No announcement yet.

Josh Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh has admitted, and yes he seems to be doing better...

He has now taken part of some workouts, and BP with the Spring Training team. He has hit 12 balls out and some over 500 feet. If you read an this link you might get a new perspective on him. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...tm?POE=SPOISVA

Some of this has shocked me... Just to think I saw him 2 months before him, before he ended up at his grandmothers house.

He is a really great guy to talk to and get to know, I know I'm rooting for Josh, because he has always treated me great.

Hope he can start with A ball next week when they are supposed to reinstate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Athens Drive Bball 05
      Josh has admitted, and yes he seems to be doing better...

He has now taken part of some workouts, and BP with the Spring Training team. He has hit 12 balls out and some over 500 feet. If you read an this link you might get a new perspective on him. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...tm?POE=SPOISVA

Some of this has shocked me... Just to think I saw him 2 months before him, before he ended up at his grandmothers house.

He is a really great guy to talk to and get to know, I know I'm rooting for Josh, because he has always treated me great.

Hope he can start with A ball next week when they are supposed to reinstate him.
      Sometimes you have to lose something, before you realize how badly you want it.
      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Tonight

Josh begins his comeback tonight for the Hudson Valley Renegades playing the Brooklyn Cyclones at KeySpan Park in Coney Island NY. He will be the DH, and will gradually work his way back into the OF. He had an adventure getting there for NC, as he missed a flight, another flight was delayed, his luggage (including all his bats and equipment) were lost, he had to borrow size 16 spikes and wedge his size 19 feet into them etc...but this time he sounds like he is finally ready to work to fulfill all the promise he had in 1999.

Getting married, adopting her little girl, having a child of their own, all seems to have finally made him grow up and accept responsibility for his actions. Good luck, Josh, we're pulling for you!
        Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

Originally posted by raysnbran
          Josh begins his comeback tonight for the Hudson Valley Renegades playing the Brooklyn Cyclones at KeySpan Park in Coney Island NY. He will be the DH, and will gradually work his way back into the OF. He had an adventure getting there for NC, as he missed a flight, another flight was delayed, his luggage (including all his bats and equipment) were lost, he had to borrow size 16 spikes and wedge his size 19 feet into them etc...but this time he sounds like he is finally ready to work to fulfill all the promise he had in 1999.

Getting married, adopting her little girl, having a child of their own, all seems to have finally made him grow up and accept responsibility for his actions. Good luck, Josh, we're pulling for you!
          The Cyclones games can be heard over the internet. We all are pulling for Hamilton in baseball and in life.

Comment

Congrats Josh... I always knew he could do it, and eventually come back and play... The best part is he got a standing ovation from the crowd... I think everywhere he goes he should get this type of treatment... I know he won't but it would be nice to see if he could... And also getting a double and scoring one of the 2 runs the Renegades got... congrats Josh... Best of luck to him, and can't wait to play against him in our alumni game now...

Comment

Congrats Josh... I always knew he could do it, and eventually come back and play... The best part is he got a standing ovation from the crowd... I think everywhere he goes he should get this type of treatment... I know he won't but it would be nice to see if he could... And also getting a double and scoring one of the 2 runs the Renegades got... congrats Josh... Best of luck to him, and can't wait to play against him in our alumni game now...
              That was a big first step. The St. Pete Times had a nice story on Josh in todays paper.

Comment

Josh Hamilton injured

It appears that Josh Hamiltons season is over due to a knee injury. Hamilton said he was disappointed, but considering where he was last year at this time he is very happy with things.

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by tonypug
                  It appears that Josh Hamiltons season is over due to a knee injury. Hamilton said he was disappointed, but considering where he was last year at this time he is very happy with things.
                  It will be interesting to see if he can recover from the surgery after being on the painkillers. That's what began his downward spiral the last time, after the car accident he was in with his parents in spring training.
                  Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

Originally posted by raysnbran
                    It will be interesting to see if he can recover from the surgery after being on the painkillers. That's what began his downward spiral the last time, after the car accident he was in with his parents in spring training.
                    It's funny I was thinking the same thing. This will be a trial by fire for him.

Comment

Josh...

Last week before his surgery, he was a lot happier than I have seen him before. He was bummed about the surgery because it made him cancel his season. But he was happy about playing again. He was at our alumni game... and he said it was a recurring injury that he suffered earlier, but now he is hoping this surgery clears it up, and then he can play this winter probably in St. Petersburg or somewhere in Florida...

The surgery went successful with no ligaments, or tendon damage... so hopefully we'll see him in spring training next year.

Comment

Last week before his surgery, he was a lot happier than I have seen him before. He was bummed about the surgery because it made him cancel his season. But he was happy about playing again. He was at our alumni game... and he said it was a recurring injury that he suffered earlier, but now he is hoping this surgery clears it up, and then he can play this winter probably in St. Petersburg or somewhere in Florida...

The surgery went successful with no ligaments, or tendon damage... so hopefully we'll see him in spring training next year.
                        Thanks for keeping us updated on Josh. Please let us know how he is coming along during his rehab.

Comment

He is in the BIGS..

Wow!
                          Around the time Josh took a nose dive personally, I did too.
                          I came out of mine about a year ago, and it appears he is too.

Batting 26x with double digit HRs in the bigs!

I once attended church with Josh when he was 20 (2001). He held my then 4 month old daughter, and he had a soft face.
                          I am so glad he is doing well.

:-)

Comment

So far Josh has made the most of his second chance. I hope you continue to do well also.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxFan4Life View Post
                              To me this is one of the most disappointing stories in baseball. Hamilton could have been one of the greatest players of his time, he had tremendous power and just all around natural ability. I would absolutely love it if he could make it in the majors, but he's getting older and while he has been working out and trying to stay in shape (last I heard), I really think his time has passed. Doesn't he have a younger brother as well?
                              Wow, blew that one...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X