No announcement yet.

2013 Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers are looking better, our biggest problem is giving up the long ball. I agree about the starters needing to get to some later innings, if you use up the bullpen it will kill us.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
      Nellie Cruz now has 20 HR and 57 RBI. He could end up with 40-45 HR and 120-125 RBI this year if he stays hot and healthy.
      Steamer and ZiPS have him finishing with 32 and 35 home runs and 104 and 94 RBI. Despite the good offensive numbers Cruz only has 1 WAR and will likely finish with around 2 WAR on the season.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...34&position=OF

Comment

Originally posted by filihok View Post
        Steamer and ZiPS have him finishing with 32 and 35 home runs and 104 and 94 RBI. Despite the good offensive numbers Cruz only has 1 WAR and will likely finish with around 2 WAR on the season.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...34&position=OF
        Sounds about right, still though, I'd like to see a big breakout year from Cruz. I'd also like to see Lance Berkman get going with some more power. I really expected more pop from him here at the Ball Park. There is still plenty of season left, so hopefully he gets it going to.
        "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

I think it's more important to the team that Cruz stays healthy. I'm not confident an any of their OF options should he go down for a decent period. Last year was his first and only season of more than 130 games, and considering he'll be 33 years old next week...
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
            I think it's more important to the team that Cruz stays healthy. I'm not confident an any of their OF options should he go down for a decent period. Last year was his first and only season of more than 130 games, and considering he'll be 33 years old next week...
            They could finally bring up Joey Butler, a damn fine fielder and hitter with some pop down here in AAA Round Rock. Bats in the heart of the order down here, and has for a couple years, and was an All Star in the PCL last season. Not on the 40 man roster though, but the Rangers have had a ton of OFers recently.

Comment

Martin Perez pitched a beauty last night vs the Reds. Shut them down in 6+. Good to see him doing well. He got knocked around a bit before, but he has been awesome down here in Round Rock. Now if we can find a way to get Joey Butler up there in a corner OF spot...

Comment

Damn. Lance is on the DL and Manny is in AAA. Please say this isn't happening...

Comment

Just saw on ESPN in the fantasy baseball section that Nellie Cruz accepted a 50 game suspension, ending his season. He is leading the Rangers in HR (27) and RBI (76) while hitting .269/.330/.511. They think Gentry will get more time in RF now in the last 50 games of the season.

Comment

Ian "Captain Uppercut" "E4" "La-La Land" Kinsler must go! Jeff Baker who has quit, has got to go! Robbie Ross must go! Dave Magadan must go! If he is not fired, then I will get a group together with pitchforks n lighted torches n Billy clubs and make him leave town! Alexis Rios don't bother sticking around either! Matt Garza = Ryan Dempster = Dennis "Oil Can " Boyd!

I just can't believe that The Rangers are collapsing for the 2nd straight September....

It may be time for a new voice in the Dugout....
                    Texas Rangers: Estabalished 1972 (Arlington, Texas)

Games played at The Ballpark In Arlington (est. 1994)

World Series Titles: 0 (Damn you David Freese, DAMN YOU!)

American League Pennants: 2 (2010, 2011)

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

American League Wild Card Berths: 1 (2012) (grumble)

It will always be The Ballpark In Arlington to me

Comment

So is getting swept by Pittsburgh your way of getting back at the Cardinals for 2011? .

But seriously? Not one game at home?
                      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
                        Just saw on ESPN in the fantasy baseball section that Nellie Cruz accepted a 50 game suspension, ending his season. He is leading the Rangers in HR (27) and RBI (76) while hitting .269/.330/.511. They think Gentry will get more time in RF now in the last 50 games of the season.
                        The A's didn't hit much as long as Ron Washington was their batting coach. I really don't know how much influence managers and coaches have over team performance.

Bad luck or a manager's failure to do trouble shooting could be factors when a team slides.

Comment

Ron Washington was even asking reporters if they could tell him how to win a game.
                          http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...l-were-in.html
                          QUOTE:
                          Washington said it should feel like a playoff atmosphere with 15 games left, but said: "Right now, we're trying to win a ballgame. I’m not thinking about no playoffs, I’m not thinking about any [playoff race], I just want to win a ballgame. Can you help me?

Comment

Nobody's excited about the Rangers playing in the tiebreaker?
                            "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                              Nobody's excited about the Rangers playing in the tiebreaker?
                              No, not at all. They failed once again to capture the AL West flag, and that is what matters to most of the Ranger fans I know. Anything else is a failure.

Anna - First off, I am real excited to see the A's win again! Congratulations on the second AL West pennant, and great job by the team last night in beating the Tigers! I really want to see the A's get that elusive 10th World Series title!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X