his 11.00+ ERA might suggest, he may be pitching for the opposing team instead!).

Ichiro was 13-48 against Haren through the end of the 2010 season with only 1 SO! I was too lazy to see what they have done against the other this season.
    Last edited by Edgartohof; 09-05-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• 2 hits for Ichiro last night, including a leadoff HR in the 1st inning!

Comment

• I don't know if Ichiro will make it to 200 hits this season but he seems to have turned it up a little bit lately and with HR's in back to back games along with a 4 hit night last night, he seems to be giving it a good shot.

He now has 167 hits, putting him 33 hits away with 19 games to go (1.74 hits/game).

I sure would love to seem him accomplish this!

He also added 2 more SB's last night, bringing his season total to 39. If he reaches 40 SB's, that will be the 5th time in his career that he has done so. If he does reach 40 SB's, this would be the first time in his MLB career that he has had back-to-back 40+ SB seasons! He would also be only the 6th player to accumulate 40+ SB's in their age 37 season! Even Rickey only had 37 at 37.

So, while this is certainly his worst season ever, it's not amazingly horrible. His Defense has not been stellar but I don't think it has been as bad as some folks have said (and not as bad as DWAR says).

Comment

• Wouldn't that be weird if he ended up with 199 hits on the season?

Comment

• At this rate, he won't even scratch 190 . . .

Comment

• Well I guess his streak is over.... Unless he goes 5 for 5 for the next three games and 6 for 6 on the last game.

Comment

• Ichiro's Career Numbers through conclusion of the 2011 regular season

Ichiro put up some very un-Ichiro-like numbers in 2011.
                He still had 40 stolen bases, which is darn good at nearly age 38. That brought him over the 400 Stolen Base milestone and he finished the season with 423 career steals. About 95 players in baseball history have 400 steals and only 33 Post-World War Two players have reached that milestone.
                His 184 hits (His first season with less than 200 hits) brought his lifetime total to 2428 hits.
                His .272 season batting average lowered his career average to .326.
                This offseason (by Ichiro's standards) also dropped his career On Base percentage to
                To date he has scored 1127 runs in 11 seasons: an average of about 102.5 runs per season.
                -philliesfiend55-

Comment

• I bet he bounces back big time in 2012 with another 2004-like season.

2011 was tough for him because he was saddled the whole time with the overbearing weight of the knowledge of the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster in his homeland. Hard to play baseball under those circumstances.

:twocents:

Comment

• The Mariner's won opening day!

Ichiro had a big day, including recording the irst hit of the 2012 season, quite appropriate since they played in Japan! He went 4-5 for the day including an RBI single in the 11th inning to give the Mariner's an insurance run.

This is the most hits he has recorded on opening day in the Majors so far. I know he didn't reach 200 hits last year but I think we will have to start that Ichi-Meter again soon! 4 down, 196 to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
                      Ichi-Meter
                      Sounds like something you measure a mosquito bite with.

Comment

• Fyi, with his homer last night against the Angels, Ichiro is now just one homer away from 100 homers on his Mariner career, he will become the twelfth Mariner to reach that mark. He will certinaly retire in the Mariners top ten ranks in that category. The question is just how high in the top ten will he climb? My guess is anything is "possible" except anywhere in the top three. He won't get that high in homers.

1. Ken Griffey 417
                        2. Edgar Martinez 309
                        3. Jay Buhner 307
                        4. Alex Rodriguez 189
                        5. Alvin Davis 160
                        6. Bret Boone 143
                        7. Raul Ibanez 127
                        8. Jim Presley 115
                        9. Ken Phelps 105
                        Richie Sexson 105
                        11. Adrian Beltre 103
                        12. Ichiro Suzuki 99

Comment

• Ichiro's four hits Tuesday to fly past the 2,500 hits milestone was quite impressive, as is his overall career performance with 2,503 hits in about 11.4 MLB seasons. Reaching the 2,600 level before the end of ths season is certainly within his grasp.

Comment

• Ichiro has been traded to the Yankees.

Sorry.
                            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                              Ichiro has been traded to the Yankees.

Sorry.
                              Thanks. But we will get over it. Cabman is not allowed to go drinking with jack Z anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
                                Thanks. But we will get over it. Cabman is not allowed to go drinking with jack Z anymore.
                                Easy for you to say, but what about the Mariners fans? This is the Seattle forum, after all.
                                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X