What's wrong with big Tex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with big Tex?

Is this the same guy who smacked 44 jacks last yr and 38 the yr before?

Is it bad hitting mechanics, injury, or a different "diet"?

Tex is having an off year, he is still doing alright but not by his standards.
    I am not sure whats wrong. I thought it may have been because of the loss of Rudy. Rudys back but that still may have played a part in it.
    sometimes Tex just don't look comfortable at the plate.
    I am hoping he will get hot in the second half and be unstopable.
    I guess we will see.
    thanks
    " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,
    reach down and prove something." Nolan Ryan.

Comment

I like Mark Teixiera and let me tell you, I think this is his slump year. This is probably going to be his only slump year because you know they are pitching away from him now.

He's been frustrated a lot. I mean, you saw him against San Francisco when he hit that fair ball.
      "First he's going, then he's staying. Why's he staying? Because I'm an idiot. Why don't we make everybody happy, let the hero stay, make the idiot go home" - Sergeant Maxwell Q. Klinger

Comment

I think your right O'sfan. I believe Tex will bounce back and those homers will come. I hope sooner then later. the rangers could use his big bat. It looks like the west will be a close fight until the end.
        I also think every team in the west has room to improve. I guess its just a matter of who improves more. It will be a blast.
        " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,

Comment

Funny, but it's not just Tex whose home-run numbers are down ... the team has hit about 50 homers less this year compared to last season at the All-Star break ... Michael Young hit 24 last year and he's on pace to hit only about 14 or 15 this year.
          I don't know if Rudy Jamarillo got them together and they are making a conscious effort to not live or die by the long ball ... i.e. their record number of doubles this season ... but I can live with it. Their overall team average is up. As usual, I really think the fate of this team is going to be determined by its pitching in the second half, not home runs.

Comment

Yeah hahaha Texeira needs to hit some more jacks, he was my first pick in all my fantasy baseball leagues, and I even had the confidence to pick him over Pujols in one league....yeah I know, but I was very optomistic.

Comment

HondoHR33

I agree our pitching will have to hold up. without the homeruns the rangers are still doing good things, They have a shot at having a great season
              [as you say] depending on the pitching staff. I hope it is not just wishful thinking but I think rangers pitching can really step up in the second half.
              I know we have not seen the best of Millwood and If Eaton can make a strong come back we may see some great things. There are other guys that have done a good job also. now if they can just kick it up a notch or two then who knows.

Go Gomes

If Tex is still on your fantasy teams maybe he will get hot and rack up some points in the second half. I am no expert at all but I believe Tex can shine in the rest of the season. he may have a down year on the long ball [over all] but he may have a lot to offer in the last half. good luck.

Comment

Tex is not in a slump really. I think he is not hitting as much home runs, but he has over 30 doubles, decent average, his glove has been amazing, and caught some tough breaks. He just isnt hitting the long ball. I still wouldnt be suprised to see him hit atleast 30 HRs this season.

The rangers pitching has held up great so far. Padilla has been pitching really effective lately and I think he has proved to the rangers that they are capable of winning the west. It's all about whether we can maintain the A's and Angels. I honestly think the mariners wont hold up.

And when eaton comes back, if he comes back as effective as last year, we have a great chance at not only winning the west, but beating the Yanks, Red Sox, Jays (whoever in the east) in our opening playoff series if we make it.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did make it to the ALCS at all. If the rangers would cash in more with men on base, we would be in 1st by-far.
                Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
                  Yeah hahaha Texeira needs to hit some more jacks, he was my first pick in all my fantasy baseball leagues, and I even had the confidence to pick him over Pujols in one league....yeah I know, but I was very optomistic.
                  I have him on my fantasy team too LOL. I traded Wright for him. (Wright, Craig Wilson, and Armas for Teixeira, Schmidt, and Lowell) I think the overall trade favors me, but the Wright for Tex swap has killed me. I traded for Tex to improve in HRs... turns out Wright has outhomered Tex something like 14 to 5 since the trade.

Comment

Tex from Tex will have a hot second half. I know it. I predict about 18-26 homers and a .320-.350 average.
                    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin Joe Giradio
                      I have him on my fantasy team too LOL. I traded Wright for him. (Wright, Craig Wilson, and Armas for Teixeira, Schmidt, and Lowell) I think the overall trade favors me, but the Wright for Tex swap has killed me. I traded for Tex to improve in HRs... turns out Wright has outhomered Tex something like 14 to 5 since the trade.
                      if it helps.. i got chris shelton as my 1B on my fantasy.. but my backup is justin morneau
                      Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

Originally posted by HondoHR33
                        Funny, but it's not just Tex whose home-run numbers are down ... the team has hit about 50 homers less this year compared to last season at the All-Star break ... Michael Young hit 24 last year and he's on pace to hit only about 14 or 15 this year.
                        I don't know if Rudy Jamarillo got them together and they are making a conscious effort to not live or die by the long ball ... i.e. their record number of doubles this season ... but I can live with it. Their overall team average is up. As usual, I really think the fate of this team is going to be determined by its pitching in the second half, not home runs.
                        I think that's a terrible idea if the hitting coach is really preaching them to hit fewer HRs. Given the ballpark and the hot summers there, you're gonna need to score lots of runs to win. It's like MIN telling David Ortiz to go the opposite way when he was a Twin. Then he goes to BOS where they free his reins and he takes off.

Maybe humidor balls are being used like in Coors? I can't believe the HR leader is Wilkerson with a measly 13.

Comment

I think it's safe to say he's back! 3 jacks and 7 ribbies tonite. That's 4 HRs and 9 RBI's in his last 2.

Booya! My fantasy team's offense needs him to come up big in the 2nd half!

Too bad my middle RP Randy Messenger spoiled an otherwise excellent fantasy bball evening by giving it up to the Stros. (MY league has 16 tms and counts HLDs. In case you wonder why on earth I have Messenger)

Comment

Yeah it looks like Tex is coming around.
                            Three homeruns wow. I am sure that will give Tex a great boast of confidence. If he adds a few more long balls to the way he played the first half then the rest of the season will be great.

Comment

Blah, more of the same lately with Tex. He just hasn't taken off with a red hot 2 or 3 wk stretch. He shows a sign to tease ya and then goes right back down. I just can't fathom how a hitter with his talent can be so underwhelming. Adam Laroche is outhitting him at this pt.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X