Phil Nevin Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Nevin Trade

What do you Rangers fans think about the Phil Nevin for Jerry Hairston Jr.Trade?

Good for Rangers, because they need a 2B and good for cubs, because they need some veteran power.
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Looks like it could be a good trade. Hairston will give us some versatility that we didn't have with Nevin, who mainly played DH for the Rangers.
      Go Rangers! :gt

Comment

How's Hairston going to fit in your lineup? Will he start at second? I'm curious because he's been sitting on the bench for a long time with the Cubs. Will this force Kinsler back to the minors?
        A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

I don't think they'll send Kinsler down any time soon. He'll probably be on the bench a lot here as well, getting starts to give others in the IF and OF an occasional day off, and being used as a pinch runner as we really don't have anyone else since Adrian Brown was sent down.

Looks like he mainly played second base and the corner outfield spots with the Cubs this year. He'll probably play more positions now since the Rangers really wouldn't need him to play any one position on a regular basis, barring an injury.
          Go Rangers! :gt

Comment

Originally posted by HankAaron86
            Good for Rangers, because they need a 2B
            ???

Rangers have Jimenez, Kinsler and DeRosa at 2B and Young can also play 2B. I think Hairston was acquired to be a backup OF with Wilkerson becoming a 1B if Teixiera ever gets injured.
            The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
            Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I think Hairston will be starting in the field. I guess this means Botts will become the everyday DH?

Nice deal I hate Nevin. GO RANGERS!
              Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

Originally posted by Roy31
                I guess this means Botts will become the everyday DH?
                Since Botts is a switch-hitter, there shouldn't be any problem having him start everyday.
                The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
                  What do you Rangers fans think about the Phil Nevin for Jerry Hairston Jr.Trade?
                  Where did you hear this?
                  Cristobal

Comment

Check out www.TexasRangers.com

its right there
                    Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

It's official now

The Cubs are 11 games under .500, 12.5 out of first, but they're not giving up. Jim Hendry just swapped Jerry Hairston for Phil Nevin, a clear win now type move for a team with little chance of winning now. Cubs fans shouldn't mind the deal, given that the Rangers should take on most of Nevin's salary. Would've been nice if Hendry could've pulled this off a month ago though.

Dumb trade for the Rangers.
                      Cristobal

Comment

Nevin was strictly a playing time dump. Botts gets the at-bats and Nevin will get a chance to play somewhere else.

Comment

I hope Hairston does better for you guys. He had no clue when he came up to the plate in Chicago, he always played good D though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
                            I hope Hairston does better for you guys. He had no clue when he came up to the plate in Chicago, he always played good D though.
                            so you trade a was-been for a never will-be?
                            Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                              so you trade a was-been for a never will-be?
                              My word Wilkerson, u dont pull ur punches!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X