Release Janssen Please For The Future Of The Bluejays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flying27
    You are ignoring the fact McGowan is out of options after this year and will be lost on waivers in April if he is not traded. Having him in AAA to start next year is not an option period. So it is either trade or lose him for nothing. He has no future with the Jays, that is not just my personal opinion, it is the rules.
    you've told me the rules 100 times. he'll be in the bullpen next year if he isnt allowed in the minors. he can be a long reliever and get the coaching he needs up here. hes not as bad as you make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
      you've told me the rules 100 times. he'll be in the bullpen next year if he isnt allowed in the minors. he can be a long reliever and get the coaching he needs up here. hes not as bad as you make him out to be.
      That is so wrong in so many ways I dont even know where to start:

1)There will be no room for him in the bullpen next year. There is B.J Ryan as the closer. There is Downs, Walker, League, Accardo, Frasor, Tallet. That is already 7 people over him. Then there is the possability of one or both Speier and Schoewenis resigning. There is the possability of Rosario or Taubenheim in the pen. There is the possability of a free agent or 2. There could be as many as 12 or 13 better options then him and only 7 bullpen spots. Think before you say things that dont make sense.

2)If his role was to be a reliever next year why did they convert him back to being a starter in the minors? Obviously they want him to make it as a starter, not a reliever, and he is showing he cant be a major league starter even at the most desperate of times, as they only gave him 1 start the whole year while Janseen, Taubenheim, and Marcum all got many.

McGowan is either traded or gone on waivers next year, unless I am wrong about his waiver situation which more people then me are talking about, or they are able to get some special rule for him by MLB somehow. Hopefully they dont, I want him gone as fast as possable.

Comment

Obviously they want him to make it as a starter, not a reliever, and he is showing he cant be a major league starter even at the most desperate of times, as they only gave him 1 start the whole year while Janseen, Taubenheim, and Marcum all got many.
        Hopefully they dont, I want him gone as fast as possable.
        I didn't see McGowan pitch, but unless you follow Syracuse quite closely, then all you have to base him on is that one start, along with whatever bullpen work he has done. Taking a look at his stats, yeah, he hasn't done well, but I don't think we can expect every pitcher we call up to do incredible. The lad's only 24, he could still use another year or two of development. I'm just surprised you're so hell-bent to get rid of a 24-year old who has a grand total of 14 IP in the Majors.
        Self-proclaimed President of the Bring Back Kelly movement

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol
          I didn't see McGowan pitch, but unless you follow Syracuse quite closely, then all you have to base him on is that one start, along with whatever bullpen work he has done. Taking a look at his stats, yeah, he hasn't done well, but I don't think we can expect every pitcher we call up to do incredible. The lad's only 24, he could still use another year or two of development. I'm just surprised you're so hell-bent to get rid of a 24-year old who has a grand total of 14 IP in the Majors.
          You obviously read almost nothing else I said. McGowan cannot afford to be given "another year or two of development". He is out of options which means he either starts the year with the Blue Jays or he is gone on waivers, if they do not trade him before then. So there is not the option to simply "give him another year or two of development" as you say.

Secondly of all he has been surpassed already by pitchers his own age or younger like Janssen, Marcum, Taubenheim, League, Accardo who has now come over. All those pitchers have blown past him this year.

He serves no purpose for the team in the next 3-5 years. League and Accardo are the set up guys, and are both young, younger then McGowan. B.J Ryan is the closer for the next 4+ years. Middle relievers, well they have plenty of those. They have Halladay, Chacin, and Burnett locked up as starter for awhile, possably Lily resigning, if not a multi-year deal for a free agent likely, and Marcum established as a MLB quality starter, and perhaps Janssen or Taubenheim.

So your idea of giving him another year or two of development is hogwash since there is not the option for the team to send him to AAA next year anyway, which if you read the previous posts you would have known. Also he has been surpassed by a bunch of pitchers his age or younger and he serves no future purpose in the organization anyway. So better to trade him rather then lose him on waivers for nothing.

