Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Hamilton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Josh...

    I've seen Josh play a number of times, I remember when I was 10 years old our All-Star team saw him play. I've also had the pleasure of working out with him on numerous occasions. If you can't tell by my name I go to Josh's former high school, I am currently the starting shortstop. Josh is an extremely amazing player still, which I can defiently see why the D-Rays, are keeping with him. It's not ever day when you see a man that hasn't played in over 3 years hit balls 450 opposite field in BP. Also, throw off a mound in our alumni game around 92-95 after not pitching since high school.

    Josh is still a great guy, everytime I see him he always gives me a big pat on the back and jokes and shows respect to everyone. For people that might not remember, Josh was just about to be moved up until he and his mother were hit by a drunk driver when he was 20, it took them 3 hours to get them both out of the car, and then his back started hurting. And thats when all this happend. I know that he has messed up, and he knows that too, I just wish that Josh can just get his life straightened out, and hopefully get back on the field, but if he can't then as long as he lives his life without this problem.

    Wish him the best...
    Z-Hut # 5...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Athens Drive Bball 05
      I've seen Josh play a number of times, I remember when I was 10 years old our All-Star team saw him play. I've also had the pleasure of working out with him on numerous occasions. If you can't tell by my name I go to Josh's former high school, I am currently the starting shortstop. Josh is an extremely amazing player still, which I can defiently see why the D-Rays, are keeping with him. It's not ever day when you see a man that hasn't played in over 3 years hit balls 450 opposite field in BP. Also, throw off a mound in our alumni game around 92-95 after not pitching since high school.

      Josh is still a great guy, everytime I see him he always gives me a big pat on the back and jokes and shows respect to everyone. For people that might not remember, Josh was just about to be moved up until he and his mother were hit by a drunk driver when he was 20, it took them 3 hours to get them both out of the car, and then his back started hurting. And thats when all this happend. I know that he has messed up, and he knows that too, I just wish that Josh can just get his life straightened out, and hopefully get back on the field, but if he can't then as long as he lives his life without this problem.

      Wish him the best...
      Z-Hut # 5...
      The main thing is for him to get his life straightened out, baseball is secondary. You point something out that many of us forget, the car accident he and his mom were in. Up until that point everything seemed to be going well.
      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

      Comment


      • #33
        If Josh Hamilton somehow did come back, it wouldn't be with the Devil Rays anyway. They have a ton of outfielders right now, they have so many that they have one at DH, and one at third base when healthy(Huff), yet there isn't enough room for a prospect like Delmon Young to get a chance yet.

        Plus, as good as he is he has wasted 7 years of his career. I don't think he will be heard of anytime soon.

        Is he still working with Winning Inning though?

        Comment


        • #34
          Hamilton's comeback

          This kid isn't done. His future is still entirely in his own hands. He was dealt a tough hand and struggled through some hard times with a few bad decisions, but his future, as a person AND as a ballplayer, is far from decided.

          He's still young enough (at 24), and certainly talented enough (power & speed with a cannon), to make it to the bigs and be one hell of a comeback story. I'm rooting all out for him to get it all straightened out.

          And I think he could make it with the Rays. In a year or two when he's ready, there's no telling what the Rays will look like. It will likely depend on how good he is, if he is able to get back on track. I'm definitely pulling for the kid.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mike Corona
            This kid isn't done. His future is still entirely in his own hands. He was dealt a tough hand and struggled through some hard times with a few bad decisions, but his future, as a person AND as a ballplayer, is far from decided.

            He's still young enough (at 24), and certainly talented enough (power & speed with a cannon), to make it to the bigs and be one hell of a comeback story. I'm rooting all out for him to get it all straightened out.

            And I think he could make it with the Rays. In a year or two when he's ready, there's no telling what the Rays will look like. It will likely depend on how good he is, if he is able to get back on track. I'm definitely pulling for the kid.
            A lot of people are pulling for him. Not just for him to get his playing career back, but to get his life back in order. The main focus for him right now, is to not have any more lapses.
            Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
            www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

            Comment


            • #36
              Josh...

              Josh, I hope he gets back up... as I understand after talking to him last week, he is 2 weeks in NC, and 2 weeks in Floridia. He is spending time with his kids up here in NC.

              I saw him last week at Wendy's eating 3 Triple Cheeseburgers, ha ha... he said he wasn't that hungry though. He always has been great to me, and the rest of our team.

              If he does somehow get back to playing, in my mind there is no question he could play... I mean last fall, we were taking BP, he was just running things down in our outfield, with ease, and then throwing home about 5 feet off the ground the ball coming home. I mean if anything I think he was clocked at 94 mph in our alumni game after not pitching since Senior year in High School.

