Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline

With the trade deadline coming to the end, will Jon Daniels and the team make a move or what? I mean, lets face it, the rangers need another dominate starter, maybe a decent middle reliever, and possibly a speedster that can hit-and-run or lay a bunt down.

What do you guys think? Should the rangers work more for pitching or batting, because honestly, with the lineup looking like this:

Matthews
    DeRosa
    Young
    Teixeira
    Blalock
    Wilkerson/Mench

and we are STILL NOT producing runs, maybe its time to make a change. I think a starter would help, but if eaton, padilla, and millwood win 3 games and the nest two starters lose, i will take a .600 winning percentage.

So tell me what you think. Starting pitching, batting, or bullpen. Which will the rangers try to get, if they try to get anything at ALL.
    Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

I would love to have another good starter to pick up the slack on days when Millwood, Eaton, and Padilla can't come through.
    which on the other hand what good will it do to have a pitcher hold the other team to 1 or 2 runs and lose the game by 1 or 2.
    I think we have some guys that can get hot but will it be to little to late. so I would also like the rangers to look into another good outfielder [ without giving up alot.] I agree a speedster that can make things happen would be nice.

Now the bullpen can never be to good. We could use another strong arm. A guy to hold a lead or keep us in a close game for multiple innings.
    I sure hope things come together. either with the guys we have or by trade.
    It seems some type of move is coming.
    " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,
    reach down and prove something." Nolan Ryan.

Comment

well one thing is for sure: soriano will be traded to the AL West.

there are rumors that the rangers could be working a deal with washington to acquire soriano and livan hernandez for kevin mench, beniot, and another possible player.

I would be satisfied if we acquired soriano again. as a matter of fact, id be astounded. soriano was my favorite ranger and i think he could jumpstart our offense. not to mention what wonders hernandez could do to our rotation.

but dont hold me to it. we all know LAA and Seattle want soriano just as bad.

rangers had a nice offensive production tonight though. nice comeback.
      Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

your right there are some teams in the west that would love to have Soriano. They may give more for him then the rangers.

I would also be very happy to see Soriano a ranger again. he is a fun guy to watch.
        " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,
        reach down and prove something." Nolan Ryan.

Comment

Unfortunately I think Soriano will wind up in Anaheim.

I think we need another starter. Yeah the offense has struggled but I have more confidence in them than our starting pitching. when it gets down to crunch time we don't have a guy who can consistantly go up against the aces in the AL. I am a huge Millwood fan but he is a 6 inning guy this year and we need more than that. I am holding off on how Eaton will do here till I see him in Arlington. I hope he comes back strong and helps the rotation. As much as I hate to see him go, I hope Mench starts hitting a bit so we can use him as trade bait. It should be interesting though. I just hope they pull off a deal that will push them into the playoffs.
          Baseball Journeyman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X