Comment

1)There will be no room for him in the bullpen next year. There is B.J Ryan as the closer. There is Downs, Walker, League, Accardo, Frasor, Tallet. That is already 7 people over him. Then there is the possability of one or both Speier and Schoewenis resigning. There is the possability of Rosario or Taubenheim in the pen. There is the possability of a free agent or 2. There could be as many as 12 or 13 better options then him and only 7 bullpen spots. Think before you say things that dont make sense.
            ryan will be closer and downs will be here as well. walker had surgery and his career is in jeopardy (i love the man though). league, accardo and frasor all have their minor league eligability left (i dont know this wavier role known down-pat though) and they could all start there. rosario and taubenheim as have the same fate as well, especially those two, they arent ready yet. schoneweis is done in toronto and speier, i hope he stays, isnt a for sure to stay. so there isnt no room for him. i agree, all those guys except league, rosairo and taubenheim are better pitchers but until everything shakes out, we dont know if he isnt going to pitch or not.

2)If his role was to be a reliever next year why did they convert him back to being a starter in the minors? Obviously they want him to make it as a starter, not a reliever, and he is showing he cant be a major league starter even at the most desperate of times, as they only gave him 1 start the whole year while Janseen, Taubenheim, and Marcum all got many.
            im sure toronto would love for him to be a starter, which he is primarly but if it doesnt work out, he'll be in the pen. he hasnt shown he is a major starter and he hasnt proven it yet, i agree. but i would love too see him in the pen because he does have good stuff. just the other parts arent there yet.

Comment

ryan will be closer and downs will be here as well. walker had surgery and his career is in jeopardy (i love the man though). league, accardo and frasor all have their minor league eligability left (i dont know this wavier role known down-pat though) and they could all start there. rosario and taubenheim as have the same fate as well, especially those two, they arent ready yet. schoneweis is done in toronto and speier, i hope he stays, isnt a for sure to stay. so there isnt no room for him. i agree, all those guys except league, rosairo and taubenheim are better pitchers but until everything shakes out, we dont know if he isnt going to pitch or not.
              So you are admitting there probably is no room for him in the pen since there are too many guys better then him.........

im sure toronto would love for him to be a starter, which he is primarly but if it doesnt work out, he'll be in the pen. he hasnt shown he is a major starter and he hasnt proven it yet, i agree. but i would love too see him in the pen because he does have good stuff. just the other parts arent there yet.
              .......and admit he cant be a starter.

Thus you conclude he is going to be lost on waivers or traded. Thus either way he is out of the organization very likely by April, with only a slight chance of staying. Thus JP was probably a real idiot to not take advantage of the opportunities to trade him for some key player in the past, or keep Bush and Jackson before the year and instead give up McGowan. Thank you very much for admitting I was right.

Comment

So you are admitting there probably is no room for him in the pen since there are too many guys better then him.........
                .....he said there is room and there's no need to trade McGowan ASAP because oh my god the world is ending, because several other pitchers do have minor league eligability still and some may not be back. I don't think it's possible to twist words more than you just have

Thus you conclude he is going to be lost on waivers or traded. Thus either way he is out of the organization very likely by April, with only a slight chance of staying. Thus JP was probably a real idiot to not take advantage of the opportunities to trade him for some key player in the past, or keep Bush and Jackson before the year and instead give up McGowan. Thank you very much for admitting I was right.
                Not even gonna touch this
                Self-proclaimed President of the Bring Back Kelly movement

Comment

Just because pitchers like League and Accardo have minor league eligability and McGowan does not, does not mean they are going to keep McGowan up over them. Those two are simply too good for McGowan to be up over them period. Same with Marcum, Taubenheim, and Janssen, they are simply too good for McGowan to be over them, it does not matter if they still have eligability or not, and he does not. So realisticaly you have Downs, Walker, Accardo, League, and Ryan for sure out of the pen, or atleast all over McGowan. They probably sign a free agent or two, they might re-sign one of Speier and Scotty, they have Rosario and Frasor as better options then McGowan, they have Taubenheim and/or Janssen as better options out of the pen if they dont make the rotation. There are only 7 rotation spots. McGowan does not even come close to getting one of those when you analyze it closer. As for starting forget it. So he has no chance of making the team if you are realistic, so he is gone for sure, either on waivers or traded, there is no realistic argument otherwise.

Comment

im done with this. ive made my points over and over again and your going in circles, misreading my statements. when did i say you were right??? i just said hes probably not going to be a starter next year if he makes the team. but like i said, im done with this topic, ive argued against you ever since you joined the forum.

and can you please post a link to this JP could have traded mcgowan instead of jackson?

Comment

im done with this. ive made my points over and over again and your going in circles, misreading my statements. when did i say you were right???
                      so there isnt no room for him. i agree

and can you please post a link to this JP could have traded mcgowan instead of jackson?
                      Actually it was Jackson AND Bush AND Gabe Gross. When I find it I will post it for you if you want.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X