X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big_Mac
    • Apr 2005

Trade Deadline Article

The official website of the Toronto Blue Jays with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

It says he won't trade offensive players to improve their pitching.
  • Chris from NY
    • Apr 2005

I think the Jays have more than enough pitching propspects that they could make a deal for a good pitcher if they wanted to.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

• Big_Mac
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris from NY
      I think the Jays have more than enough pitching propspects that they could make a deal for a good pitcher if they wanted to.
      i think they can as well, but not for a zito or willis as people are saying here. all we need is a consistent starter.

Comment

• flying27
        • Apr 2006

If you can get anything for McGowan or Purcey give them up in a heartbeat. They have no future with the Jays, and if you can get anything for them, especialy a starting pitcher do it quickly.

Comment

• Chris from NY
          • Apr 2005

I can understand the point alot of people are making about getting rid of McGowan and/or. But I figure it's not because they are no good; rather it is because the Jays have some many other good pitchers that they're not seen a top prospects. This, to me, would indicate that McGowan and/or Purcey would probably both have trade value. In which case, the Jays could move them if the need arose. However, not moving these guys would not be the atrocious mistake many on this board feel it would be.
          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

• flying27
            • Apr 2006

The fact is McGowan and Purcey have no future with the team. They will never be regulars with the Blue Jays, and they will be lucky to be up with the team 3 weeks total over the next 4.5 years. If that is because of the teams pitching depth so be it, either way they are not needed. So yeah if you get anything meaningful for them go ahead, and make it fast.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X