Does Bonderman have anything left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bonderman have anything left?

Not too much risk with a Minor League deal, still... After a 2 year break from pitching? We'll see I guess.

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariner...ariners22.html
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

No. Nothing left. Waste of time.
    The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

I blame the Tigers for Bonderman's woes. They were a joke at the time, and I remember posting on my old site about how great it would be for them to once again reach prominance. They only had one legitimate pitcher following 2002 in Jeff Weaver, and even though Bonderman (who pitched well in the hitter-friendly Cali league for Oakland) never pitched above A-ball, they moved him up into the rotation by opening day as a 20 year old. While learning on the fly might be helpful to some, I think it would have been a very good idea for him to hone his trade in AA for at least a season before simply calling him up and letting him take his lumps.

I firmly believe he'd be a very good pitcher had he had the benefits of being groomed like he should have as opposed to the Tigers at the time appeasing their fan base by rushing up a very high-end prospect a bit too early.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

I don't understand these low risk, no upside type of signings. It's not like teams are short of bodies in ST.

Comment

Eh, he's only 30. Maybe he still has something left. Perhaps he could be an inning eater or a spot starter. He certainly couldn't do much worse than Noesi did last season.

Comment

That's why Erasmo Ramirez is there. Ramirez should have taken Noesi's spot in the first place but Wedge is a horrible evaluator of talent. Benching Jaso, misusing Iwakuma, the love affairs with Olivo and Peguero. It's safe to assume, someone other than Wedge will manage the next Seattle playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
              I don't understand these low risk, no upside type of signings. It's not like teams are short of bodies in ST.
              It's actually a no-risk, some upside signing.

If he's terrible, they cut him in spring training and are out a few thousand bucks.
              If he's got something left, well...major league quality pitchers don't just grow on trees.

As the commish said, he's still relatively young. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Bonderman is a good pitcher who was in a very bad situation. Of all the players who weren't around for the Tigers resurrgence, he's the one I miss the most, the one who should have still been there.

I'm not going to write him off based on a complete lack of evidence. I do hope he does well enough to contribute.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Wasn't he the only pitcher who was drafted after his junior year of high school?
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
                    Wasn't he the only pitcher who was drafted after his junior year of high school?
                    According to wikipedia, he's the
                    Originally posted by Bonderman's wikipedia page
                    only high school junior ever to be drafted with a first round pick in baseball history.

Comment

Originally posted by filihok View Post
                      According to wikipedia, he's the
                      Ahh, still very impressive.

I remember Jeremy as one of those guys who just had dirty stuff, but just could never harness it. I wish the best for him!
                      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X