Poor defense and too many K's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor defense and too many K's

If this infield isn't making errors, they are giving up infield hits. I've never seen so many infield hits before. Also, just like last year, K way too much.

I don't see the improvements that this team was supposed to have.

Sweeping the Blue Jays, a team that's supposed to challenge in the division, covers up a lot of mistakes. Now we will see where we stand with the Red Sox coming to town...
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

I'll give you the too many K's, but the defense is lightyears better than last year. Case in point - tonight's game. Bartlett couldn't hit a watermelon (as my grandfather used to say), but his glove at short made the W possible (along with Crawford and Upton in the OF, of course).

Comment

OK, how about tonight ?? Another lousy infield hit is going to be what drops the Rays to the Red Sox after a great game by Jackson, who deserves the win.

Comment

now against the Orioles.......

ANOTHER INFIELD HIT ALLOWS A RUN !!!!!

THIS DEFENSE BLOWS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Um, what game are you watching? A base on balls is not usually considered an "infield hit."

I really hope you're trying to be funny...

Comment

Looks like you are the one trying to be funny. If you check the date of the post and note the reference to the Orioles, you would see that it was the game on 4/29. Gamecast said it was an infield hit and a run scored.

Comment

Seriously? By every statistical measure (and with many eyeballs) the Rays' glovework is far, far, FAR better than last year and arguably the best in their division. Nobody's perfect, of course, but the D has been spectacular at times and very consistent. This is a team strength.

Comment

Just to throw some numbers out there - last year the Rays had the worst Runs Created Against numbers in the league, by far. This year, they're second best. More details from the Sporting News:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=406531

Comment

Poor defense?
                    What are you smoking?
                    We are improved by far too much.
                    If we need to complain about something, it is stranding runners on at the beggining of the inning with none out!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X