No announcement yet.

2013 Rays Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, down 0-2. Things look pretty bleak for the Rays. Can they win 3 straight? Yes, but highly doubtful they will. Well, I guess it's time for the "one game at a time" cliché. h
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Need Cobb to come up huge at home.
      All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
        Ya, get over it. It's a joke.
        No?............

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• crappy performance by price. he cannot give up 7 runs in such an important game. he got hit hard a ton, he was probably lucky to allow "only" 7 although he got a little better as the game progressed.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
            crappy performance by price. he cannot give up 7 runs in such an important game. he got hit hard a ton, he was probably lucky to allow "only" 7 although he got a little better as the game progressed.
            He Was garbage there is no sugarcoating that.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
              Damn, down 0-2. Things look pretty bleak for the Rays. Can they win 3 straight? Yes, but highly doubtful they will. Well, I guess it's time for the "one game at a time" cliché. h
              - You know, I could be wrong but, taking that "one game at a time" attitude has successfully worked for another team, (Sorry, I forget what team), in the playoffs. It was sometime around 2003 - 2005. I believe they were down 3 games to none. - :noidea
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Why the heck did Maddon leave Price in so long?
                The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                  - You know, I could be wrong but, taking that "one game at a time" attitude has successfully worked for another team, (Sorry, I forget what team), in the playoffs. It was sometime around 2003 - 2005. I believe they were down 3 games to none. - :noidea
                  Hmm, I never heard anything about it. :noidea
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Oh no.

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                    Hmm, I never heard anything about it. :noidea
                    This sounds like another bad case of the dreaded "New York Amnesia Syndrome".

First diagnosed in 2004 at The Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, is defined as a severe & selective loss of memory due to shock & repression.

First the shock happens. - msn-emoticon-crazy-016.gif Which then causes the repression . confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif - (The poor bas-tard. - :dismay
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 10-06-2013, 12:30 AM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Uh, when did this become another "Bitter Rivals Thread"?
                      The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
                        Uh, when did this become another "Bitter Rivals Thread"?
                        Good one.

I'll leave voluntarily after ALDS. I promise . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• I predict that was Price's last game in a Rays uniform. They will look to get maximum value in an offseason trade. He has yet to win a playoff game in his career.

As for Myers, I believe he is a former catcher converted to playing outfield. Kinda of like the guy whose swing he resembles, Dale Murphy. I would give him more time to lean the position rather than wishing Sam Fuld replaces him in the lineup.
                          Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                            Why the heck did Maddon leave Price in so long?
                            I have no idea and there is no justification for it.....

On a side note Price Lost it last night and went on a Twitter Rant.....

http://nesn.com/2013/10/david-price-...ss-to-red-sox/

Comment

• If Price is to be traded it can only be for a stud catcher. Hopefully the Rays will step up with a solid offer to Loney as he rounds out the infield perfectly. Jennings, Myers, Zobrist, Escobar, DeJesus and Longoria aren't going anywhere. Rodney will head for greener pastures and I assume Luke Scott won't be picked up. That will leave the Rays in a familiar place...dumpster diving for a closer and a DH. It will definitley be a low budget year in 2014 which is fortunate considering there's no reason to expect more fans to show up next season.
                              Last edited by Yaz; 10-07-2013, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Delmon Young might be back at DH if he isn't asking for the moon. If they do trade Price, it will have to be a bigger haul than what they got in the Garza deal, much less the Shields deal. I agree Rodney won't be back so we have to look around again, unless they decide to try someone like McGee as closer. Though I'm sure Friedman already has someone in mind to fill the role. Don't understand why these athletes reply to haters on Twitter, just feeding the beast that way.
                                Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X