Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D'Arnaud has been one of MLB's best 2019 in-season pickups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Arnaud has been one of MLB's best 2019 in-season pickups.

Tampa Bay Rays' catcher, Travis D'Arnaud has been the best in-season pickup of any team I can think of this year. Acquired "on the cheap" from the Los Angeles Dodgers, with the Dodgers still paying most of his in excess of 3 million dollars salary, D'Arnaud has blossomed into a very productive hitter and excellent handler of the Rays' pitchers. D'Arnaud has great stats since he's come to the Rays: 16 HR, 63 RBI, OPS: .817, B. avg. .266. He's definitely be a "second-half all-star" if there was such a thing. Let's not forget that he's bailed out the Rays at the catching position as a handler of pitchers. - not missing any time, very durable, timely hitting, and he's become the team's #1 catcher, supplanting the Opening Day #1 backstop, Mike Zunino, who once again is struggling along below the "Mendoza Line". The Rays winning percentage is much higher when D'Arnaud is the starting catcher - much higher than if Zunino or any other catcher starts.

As a Phillies fan I can only shake my head in disgust over D'Arnaud's success with the Rays,, because D'Arnaud is another player that the Phillies drafted (D'Arnaud was a first round pick nine years ago), but gave up on before they reached the big leagues, who blossomed into fine players for other teams. (See Carlos Carrasco, Gio Gonzalez, Ender Inciarte and now Travis D'Arnaud to name a few.)
    Last edited by philliesfiend55; 09-17-2019, 12:24 PM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X