2013 Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Rangers Season Thread

Hello Rangers fans! Another season is upon us! Finally! Discus anything and everything to do with the Texas Rangers here! #HelloWinColumn!

What would you do with Julio Borbon? Trade him? Put him on Waivers? Keep him?

How long until Jurickson Profar comes up for good?
    Texas Rangers: Estabalished 1972 (Arlington, Texas)

Games played at The Ballpark In Arlington (est. 1994)

World Series Titles: 0 (Damn you David Freese, DAMN YOU!)

American League Pennants: 2 (2010, 2011)

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

American League Wild Card Berths: 1 (2012) (grumble)

It will always be The Ballpark In Arlington to me

Welcome aboard Puma and AJ! Lets win this division again! Don't take any guff from that team in SoCal (with the 2 former mates soaking up the rays and huge bags of their cash), and lets wrap this up early and cruise to the postseason! GO RANGERS!!!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

""Sources"" are reporting that the Rangers and Elvis Andrus are "Close" to an 8yr-$120M contract extension. ""Sources"" like Ken Rosenthal.... So, stay tuned!

This is interesting.... Andrus is a Boras client...... and Andrus would have been a FA this next offseason...

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
        Welcome aboard Puma and AJ! Lets win this division again! Don't take any guff from that team in SoCal (with the 2 former mates soaking up the rays and huge bags of their cash), and lets wrap this up early and cruise to the postseason! GO RANGERS!!!
        How many different teams do you root for?
        The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
          How many different teams do you root for?
          Born and raised a Cardinals fan, all the way to the core. My dad's family is from the Boston area, so I have spent a few decades keeping an eye on them, but not so much anymore. I have always liked the A's and O's in the AL as well, based off their histories. Don't really root for them much, but I do like to see them win. I lived in Minneapolis for about 5 years, within walking distance to that giant inflated toilet, the Metrodome. I adopted the Twins during that time, but don't watch them much anymore either, though my wife is a true blooded Minnesooootan...

I have lived in Central Texas for the past 7 years, and have adopted the Rangers, never believing they would face my Redbirds in the World Series, that is a different story altogether... I adopted the Astros once learning that they were being Shanghaied into the AL, and when my brother was dying of cancer, we would go to Minute Maid Park and watch that AA team get pummeled. So they have a close place in my heart.

I play for the Dodgers in Austin, in the adult baseball league there. They have always been my #2 NL team, and I changed the avatar to the Dodgers after a very unfortunate disagreement with another person on the site.

Quick answer: The Cardinals. Long answer: see above!

Comment

Keep rollin' Rangers! Another SHO win in Houston! Puma's hitting just like I wanted to see! Keep going, big guy, gotta beef up that Hall candidacy!

Comment

Sounds like it was one hell of a game last night. Unfortunately, my wife wanted to get rid of cable so I can't catch Rangers home games on mlb tv! Ridiculous! Really missed a good one here. Good job Gentry, Kinsler, Beltre, Holland, Scheppers, and Nathan. Top 5 of the Angels lineup went a combined 1-18! Hambone 0-4 with 2 Ks! Welcome back to the NON-baseball town, Josh!

Comment

Rangers placed LHP Matt Harrison on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 7, with a lower back strain.
                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

I'm starting to think that the Rangers' arch-enemy is not the Angels, A's, or Yankees; it's the 27th out of the game (see 2011 World Series Game 6, the Yu Darvish almost-perfect game, the game last night at Wrigley Field)...
                  Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

I'm right there with you, Danielh41. Just something about that last out.....

Really good thing that Craig Gentry was in Center! I don't think Josh Hamilton would have made that catch..... or been bothered to make that catch!

Comment

What's up with the Rainmegeddon in Chicago today? The floods of Noah! but, not a drop here in East Texas! Maybe tomorrow!

Comment

OK, I don't have cable this year and haven't seen the Rangers play yet, but they are on top of the West (just like I knew they would be) and are playing some damn fine baseball! Where are the Rangers' fans?! We still have a damn solid team, despite losses and injuries, and now Jurickson Profar is up and playing (certainly contributing) and that is exciting too!

The Rangers are currently 35-22, and have allowed only 219 runs (scored 262) and that is BETTER than 11 of the 15 NL teams! Lets GO RANGERS!!!

Comment

Boy, it's getting quiet in here. I admit, I don't come around much either, being that I am blacked out from watching the Rangers play, and don't keep up with the headlines after getting rid of cable and ESPN's Sportscenter (good riddance...). Anyway, I have seen our boys down at Round Rock a couple times, and am going again today to see 'em play Memphis. Good stuff.

Hey, if anyone cares, Nellie Cruz hit two HRs and helped the Rangers beat the division rivals and leading A's 8-7! Only a couple back of the A's now. So that is good news. HELLO! Is there anybody out there? Now I sound like Roger Waters of Pink Floyd! Good stuff too...

Comment

The Rangers are trying to turn Jurickson Profar into a "functional LF" in order to get him more playing time.
                            http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...into-a-corner/
                            Ian Kinsler's defensive ceiling has peaked.
                            He should play first next year.
                            Or preferably LF.
                            Rather have Moreland out there than Murphy.
                            Or move Moreland to LF [he has played 44 G in RF].
                            "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Nellie Cruz now has 20 HR and 57 RBI. He could end up with 40-45 HR and 120-125 RBI this year if he stays hot and healthy. Adrian Beltre drove in his 41 run of the year last night, too. Damn fine team, if only the starters could start racking up more innings and Ws to take some of the load off the excellent 'pen, we don't need to burn those guys out before the playoffs this year! Joe Nathan has 26 SV already, and could be heading for 50-55 for the season! Keep it rollin' Rangers! Stay healthy guys! Lets get back to the Series!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X