Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers Sportsnet Coverage

It's horrible!!

They always fill in the scoreboard on top of the screen incorrectly and it pisses me off. A guy gets on base and they don't shade in the first base, and sometimes they even mix up strikes and balls. Mix that with Jamie Campbell's horrible commentary(WAY TOO MANY JOKES) and you've got a living hell.

I don't know about a living hell, but it sure has been lacking at times. If you want to hear something phoney and pathetic, have a listen to the guy and his sidekick girl that do the Yankees radio broadcast. I can only last long enough to hear a score than I have to leave in hurry.

Comment

I actually find it quite good ...

Comment

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
        I actually find it quite good ...
        I agree.:atthepc
        Cristobal

Comment

I wouldn't say horrible, but I wouldn't say enjoyable either.

Comment

I can't wait for their "stellar" playoff coverage this year. On Sportsnet West - Canada's home for (pre- empting) Baseball, they have no problem showing first month, regular season hockey instead of ALDS/NLCS games. If you email them about it they suggest that you pay more money to get digital cable so that you can order ALL of their channels. Now why would I want to give you guys even more money when I'm already unsatisfied with your service?

It is a shame that the CBC no longer picks up a few games. This is Canada's team and it should be shown on Canada's channel so that even people who have no need for anything but basic cable can still watch the Jays once a week.

Comment

I agree that CBC should pick up at least a game a week, but don't forget that the Jays are owned by Rogers.

Comment

I wouldn't want it on no CBC, it makes things less convenient. If games were scattered among different channels, that would be more of the living hell.

Comment

I don't mind the job they do on the games. In fact, I kind of like Jamie Campbell's commentery. As for the scoreboard, I usually do not pay alot of attention to it anyway. Im just glad that there are Jays games on tv. Being a Leafs fan out west with nothing more than basic cable is rough. Now if they to scheduling minor hockey on Saturday evenings I could watche HNIC, but no, instead I'm stuck reffing games for people who don't appreciate it anyway. Long story short, It could be worse, there could be no Jays coverage. Like when you're a Seahawks fan in Saskatchewan with basic cable! But I won't get into that, I'll watch baseball instead.
                  Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                    I don't mind the job they do on the games. In fact, I kind of like Jamie Campbell's commentery. As for the scoreboard, I usually do not pay alot of attention to it anyway. Im just glad that there are Jays games on tv. Being a Leafs fan out west with nothing more than basic cable is rough. Now if they to scheduling minor hockey on Saturday evenings I could watche HNIC, but no, instead I'm stuck reffing games for people who don't appreciate it anyway. Long story short, It could be worse, there could be no Jays coverage. Like when you're a Seahawks fan in Saskatchewan with basic cable! But I won't get into that, I'll watch baseball instead.
                    I don't mind Jamie Campbell either. I also don't mind Pat Tabler and when sometimes Rance Mullenicks (spelling) are there too. The only person I can't stand there is ....whats he name....old catcher for the Jays....Forgot his name, but the guy talks to much. Sometimes it's better to talk less and let the game speak for itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Jays4life
                      I don't mind Jamie Campbell either. I also don't mind Pat Tabler and when sometimes Rance Mullenicks (spelling) are there too. The only person I can't stand there is ....whats he name....old catcher for the Jays....Forgot his name, but the guy talks to much. Sometimes it's better to talk less and let the game speak for itself!
                      your thinking of darrin fletcher i think. i love fletcher but maybe because he was one of my favorites back when he played.

i dont mind the annoucing but i dont enjoy it either.

Comment

Rance is horrible! He talks 24/7. I miss Pat Tabler already. Damn 4 more games with him.

Comment

If I had to pick a favourite colour man, it would be Pat Tabler. Rance is ok, and, like Big_Mac, I like Fletcher because I liked him as a player, but his skills are lacking in the colour commentery department.
                          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

I miss when Sportsnet first got Jays coverage and they had Joe Carter as a colour man, those were the days.

But yeah, Rance does suck. Tabler rocks.
                            B.J. Birdie: 1979 - 1999. You will never be forgotten, death to Ace.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X