Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HondoHR33
    replied
    You're right ... on paper, with all five pitching at their best, it's a fine starting five, but other than Millwood they all have negatives:

Eaton -- who knows how effective he'll be when he first comes back
    Padilla -- not exactly Mr. Consistent. He'll pitch lights-out one night and then give up five runs in six innings in his next outing.
    Loe -- The biggest disappointment in the rotation, in my opinion. I thought he could win 12-15 games with an ERA of 4.00 - 4.50 ... but he's been pounded recently and when he comes back, there's talk of putting him in the bullpen. He needs another pitch to go with that sinker.
    Koronka -- Like most finesse pitches, he's good when his control is on and very hittable when it's not. He scares me.

All that said, I'll be one happy camper if we can ever get Danks, Diamond, Volquez and Hurley to the big club and two at most make it. But that's at least a year off. Who knows, maybe Rupe can help too when he comes back. I'm beginning to think Robinson Tejada is another Juan Dominguez.

Originally posted by Texas Rangers
    The Rangers might not need a starting pitcher this year from a transaction. Their starting rotation is not bad at all. Once Eaton gets healthy, it will look like this:

1.Millwood
    2.Eaton
    3.Padilla
    4.Loe
    5.Koronka

I'd like to see the rangers get a nice DH or some help in the bullpen. But, none-the-less, if we had a shot at zito, dontrelle, or Hardin, I would kill to have them.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    The Rangers might not need a starting pitcher this year from a transaction. Their starting rotation is not bad at all. Once Eaton gets healthy, it will look like this:

1.Millwood
    2.Eaton
    3.Padilla
    4.Loe
    5.Koronka

I'd like to see the rangers get a nice DH or some help in the bullpen. But, none-the-less, if we had a shot at zito, dontrelle, or Hardin, I would kill to have them.

Leave a comment:

• HondoHR33
    replied
    Possible trade

I would love to see the Rangers package Mench and one or two prospects for a GOOD pitcher!! But if they include prospects, they'd better get a proven guy who is good, young and not going to walk via free agency next year. Someone like a Dontrelle Willis, though I doubt he's available.

I am souring on Mench. I thought he was going to have a breakout season this year, but it's the same old Mench ... hot and then long periods of nothing and then hot again. I like Kevin, but he's just too streaky.

Originally posted by MY.RANGERS
    The all star break is just around the corner. I fill a trade coming on. it seems the rangers have 4 starting outfielders. Mench, Matthews, Wilkerson, and DeRosa.
    Do you think one of these guys could be in the mix. or someone ealse.
    I have heard rumors [before] about a Mench trade. what do you think will happen. or what would you like to see happen.

Going by this year I would hate to see Matthews or DeRosa go.
    as for Mench and Wilkerson they have been cold at times but I think there is a good chance they can pick it up in the second half.
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MY.RANGERS
    started a topic Its getting close to that time.

Its getting close to that time.

The all star break is just around the corner. I fill a trade coming on. it seems the rangers have 4 starting outfielders. Mench, Matthews, Wilkerson, and DeRosa.
    Do you think one of these guys could be in the mix. or someone ealse.
    I have heard rumors [before] about a Mench trade. what do you think will happen. or what would you like to see happen.

Going by this year I would hate to see Matthews or DeRosa go.
    as for Mench and Wilkerson they have been cold at times but I think there is a good chance they can pick it up in the second half.
    thanks.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X