John Gibbons!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Gibbons!!

I feel as though John Gibbons is micro managing the bullpen. Schoenweiss was brutal the last time out and he blows this game wide open tonight against the Rangers when he shouldn't even have been in there.
    Speir had struck out 2 and shouldn't have been pulled. He has been pitching very well lately and should have been given the opportunity to finish the inning. I know Sexiera is weaker from the other side but Speir was the hot hand, not Scott. What a shame that they blew that win for Marcum, he deserved the win. It's too bad that a loss can't be given to a manager. I think Gibbons would have a few of them.

There, now I feel better!!

Heck, I would've let Shaun Marcum continue. He might have gotten a chance to pitch a complete game 1 hitter.

Comment

Yeah but Marcum hadn't pitched more then 60 pitches in over 2 weeks so that was out of the question. I agree with starkeeper Speier is awsome and I had a feeling Schoenwiess was gonna mess up. I am so pissed right now because the Sox also won which means we are 4.5 again. Schoenwiess shouldn't have cut his hair!

Comment

If they were going to take Speir out, they should have put Ryan in instead of Schowenweis. Having said that, they also need to try and save the bullpen for what will be, no question, a tough series against the Yankees (spit). At least the Jays will be throwing their best starters at the Yankees (spit).
        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

i dont disagree with anything major last night even though im dissapointed in the outcome. marcum did what he had to do which was perfect and i dont believe he wanted to put ryan in for a 1+ inning save. gibbons likes to do the lefty-lefty matchup and usually scott does it well. anyone in that bullpen should have been able to do the job (hang on to a two run lead) and the offense didn't support much either.

having said that, speier should have finished the inning. gibbons has to realize that schoneweis isnt as dominate vs. LH as he was last season
          Last edited by Big_Mac; 07-19-2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Gibbons doesn't handle pitching well at all. He pulls the starter too early, then keeps juggling the bullpen, even when a reliever is doing well. The Jays have blown five consecutive leads with Gibbons seeming belief that every reliever should be used every two days. Do the Jays even have a long reliever? With Gibbons, we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Defense Counts!
              Gibbons doesn't handle pitching well at all. He pulls the starter too early, then keeps juggling the bullpen, even when a reliever is doing well. The Jays have blown five consecutive leads with Gibbons seeming belief that every reliever should be used every two days. Do the Jays even have a long reliever? With Gibbons, we'll never know.
              I know Pete Walker is but he was put on the DL a while back and I haven't heard any news about him since.

Comment

Pete Walker's season, and possibly career, are now over. Don't have the link offhand but Bluejays.com says he tore his Rotator Cuff.
                Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                  Pete Walker's season, and possibly career, are now over. Don't have the link offhand but Bluejays.com says he tore his Rotator Cuff.
                  Damn that sucks. He was a good long reliever and we could have used him in those extra inning games a while back and we could use him right now to help us win the division.

Comment

I've had enough of John Gibbons. Why did he pull Marcum? If he continues to manage the Jays will have trouble holding good players, especially pitchers.

Comment

Don't worry, he'll be fired before next year.

Comment

Well, I agree with what everyone is saying, but in Gibbons' defense, managing is situational. Remember when Lou Piniella started with the Yanks, he had the fastest hook in the league, which cost him games? Then he went to Cincinnati with its amazing bullpen and the same style made him a genius.

On second thought, this doesn't really defend Gibbons...he's not responding to the situation here.

Comment

Great...last night with a five run lead and Halliday having thrown only 103 pitches, he puts in his only good middle reliever (Speier). Then with a NINE run lead he puts in BJ Ryan.

Watch the bullpen blow a 5-3 lead tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by starkeeper
                            I've had enough of John Gibbons. Why did he pull Marcum? If he continues to manage the Jays will have trouble holding good players, especially pitchers.
                            marcum is still young guy and he doesn't need to go long into games yet, i agree with the move. take him out when he's doing well to get the young guys confidence up.

Great...last night with a five run lead and Halliday having thrown only 103 pitches, he puts in his only good middle reliever (Speier). Then with a NINE run lead he puts in BJ Ryan.
                            ryan hadn't thrown in a few days, had to give him some action and with a lead like that, why keep halladay in for much longer, remember two years ago, he was finished for the year because he threw to much the year before. don't throw a guys arm out if you dont need too.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                              don't throw a guys arm out if you dont need too.
                              Well, that's why you have to keep the closer's innings down. Up by nine in the ninth is a perfect time to get Accardo's feet wet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X