Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HondoHR33
    replied
    We just gotta start getting some consistently better starting pitching and win some games and take care of business. If we don't, doesn't matter how hot the A's are. I think the next 10 days before the All-Star break are going to be key for this team. We could either be even or 1 or 2 games out, or 6 or 7 out, in which case we'd be in trouble because as we all know, there's no wild card to be had out of the AL West this season.

Originally posted by Texas Rangers
    sad part is.. once the A's are hot.. THEY'RE HOT!

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by HondoHR33
    As for the A's, yeah, they're playing lights out right now, but they always cool off eventually. Just stay close, and that will be tough considering the shaky starting pitching of late, and the A's can be had.
    sad part is.. once the A's are hot.. THEY'RE HOT!

Leave a comment:

• HondoHR33
    replied
    Rangers All-Stars

I think three deserve it -- Matthews, Blalock and Young. Young is one of the most underrated players in baseball. Matthews, in my opinion, is playing the best all-around baseball of any CF in the majors. The guy has been lights out both offensively and defensively. I think Hank has an excellent shot to make the team. ARod of course will win the fan balloting, but I think Hank has a great shot to win out over Chavez in the players balloting, and thus that would put him on the team. Most of the players pay attention to this stuff, and Hank is having a better year so far than Chavez.

As for the A's, yeah, they're playing lights out right now, but they always cool off eventually. Just stay close, and that will be tough considering the shaky starting pitching of late, and the A's can be had.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    Huh?

As far as all-stars go for the Rangers, Matthews, Blalock, and Kinsler have been lighting it up. But, Kinsler hasnt played enough ball this season, Matthews is underrated, and Blalock is shadowed behind the "better" third basemen aka A-Rod and Chavez. The pitching has deffinately stepped up though. Mahay and Otsuka look great in the bullpen, and Rheinecker and Millwood are starting to step up.

But if I was jon daniels or Buck, I wouldnt worry about allstar in any way, shape, or form. Go for the A's :grouchy who, in my opinion, are unstoppable right now.

Leave a comment:

• MY.RANGERS
    replied
    I know thats right. this time of the year it seems when we lose they win. and when we win they win. I hope the rangers can get as far ahead of the Angels as they can.I fill they may try to make a run late.
    but as for the A's. :grouchy . give us a break.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• linkmaster
    replied
    Every year the A's put a run like this together at this time in June. Unbelievable...

Leave a comment:

• MY.RANGERS
    replied
    I am very impressed by the year Gary Matthews has had. It is also great to see Hank step it back up. last year was an off year for Hank. and by no means would I call last year bad.

And how about Mark DeRosa. he most likely will not make the all stars. but wow.

Leave a comment:

• PopTop
    replied
    The Rangers need to worry more about Oakland right now than the silly fan voting for the All-Star Game.

Akinori Otsuka might be the best bet to make the AL squad. A real shame given the quality infield Texas has, though Teixeira has been a disappointment to me so far.

Leave a comment:

• Roy31
    replied
    What year Matthews is having hey, Breakout season and hes 32 or 33 hehe. Maybe Matthews will make it as a reserve.

Leave a comment:

• KCFAN11
    replied
    Originally posted by the_moff
    The Rangers have 2 all-stars, Gary Matthews, and Hank Blalock but niether will make it, thoughts?

Of course all of the yankees and Red Sox have it booked already. The all star game is rigged im not even going to make it this year.

Leave a comment:

• the_moff
    started a topic All-Stars

All-Stars

The Rangers have 2 all-stars, Gary Matthews, and Hank Blalock but niether will make it, thoughts?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X