Release Janssen Please For The Future Of The Bluejays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Janssen Please For The Future Of The Bluejays

This guy was worse than Sidney Ponson yesterday. Trade him. Anything in return would be a surplus.

Release him? WTF????? Maybe taking him out of the rotation would be better. Lets just pray to God that Chacin comes back quick or we are done because Janssen cant win anymore. He is young though as far as I know so we shouldn't release him....

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with AG1 on this one. Janssen is a rookie, most rookies don't do too well.

Oh, BTW: A surplus is when you have too much.

Comment

Release McGowan, not Janssen. Janssen is a very talented young pitcher, with a very bright future. He is a sweet kid too, very nice guy.

Comment

Before anyone is too quick to drop the hammer on Janssen, remember back a few years ago to another struggling rookie by the name of Halladay.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard
            I'm going to have to agree with AG1 on this one. Janssen is a rookie, most rookies don't do too well.
            That's why you give them time. Like said, Roy Halladay is a prime example of a struggling rookie. Did we give up on him? Nope. Rios has also come around very well so far this season with time.

---Patience is the key---

Comment

Janssen shouldn't have been in the big leagues this early anyway. He was only brought up to take the 5th spot because of Towers, and the injuries. He'll be back down where he belongs when Gus gets back, and I suspect we will see him back within a couple of years.
              Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by starkeeper
                Before anyone is too quick to drop the hammer on Janssen, remember back a few years ago to another struggling rookie by the name of Halladay.
                ah ha, i always love to bring that one up when we talk about struggling rookies.

you just cant up and release the guy. he has a future with the jays and so does mcgowan, flying27, let him work it out in triple-a once we get our guys back. he'll be fine.

Comment

You guys are stupid!
                  Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

Janssen has been optionned to Syracuse.
                    WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
                      Janssen has been optionned to Syracuse.
                      Good, this gives him an oppurtunity to pitch some valuable innings and continue to develop, without potentially costing the Jays games in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                        Janssen shouldn't have been in the big leagues this early anyway. He was only brought up to take the 5th spot because of Towers, and the injuries. He'll be back down where he belongs when Gus gets back, and I suspect we will see him back within a couple of years.
                        Rick Ankiel of the Cardinals started when he was 21, and what a trainwreck he was in Game 2 of the NLCS (and my father has a scorecard for it). Two wild pitches, and La Russa was quick enough to pull him, then it went to the bullpen. Janssen as far as I can tell, will be optioned or shifted to the bullpen if the Jays need. Josh Towers may be the one that gets released, because if he pulls that trash again with him giving up runs like crazy... "He gone!" Then Janssen gets optioned to Triple-A when Gustavo Chacín gets back.

P.S.: Chacín is on a Triple-A assignment, so he's getting close to returning

Comment

It will be good when Gus gets back. Unfortunatley the Jays need to throw him into the fire. Who knows how well he'll perform his first couple of sarts back. Thank God for Triple A and rehab assignments.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy31
                            You guys are stupid!
                            Who are you talking to??

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                              ah ha, i always love to bring that one up when we talk about struggling rookies.

you just cant up and release the guy. he has a future with the jays and so does mcgowan, flying27, let him work it out in triple-a once we get our guys back. he'll be fine.
                              You are ignoring the fact McGowan is out of options after this year and will be lost on waivers in April if he is not traded. Having him in AAA to start next year is not an option period. So it is either trade or lose him for nothing. He has no future with the Jays, that is not just my personal opinion, it is the rules.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X