Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delmon Young

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Delmon Young

    will he play this year?

  • #2
    Good ?

    Only if he earns a starting OF position. He'll be sent down if he doesn't, so he gets plenty of AB's. We have a surplus of OF'ers with Crawford, Baldelli, Gomes, Hollins, Gathright etc, so he will really have to blow their socks off to stick. Plus he started the spring 0 for 8.
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

    Comment


    • #3
      Delmon???

      Delmon is not gonna be happy being sent down..

      h
      North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

      Comment


      • #4
        Well

        Originally posted by brooklynboy
        Delmon is not gonna be happy being sent down..

        h
        Elijah Dukes has outplayed Young to this point, and he wasn't even a factor at the start of spring training...
        Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

        Comment


        • #5
          so should I expect to keep Young from starting on my fantasy team this year? haha

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by brooklynboy
            Delmon is not gonna be happy being sent down..

            h
            If he is smart, and I have my doubts about that, he will keep his mouth shut, go to AAA and let his bat do the talking. Even if he does start hitting it would be better for him to start the year at Durham.
            Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
            www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Adios

              Young sent to Durham yesterday, along with BJ Upton. Expect to see them both around the all star break or sooner if we suck again...:grouchy
              Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

              Comment


              • #8
                Thought Upton was the franchise savoir??? Does anybody in this organization know what is going on???

                North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brooklynboy
                  Thought Upton was the franchise savoir??? Does anybody in this organization know what is going on???

                  Right now Lugo is the better player, but Lugo will probably be traded, then Upton will get his chance.
                  Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                  www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does Anybody Know???

                    Originally posted by tonypug
                    Right now Lugo is the better player, but Lugo will probably be traded, then Upton will get his chance.
                    Yea let's trade one of our better players for the usual top prospects....As much as I want to believe in the new organization, I still wonder???

                    North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well

                      Originally posted by brooklynboy
                      Yea let's trade one of our better players for the usual top prospects....As much as I want to believe in the new organization, I still wonder???

                      As long as they trade him for starting pitching, I won't complain. I wish they would pull the trigger on the Gathright to Florida for Scott Olson rumors. If Rocco proves to be an everyday player again, there would be no room for Joey. Unless they trade Rocco back to his roots in Boston, hmmm

                      No sense having Upton sit on the bench 5 days a week, when he could be getting ABs in Durham. Same with Young. Once they come up, they'll be here for good. In the meantime, get pitching, so once they ARE here, we'll have the nucleus of a pretty good, young ballclub on the verge of contending with the big boys
                      Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Agreed

                        Originally posted by raysnbran
                        As long as they trade him for starting pitching, I won't complain. I wish they would pull the trigger on the Gathright to Florida for Scott Olson rumors. If Rocco proves to be an everyday player again, there would be no room for Joey. Unless they trade Rocco back to his roots in Boston, hmmm

                        No sense having Upton sit on the bench 5 days a week, when he could be getting ABs in Durham. Same with Young. Once they come up, they'll be here for good. In the meantime, get pitching, so once they ARE here, we'll have the nucleus of a pretty good, young ballclub on the verge of contending with the big boys
                        I agree...They maybe waiting for Rocco to prove he's an everyday player again before pulling the trigger....

                        About the Rocco to Boston thing...Most interesting idea but again I ask
                        the question...For more prospects?? For a starting pitcher???

                        Even the Marlins in their desire to correct for market fluctuations, took what they got and went with it...The waited for the kids to mature...We seem to sell 'em as fast as we get 'em...

                        North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No more prospects

                          When they were trying to trade Lugo to the Braves, they wanted Andy Marte, a major league ready player. They traded Baez for 1 prospect and 1 guy in Jackson who looks like he will make the 25 man. From what I hear, it is harder now to trade Rocco anywhere, much less Boston, because of his new deal. Huff and Lugo are in their last year and will be easier to move as the season goes on and injuries mount on other teams that are in contention.

                          I can certainly give the new regime plenty of time to show what they can do. I gave Lame-arr and Vinnie the Putz 8 years to do something, so I'm used to waiting for improvement. Every team needs SP so we need to develop our own, or move guys for pitchers that can't break in with an established club but are ready now. Like Papelbon of Boston or Brandon McCarthy of the ChiSox.
                          Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well as the old Brooklyn Dodger fans would say.."Wait till Next Year"...
                            North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Starting the year with Huff, Lugo and Gathright, should help the team to get off to a good start. Each of those guys will be playing hard to impress the scouts, they know whats goin on. As other teams have needs, the Rays can trade from strength for a change. Then you bring up Young and Upton and they should be ready. One thing about Upton, if he had been willing to switch positions, he would already be playing in the majors. His insistance on playing shortstop, has held him back and created problems for the Rays. Baldelli has always been in the Rays plans and I can't see him being traded in the near future.
                              Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                              www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X