              Then he had to show us up by hitting a ball of a tee out to dead center, which is 385, so I think he could definetly get back if he just gets clean and healthy, and seems like he's doing the right thing working at the center, and helping with the groundscrew at Tropicana Field.

              However, I just wish he could get a shot soon, maybe some time this year, if he can I think he could make it hopefully. Or if anything just get his life back in order.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Athens Drive Bball 05
                Josh, I hope he gets back up... as I understand after talking to him last week, he is 2 weeks in NC, and 2 weeks in Floridia. He is spending time with his kids up here in NC.

                I saw him last week at Wendy's eating 3 Triple Cheeseburgers, ha ha... he said he wasn't that hungry though. He always has been great to me, and the rest of our team.

                If he does somehow get back to playing, in my mind there is no question he could play... I mean last fall, we were taking BP, he was just running things down in our outfield, with ease, and then throwing home about 5 feet off the ground the ball coming home. I mean if anything I think he was clocked at 94 mph in our alumni game after not pitching since Senior year in High School.

                Then he had to show us up by hitting a ball of a tee out to dead center, which is 385, so I think he could definetly get back if he just gets clean and healthy, and seems like he's doing the right thing working at the center, and helping with the groundscrew at Tropicana Field.

                However, I just wish he could get a shot soon, maybe some time this year, if he can I think he could make it hopefully. Or if anything just get his life back in order.
                MLB is going to be very cautious in reinstating him early. He has had so many setbacks after starting clean.Josh Hamilton at 75% of what he was when he signed would still be a very good ball player.
                Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Mike Corona
                  This kid isn't done. His future is still entirely in his own hands. He was dealt a tough hand and struggled through some hard times with a few bad decisions, but his future, as a person AND as a ballplayer, is far from decided.

                  He's still young enough (at 24), and certainly talented enough (power & speed with a cannon), to make it to the bigs and be one hell of a comeback story. I'm rooting all out for him to get it all straightened out.

                  And I think he could make it with the Rays. In a year or two when he's ready, there's no telling what the Rays will look like. It will likely depend on how good he is, if he is able to get back on track. I'm definitely pulling for the kid.
                  exactly! thats why he should get his **** together and come play for the sox! but seriously, i'd hate to see all that tallent go to complete waste. still time to come back

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Reinstatement a possiblilty...

                    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...ws/261564.html

                    Baseball had announced today that Josh is now allowed to particiapate in Extended Spring Training... I think thats great...

                    I recommend read the article in the link I present. I'm just glad he is getting the chance...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Athens Drive Bball 05
                      http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...ws/261564.html

                      Baseball had announced today that Josh is now allowed to particiapate in Extended Spring Training... I think thats great...

                      I recommend read the article in the link I present. I'm just glad he is getting the chance...
                      Thanks for the update, that is great news. I look forward to the press conference. I will try to get over and see Josh in extended spring training.
                      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by tonypug
                        Thanks for the update, that is great news. I look forward to the press conference. I will try to get over and see Josh in extended spring training.
                        Well Josh Hamilton met the press today and handled himself well. Then he worked out at the Namoli Complex, took some batting practice and showed despite the long layoff, he is still a tremendous talent.And to think just a few months ago every other team in MLB declined the opportunity to pick up Hamilton on waivers, which allowed the Rays to remove him from the 40 man roster and still retain rights to him.The Josh Hamilton that met the press today seemed to be a much more mature person. Hopefully today started the reserection of his baseball career, and that he is able to keep his life in order.
                        Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                        www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Thanks for the information supposed to be the next Mickey Mantle (Unlike the bullshite given about JD Drew by Boras) Like I said in the past a natural baseball player I will bet an avater that he will be either in the Majors in September or out of baseball for good. A Boom or Bust chance on Hamilton

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            According to what I heard on the Blue Jay Broadcast last night, Hamilton is a self confessed cocaine addict who claims to have been clean for the last 7 months. I really hope he has turned himself around.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by starkeeper
                              According to what I heard on the Blue Jay Broadcast last night, Hamilton is a self confessed cocaine addict who claims to have been clean for the last 7 months. I really hope he has turned himself around.
                              He has admitted to using cocaone and has been getting drug tested by MLB. If Mlb is starting the re-instatement procedure, he at least for now is doing the right thing.
                              Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                              www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                i hope

                                i hope he gets back and baseball and becomes the player he was suppose to become, he's one of the 18 players to fail to make the bigs from that 1st round in 1999

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X