X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheJourneyman View Post
    The SS is almost 19 I think so he is long term - maybe one day they can move Young back to 2B. Reyes has potential. Good stuff and a hard throwing lefty getting some starts at the major league level now so all in all some good prospects.
    I just wish Schuerholz would do it already. It's painful watching the combo of Franco/Thorman. I can excuse Franco, because I like him, and he plays like a 49-year old should. What I can't excuse is Thorman playing the same way.

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    Don't know anything about Reyes and Andrus. I wonder why we need a SS prospect, with Young and spider Arias....hmmmm.
    I would say if that's the best they can do, then pull the trigger!
    The SS is almost 19 I think so he is long term - maybe one day they can move Young back to 2B. Reyes has potential. Good stuff and a hard throwing lefty getting some starts at the major league level now so all in all some good prospects.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheJourneyman View Post
    If JD could pull that off I would be shocked.
    With tonight's loss and need of an offensive jumpstart, I wouldn't be surprised to see even JS crack.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Don't know anything about Reyes and Andrus. I wonder why we need a SS prospect, with Young and spider Arias....hmmmm.
    I would say if that's the best they can do, then pull the trigger!

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Well, Tex is probably going to be traded by the time the trading deadline is around. A lot of contending teams want him. I'd guess that people are being preapred to be fleeced for him too, from what has been reported.

For instance, the Braves are probably going to be royally screwed over if this reported deal goes through.

ATL gets:
    1B Mark Teixeira

TEX gets:
    C/1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    SS Elvis Andrus
    P Jo-Jo Reyes

Word is that Saltalamacchia is the agreed part and that the other two people can't be agreed upon. Would you guys like this trade?
    If JD could pull that off I would be shocked.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Well, Tex is probably going to be traded by the time the trading deadline is around. A lot of contending teams want him. I'd guess that people are being preapred to be fleeced for him too, from what has been reported.

For instance, the Braves are probably going to be royally screwed over if this reported deal goes through.

ATL gets:
    1B Mark Teixeira

TEX gets:
    C/1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    SS Elvis Andrus
    P Jo-Jo Reyes

Word is that Saltalamacchia is the agreed part and that the other two people can't be agreed upon. Would you guys like this trade?

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    exactly. im sure Daniels and company will pull something out their asses and make yet another move to put the team in a more rapid decline.

Leave a comment:

• MY.RANGERS
    replied
    With these guy running the rangers you never know what moves they will make next.its scary.

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    They will probably wait and let him walk like they did Pudge, and get nothing in return. That was Hart. The constant in the decline from the late 90's is Hicks. He is clueless!
    Bingo. We have a winner.

and JD is a Hart boy

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    They will probably wait and let him walk like they did Pudge, and get nothing in return. That was Hart. The constant in the decline from the late 90's is Hicks. He is clueless!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
    I honestly don't see him getting traded either. O's figure they have a good chance to sign him in the offseason, and if we don't trade him to the Yankees during the season, I don't think the Yankees are going to really push hard for him come offseason.

I think all the trade talk about Tex and the Yankees is cause G.S. just wants to solve the Yankees problems with money.
    Eh... What's new?

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    I honestly don't see him getting traded either. O's figure they have a good chance to sign him in the offseason, and if we don't trade him to the Yankees during the season, I don't think the Yankees are going to really push hard for him come offseason.

I think all the trade talk about Tex and the Yankees is cause G.S. just wants to solve the Yankees problems with money.

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Originally posted by MY.RANGERS View Post
    I think when Tex becomes a free agent he is gone anyways so why not get something for him now. I agree Tex has a bad attitude sometimes.

What do you think the rangers will ask from the O's or what will the O's be willing to give up for Tex?
    I read somewhere that a deal was brought up Tex and a player to be named to the O's for Nick Markakis and Daniel Cabrera.
    I don't see this happening. That would be giving up alot for a guy that you have a good chance to sign when he's a freeagent.

Thanks.
    with JD we should be happy if we get chad bradford and kris benson

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Originally posted by GotMelk? View Post
    Texiera will not get traded. He will become a free agent and he will more than likely sign with the Yankees. The only way I see Texiera goon this year is a July 31 trade which will more than likely screw over Texas. Honestly I would take draft picks over any trade requests.
    that's because we have the worst GM in baseball - Tex should have been traded last year

Leave a comment:

• GotMelk?
    replied
    Texiera will not get traded. He will become a free agent and he will more than likely sign with the Yankees. The only way I see Texiera goon this year is a July 31 trade which will more than likely screw over Texas. Honestly I would take draft picks over any trade requests.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X