X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matito
    replied
    Originally posted by gman5431 View Post
    Tick Tock Tick Tock - beginning to look like they may not need him in regular season, but dont they want to bring him up so he is eligible for the post season roster?

G Man
    I wouldnt want to bring a rookie who has already been through the minors as fast as Price has up for the post season. It just seems like that would be rushing things a lot too much.

Leave a comment:

• gman5431
    replied
    Tick Tock Tick Tock - beginning to look like they may not need him in regular season, but dont they want to bring him up so he is eligible for the post season roster?

G Man

Leave a comment:

• zengator
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddiey View Post
    David Price had his third Durham outing tonight and lasted only 4 innings.
    He's had a rough 3 outings at Durham. IMO he is not ready for the majors
    and calling him up on Sept 1 would be a mistake.
    Yep. I don't know if he's not ready or if he's just showing fatigue. Either way, I think he should call it a season when Durham's year is done. It's not like the Rays really need him right now.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiey
    replied
    David Price had his third Durham outing tonight and lasted only 4 innings.
    He's had a rough 3 outings at Durham. IMO he is not ready for the majors
    and calling him up on Sept 1 would be a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• zengator
    replied
    Originally posted by raiderjohn View Post
    Smart move would be the bullpen. Don't over use him, an inning or 2 every other day. Get him MLB experience in bits and being in the pennant race helps a ton right off the bat, ask KRod and Joba. The staff is pretty much set and doing well.
    For what it's worth, I agree with this. And to answer the rudely asked question, Price is already on the 40-man roster.

Leave a comment:

• raiderjohn
    replied
    Smart move would be the bullpen. Don't over use him, an inning or 2 every other day. Get him MLB experience in bits and being in the pennant race helps a ton right off the bat, ask KRod and Joba. The staff is pretty much set and doing well.

Leave a comment:

• zengator
    replied
    Originally posted by SoxFan68 View Post
    I imagine that if he's called up at all that he'll be used in the bullpen. They don't really need him in the rotation right now and there's no need to put the pressure of the Rays' first competitive season ever on his shoulders by throwing him into the rotation.

He should without a doubt be on the Rays 25 man roster by the beginning of 2009 if he isn't called up though. Rays "fans"...is he on the 40 man roster?
    Nice. If 2nd place chaffes, I suggest talcum.
    Last edited by zengator; 08-10-2008, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoxFan68
    replied
    I imagine that if he's called up at all that he'll be used in the bullpen. They don't really need him in the rotation right now and there's no need to put the pressure of the Rays' first competitive season ever on his shoulders by throwing him into the rotation.

He should without a doubt be on the Rays 25 man roster by the beginning of 2009 if he isn't called up though. Rays "fans"...is he on the 40 man roster?

Leave a comment:

• Eddiey
    replied
    Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
    Price should get about 3 starts at AAA. So who moves out of the rotation when he comes up in late August? Who goes to the bullpen? Jackson pitched well today, Sonnanstine did earlier in the series. Kazmir is pitching the worst right now of the starting 5. Or do you put Price in the bullpen and drop Miller?? Lots of questions to be answered between now and then...
    All good questions and I have no idea what will happen. I guess a lot will
    depend on where the team is at 3 weeks from now, who is doing well and
    who isn't. Who knows, the Rays just might decide not to call him up at all.

Leave a comment:

• raysnbran
    replied
    Price should get about 3 starts at AAA. So who moves out of the rotation when he comes up in late August? Who goes to the bullpen? Jackson pitched well today, Sonnanstine did earlier in the series. Kazmir is pitching the worst right now of the starting 5. Or do you put Price in the bullpen and drop Miller?? Lots of questions to be answered between now and then...

Leave a comment:

• Eddiey
    replied
    David Price has been promoted to Durham and will get his first AAA start
    on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiey
    replied
    It was reported in the Montgomery Advertiser that David Price has been
    promoted to the Montgomery Biscuits. He will start thursday against Mobile.

Leave a comment:

• zengator
    replied
    Originally posted by divrdown11 View Post
    I can dream, can't I ?????
    Sure.

Hey, if Price develops like he's supposed to and Garza takes a couple proxac (c) before each start, the front 4 will be devastatingly good in '09, '10, and possibly beyond. And with all those young'uns in the minors, somebody's gonna be better than Sonny/E-Jax by then as well, right???

Leave a comment:

• tonypug
    replied
    Originally posted by divrdown11 View Post
    I really look forward to the days when Jackson and Sonnonstein are no longer starters. The Rays would have a bunch more wins if it weren't for these two. When they are no longer starters, the Rays will win the AL East, but not until then.
    Andy Sonnenstine won his 8th game tonight. What is wrong with that? Jackson has been inconsistent, but Sonnenstine has been more then adequate.

Leave a comment:

• divrdown11
    replied
    I can dream, can't I ?????

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X