• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tex interested in going to Balt

I say let his sour puss ass go

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...310/-1/COLUMNS
    Baseball Journeyman

This is TOPIC NO. 1 among Orioles fans. Tex has been openly discussing a possible return to Maryland, including in a pre-game TV interview during the O's recent series in Texas. He joked that his family wants him back home so they can see the grandkids.

From an Orioles perspective, Peter Angelos may see landing Teixeira as a way to improve his legacy. The Orioles lack a franchise player. After 20 years of Brooks and 20 years of Ripken, Baltimore wants a centerpiece player and Teixera seems like a good candidate.

Comment

Get rid of him. I'm tired of him. His bat is overrated and he is too inconsistant. He has a pissy attitude when it comes to trying to win ballgames and the only strong point is his defense.

I honestly wouldnt mind getting him out of here.
      Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

I think when Tex becomes a free agent he is gone anyways so why not get something for him now. I agree Tex has a bad attitude sometimes.

What do you think the rangers will ask from the O's or what will the O's be willing to give up for Tex?
        I read somewhere that a deal was brought up Tex and a player to be named to the O's for Nick Markakis and Daniel Cabrera.
        I don't see this happening. That would be giving up alot for a guy that you have a good chance to sign when he's a freeagent.

Thanks.
        " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,
        reach down and prove something." Nolan Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by MY.RANGERS View Post
          I think when Tex becomes a free agent he is gone anyways so why not get something for him now. I agree Tex has a bad attitude sometimes.

What do you think the rangers will ask from the O's or what will the O's be willing to give up for Tex?
          I read somewhere that a deal was brought up Tex and a player to be named to the O's for Nick Markakis and Daniel Cabrera.
          I don't see this happening. That would be giving up alot for a guy that you have a good chance to sign when he's a freeagent.

Thanks.
          Cabrera is a possibility, or any of our other young arms (Erbe, Olson, Hoey, Ray, maybe even Loewen). I don't think there is any chance Markakis is dealt. I also don't think the Orioles would make a trade without a signed extension.....which I don't think Boros would allow.

Comment

Texiera will not get traded. He will become a free agent and he will more than likely sign with the Yankees. The only way I see Texiera goon this year is a July 31 trade which will more than likely screw over Texas. Honestly I would take draft picks over any trade requests.
            DON'T TRADE THE MELK MAN!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GotMelk? View Post
              Texiera will not get traded. He will become a free agent and he will more than likely sign with the Yankees. The only way I see Texiera goon this year is a July 31 trade which will more than likely screw over Texas. Honestly I would take draft picks over any trade requests.
              that's because we have the worst GM in baseball - Tex should have been traded last year
              Baseball Journeyman

Comment

Originally posted by MY.RANGERS View Post

Thanks.
                with JD we should be happy if we get chad bradford and kris benson
                Baseball Journeyman

Comment

I honestly don't see him getting traded either. O's figure they have a good chance to sign him in the offseason, and if we don't trade him to the Yankees during the season, I don't think the Yankees are going to really push hard for him come offseason.

I think all the trade talk about Tex and the Yankees is cause G.S. just wants to solve the Yankees problems with money.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
                    I honestly don't see him getting traded either. O's figure they have a good chance to sign him in the offseason, and if we don't trade him to the Yankees during the season, I don't think the Yankees are going to really push hard for him come offseason.

I think all the trade talk about Tex and the Yankees is cause G.S. just wants to solve the Yankees problems with money.
                    Eh... What's new?

Comment

They will probably wait and let him walk like they did Pudge, and get nothing in return. That was Hart. The constant in the decline from the late 90's is Hicks. He is clueless!

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                        They will probably wait and let him walk like they did Pudge, and get nothing in return. That was Hart. The constant in the decline from the late 90's is Hicks. He is clueless!
                        Bingo. We have a winner.

and JD is a Hart boy
                        Baseball Journeyman

Comment

With these guy running the rangers you never know what moves they will make next.its scary.
                          " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,
                          reach down and prove something." Nolan Ryan.

Comment

exactly. im sure Daniels and company will pull something out their asses and make yet another move to put the team in a more rapid decline.

Comment

Well, Tex is probably going to be traded by the time the trading deadline is around. A lot of contending teams want him. I'd guess that people are being preapred to be fleeced for him too, from what has been reported.

For instance, the Braves are probably going to be royally screwed over if this reported deal goes through.

ATL gets:
                              1B Mark Teixeira

TEX gets:
                              C/1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia
                              SS Elvis Andrus
                              P Jo-Jo Reyes

Word is that Saltalamacchia is the agreed part and that the other two people can't be agreed upon. Would you guys like this trade?
                              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X