Where is Delmon Young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Delmon Young?

I am a Tiger fan and Dimitri's little brother Delmon is the top prospect in the D-Ray orgonization. When is this guy coming up, I want to see him. I saw him at the futures game in Comerica Park with all of the top prospects from each orgonization. He doubled and walked in the futures game. He was the number one pick overall and he seems like the savior of Tampa Bay baseball for many years to come.
    I just want to know what's the deal with him, and when will he be in the bigs?

dmitri was also highly touted as a cardinals' prospect, but he never turned into the player that a lot of people hoped he would be. while he has had a decent career, and continues to play at a respectable level, he isn't close to being a superstar. delmon has a long way to go before he saves any organizations. i'm sure the devil rays will find a way to ruin him anyways.

Comment

Might not be till '06

Our cheap owner doesn't want to start his free agency clock ticking any sooner than he has to. I would hope both he and Upton get called up after September 1st, but I'm not holding my breath. He certainly will get every opportunity to win a job in spring training. He was on local radio this past Saturday and came right out and said he has nothing left to prove in the minor leagues. We all hope he's here sooner rather than later :o
      Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

the only thing thats going to save this franchise is to move it to a city that cares about baseball and tampa ain't it. florida is great for minor league baseball and spring training but even the marlins cant get a new stadium and they have 2 world championships. the bucs got a new stadium before they ever won anything. that tells you all you need to know.

Comment

We can and we will

The Bucs got a new stadium only because it had to be voted on by the taxpayers and it got tied into community improvements for roads, police and fire etc, and it still only passed by a 53-47% vote. The Glazers were all ready to move to Baltimore before Art Modell moved the Browns, but the taxpayers came through to keep the team.

The Rays are a different animal. This area was passionate about baseball, but the current owner has drained all the excitement and enthusiasm out of the marketplace. He has alienated the local business community, has argued with fans, has thrown others teams scouts out of the building, has been the lowest payroll by far in baseball for forever...I could go on and on. :grouchy

In the late 80's early 90's MLB used this area as a sucker pawn to get other cities to build their teams new stadiums (Chicago WS, SF Giants, Minny Twins, Seattle etc). If only Selig would force Naimoli out of office and install a real owner, the fans would come back. Right now they refuse to support this owner, even though the team is playing well right now.

I will agree that with Florida's transient population, and where most everyone here is from somewhere else, old allegiances die hard. People here didn't live and die with the Devil Rays as a way of life, like they do in Boston or NY. People move here from those areas and continue to raise their kids as Red Sox and Yankee fans, even though Tampa Bay has its own team. That's a big part of the problem IMO.
          Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

all valid points that you made. so let me add another, the worst stadium in baseball plus its in st. pete. an open air stadium in tampa would be good for them.

Comment

The Trop is OK

You can't have an open air stadium in Florida. The Marlins are begging the legislature to have a retractable roof stadium in Miami, and even with 2 World Championships, can't get one approved. It's much too hot and rainy most every day in the summer to have an open air stadium. Retractable is the way to go, but until Naimoli is gone, and the team has some success, there is no chance in hell that the taxpayers will build the Rays a new stadium.

Comment

September 1st

Today's paper says that Young most probably will NOT be called up in September, they are still debating whether to bring up Upton, and Jeff Niemann is definitely not coming up either. He's been hurt most of the year and can't even go 5 innings yet.

Comment

i saw delmon play for durham in a four game series last week. he's pretty green, but has a pretty imposing build. he crushed the ball a few times in in batting practice, and hit the ball well a few times in the games. like i said before, he has a long way to go, but he also has a lot of potential.

Comment

Yesterday the Southern League announced that Young is the league's MVP for 2005.

MARIETTA, GA – The Southern League of Professional Baseball Clubs is proud to announce the winners of the major on-field awards for the 2005 season as voted upon by the league’s field managers, radio broadcasters and print media. The winners are as follows:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER Delmon Young – Montgomery Biscuits Montgomery Biscuits’ outfielder Delmon Young was named the 2005 Southern League Most Valuable Player. Before being promoted to the Triple-A Durham Bulls on July 15, Young put up huge numbers in 84 games played in the Southern League, batting .336 with 20 home runs and 71 RBI. The 6-foot-3-inch 205-pound Young also showed some speed on the basepaths, swiping 25 bases. The 19-year-old won the Topps Southern League Player of the Month Award twice (May and June), BC Hitter of the Week Award once (May 2-8) and was the starting right fielder for the South Division All-Star Team in the 2005 Southern League All-Star Game. Baseball America rates Young, the number one overall pick in the 2003 draft, the top prospect in the Devil Rays’ organization and the number three prospect in all of professional baseball. He resides in Camarillo, CA.

Comment

They won't call up Delmon Young until next year when he will make the club with B.J. Upton.THey won't call them up now ,because they want to keep them as long as possible for the club to develope so they won't become free agents to early.If that happened their talent would have been wasted by the D-Rays.
                      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Delmon is still in the minors. I doubt if he will be called up this year. Maybe next year, but with Carl Crawford, Rocco Baldelli, who knows where he will play. Maybe if Namaoli sells the team, better things will happen for them. The talent is there

Comment

It has announced that Vince will not be back, so the future is better.

Delmon called TB cheap, and he was right, but his stats in AAA simply wasn't that much impressive, and I really doubt he would've said anything if he wasn't the best player in the Minor this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2159942
                          Frank's Field of Dreams
                          "If I build it, you'll come."

Comment

Originally posted by Ichiro51
                            Delmon called TB cheap, and he was right, but his stats in AAA simply wasn't that much impressive, and I really doubt he would've said anything if he wasn't the best player in the Minor this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2159942

Too funny- I read that today and was going to post it. Delmon has a good point though.
                            WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                              MOST VALUABLE PLAYER Delmon Young – Montgomery Biscuits
                              The "Biscuits"???

Only the D-Rays...
                              I'm NickG, and I approve this message.

Home page

"In God we trust, all else must have data."
                              -- Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X