Tex interested in going to Balt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Well, Tex is probably going to be traded by the time the trading deadline is around. A lot of contending teams want him. I'd guess that people are being preapred to be fleeced for him too, from what has been reported.

For instance, the Braves are probably going to be royally screwed over if this reported deal goes through.

ATL gets:
    1B Mark Teixeira

TEX gets:
    C/1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    SS Elvis Andrus
    P Jo-Jo Reyes

Word is that Saltalamacchia is the agreed part and that the other two people can't be agreed upon. Would you guys like this trade?
    If JD could pull that off I would be shocked.
    Baseball Journeyman

Comment

Don't know anything about Reyes and Andrus. I wonder why we need a SS prospect, with Young and spider Arias....hmmmm.
      I would say if that's the best they can do, then pull the trigger!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJourneyman View Post
        If JD could pull that off I would be shocked.
        With tonight's loss and need of an offensive jumpstart, I wouldn't be surprised to see even JS crack.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          Don't know anything about Reyes and Andrus. I wonder why we need a SS prospect, with Young and spider Arias....hmmmm.
          I would say if that's the best they can do, then pull the trigger!
          The SS is almost 19 I think so he is long term - maybe one day they can move Young back to 2B. Reyes has potential. Good stuff and a hard throwing lefty getting some starts at the major league level now so all in all some good prospects.
          Baseball Journeyman

Comment

Originally posted by TheJourneyman View Post
            The SS is almost 19 I think so he is long term - maybe one day they can move Young back to 2B. Reyes has potential. Good stuff and a hard throwing lefty getting some starts at the major league level now so all in all some good prospects.
            I just wish Schuerholz would do it already. It's painful watching the combo of Franco/Thorman. I can excuse Franco, because I like him, and he plays like a 49-year old should. What I can't excuse is Thorman playing the same way.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X