Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do the Jays trade or lose McGowan somehow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the Jays trade or lose McGowan somehow?

When do you think the Jays will finally come to their senses and trade or find some way to release the useless Dustin McGowan?
    this month
    20.00%
    before the end of the year
    20.00%
    next year
    10.00%
    2 years from now
    0.00%
    3 years from now
    0.00%
    they really drag it out, more then 3 years from now
    50.00%

Never. Apparantly they are calling him up to be the 5th starter so it doesn't seem he is useless at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1
      Never. Apparantly they are calling him up to be the 5th starter so it doesn't seem he is useless at all.
      They arent calling him up, I dont know where you heard that bogus information, but it is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by flying27
        They arent calling him up, I dont know where you heard that bogus information, but it is not true.
        Well it was in an article on bluejays.com and it was said during the broadcast of a game. Who else will be the 5th starter?

Comment

It is a phony rumour. McGowan has not and wont be called up this week, anybody saying it is spreading a dirty lie, you will see when he isnt called up this week, it was a bogus and dirty rumour with no merit to it.

Comment

Your poll would indicate that everyone is in agreement that McGowan sucks and that the Jays will get rid of him. However, this is not neccessarily the case. Please edit your poll to include an option for which McGowan won't be leaving the Jays. This will ensure the most accurate results.
            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to include the option he would not be traded. The Jays would be nuts to not release the dead weight, but that is their choice.

Comment

where is all this mcgowan sucks stuff coming from. got tired of adams?

my answer: mcgowan will be converted to a reliever and be in the bullpen next season. remember, he just had tommy john surgery a bit back.

Comment

Why worry about a minor league pitcher who is coming off Tommy John surgery?? If he is worthless as a minor leaguer what do you expect to get for him?? A bag of balls??
                  Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

This guy is an As fan hoping to get him for the As and us downing out own prosepct.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                      Why worry about a minor league pitcher who is coming off Tommy John surgery?? If he is worthless as a minor leaguer what do you expect to get for him?? A bag of balls??
                      you hit the nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST

The team had a chance to give him up in the deal for Overbay last year, and instead gave up Zack Jackson one of their most promising prospects. So they gave up a future all star for a career minor leaguer. You are right that it is probably too late now to get anything for him, you would probably be offered a six pack of beer in exchange for McGowan now. However they could have saved a potential future all-star pitcher, and gotten rid of a career minor leaguer instead, and they stupidly kept the career minor leaguer. Why is a teams AAA team so important, I dont understand it, I thought a teams AAA team was a place to develop prospects and get them ready for the majors, but by keeping McGowan over Jackson they showed that is clearly not the case.

Comment

The team had a chance to give him up in the deal for Overbay last year, and instead gave up Zack Jackson one of their most promising prospects. So they gave up a future all star for a career minor leaguer. You are right that it is probably too late now to get anything for him, you would probably be offered a six pack of beer in exchange for McGowan now. However they could have saved a potential future all-star pitcher, and gotten rid of a career minor leaguer instead, and they stupidly kept the career minor leaguer. Why is a teams AAA team so important, I dont understand it, I thought a teams AAA team was a place to develop prospects and get them ready for the majors, but by keeping McGowan over Jackson they showed that is clearly not the case.
                          my guess is that the brewers wanted jackson badly. he was most likely the centerpiece of the trade.

Comment

you would probably be offered a six pack of beer in exchange for McGowan now.
                            Are we talking American beer or Canadian beer? A nice sixer of Canadian beer sounds nice right now. I was just in Montana for a couple of days, weak beer. Weak, weak beer.
                            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                              Are we talking American beer or Canadian beer? A nice sixer of Canadian beer sounds nice right now. I was just in Montana for a couple of days, weak beer. Weak, weak beer.
                              Good old Canadian beer of course.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X