Thank You Braves!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Braves!

Once again, I have to thank the Atlanta Braves for the Tex trade. Not only is Andrus proving he can be an everyday infielder, Harrison is pitching lights out, Feliz will be here in Sept., but Salty is finally hitting the ball. The best part of this is that they all are YOUNG players.

I just wanted to say Thank-You to the Braves for making it fun to watch the Rangers again!
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Originally posted by bailiff View Post
    Once again, I have to thank the Atlanta Braves for the Tex trade. Not only is Andrus proving he can be an everyday infielder, Harrison is pitching lights out, Feliz will be here in Sept., but Salty is finally hitting the ball. The best part of this is that they all are YOUNG players.

I just wanted to say Thank-You to the Braves for making it fun to watch the Rangers again!
    Being a Braves fan, I would have liked to have seen Harrison play for Atlanta. Really, Escobar fills in for Andrus, and Salty would have had to move to 1B if he remained with the team.

That is easily the best trade Jon Daniels has made during his tenure in Texas.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Yes, you are right. I think one of the most important aspects about this trade is not about a certain player, but the fact that they are all young. As a Rangers fan, we needed to have younger players up here (contributing) in a bad way.

Comment

A little off topic, but how is Andruw Jones doing in Texas? In 54 ABs he's hitting over .300. Have the Rangers been using him as DH or in OF?
        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

For what the Rangers are paying him, he is performing very well. He has played all the OF position's and DH'd. I also think he was a fill in at first earlier this season. As a role player, I couldn't ask for more from him.

Comment

While you're at it, thank the Mets, too. Darren O'Day looks like he'll be a very solid reliever, which is something the Rangers could use. I watched him last night, and I was very impressed. He reminded me of Mike Smithson, except he got hitters out.
            "You have probably heard that I use my scorecard to convey information. Since our opponents know this, they keep a close watch on every movement I make with my scorecard, but this is fortified with many other devices."

-Connie Mack

Comment

The key to the Tex to the Braves trade is Feliz, if he develops into an ace or a #2 what a great trade this will be, I hear his changeup is coming along nicely, I really want him to spend all year in AAA but we might not have that luxury, odds are Padilla, McCarthy, or Millwood will go on the DL at some point

Harrison is going to become a solid #3/innings eater type I think, Andrus will be a guy who makes a few all star games & wins a few gold gloves at SS, and Salty is becoming a solid catcher (something that has not been talked about is how much better he is this year at calling a game, he also saved the game Wednesday night against Seattle with some huge blocks)...Beau Jones is another guy they got in that trade, I think he can become a solid set up guy to Frankie

Feliz has the potential to be the real deal though and if he does this could go down as one of the better trades in recent MLB history, Im not drinking the kool aid too much yet but I'm sipping it for sure, the last few weeks have been fun

Comment

You guys should also be thanking the Mariners for giving you 2 wins in a row!!

Comment

I can see that you gave us the game Thursday but I dont know about Wesnesday, the Rangers blew a lot of chances to win the game and CJ Wilson did his best to blow the game, Salty made some key stops in the game on Wednesday, also Im not sold on Morrow being this lights out closer everyone thinks he is

Bottom line is the Rangers are way better than the M's right now, I think the M's will get back in the hunt though

Comment

Originally posted by bailiff View Post

I also would like to thank the Braves organization as well. In guys like Matt Harrison, Neftali Feliz, Elvis Andrus, and Jarrod Saltalamchia they would have continued kicking my beloved Mets butts all over the NL East for years. However the Braves really needed Teixeira that bad, that they traded him a short time later. As they say on the Guiness commercials "Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                    sigpic
                    LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RangerFanInNE View Post
                      I can see that you gave us the game Thursday but I dont know about Wesnesday, the Rangers blew a lot of chances to win the game and CJ Wilson did his best to blow the game, Salty made some key stops in the game on Wednesday, also Im not sold on Morrow being this lights out closer everyone thinks he is

Bottom line is the Rangers are way better than the M's right now, I think the M's will get back in the hunt though
                      The stark reality is that the Rangers may be the 3rd best team in the AL right behing Boston, and the Yankees.
                      sigpic
                      LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                        You guys should also be thanking the Mariners for giving you 2 wins in a row!!
                        And the Mariners should be thanking the Angels for tanking down the stretch in 1995, thusly enabling the Mariners to get in to the playoffs.
                        sigpic
                        LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X