No announcement yet.

If you have ever been to the ballpark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have ever been to the ballpark.

What is your best memory's at the ballpark.
    " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,
    reach down and prove something." Nolan Ryan.

Well I have only been going for a few years and every since i started going, I think I have had a couple fond memories.

1. I went to the game when Rafael Palmeiro hit number 500. I think that was amazing until later I found out he had used enhancements or was "accused of" anyways.

2. Gerald Laird hit a home run to take the lead against the Yankees back in 2002 (maybe 2003?). I don't know why but the atmosphere at the crowd was just all exciting and it was a good ballgame.

3. The Rusty Greer pre-game ceremony was also a pretty good game to attend. I thought they really showed off how Rusty gave back to the community and helped the Rangers become a better ball club.

4. Basically any game in the 2004 season when we finish 80-82. (Just for the fact that that is probably the closest we will get to .500 in a few years to come )
    Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

Those sound great. I was at the game in 04 when Tex hit for the cycle. that was a lot of fun.

a few that really sticks out for me [more personal.] was my kid's first games.
      I have 3 kids and everyone of them have been to a ranger game before the age of 1. it's great to see their reactions. now there is nothing else they would rather do then go to a rangers game.

while the ballpark was being built I got to ride with my brother. he's a truck driver and he hauled a lot of dirt into the ballpark. he would dump in centerfield. that was cool.
      " One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to,

Comment

1. Seeing them beat the Yankees in my first game at the new stadium back in 98
        2. Kapler's hitting streak back in 2000
        3. The best memories are of the old stadium for me - seeing some of the old greats like Nolan.
        Baseball Journeyman

Comment

I was only able to go to the old ballpark 2 or 3 times towards the end. never got to see Nolan pitch there.[I wish I could have.] I got to see him pitch against the dodgers when he was an astro out in L.A.

Comment

Opening Day 2006. My fiance and I skipped work. Red Sox won. Papi hit a moonshit. Had great seats. Nice Ranger fan couple beside me provided for good conversation. It was a beautiful day.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X