No announcement yet.

Hinske....Going to set things on fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinske....Going to set things on fire!

If you have been watching Hinske lately...you can tell he looks so much more confortable at the plate lately. He is already heating up, I think he will continue to make a huge contribution this second half if he keeps playing. He has lots of power and is seeing the ball so well now, a very good combination.

Go Jays Go!

He's sure hitting well lately...so the question is, which outfielder is getting traded? I like them all, but nobody needs five guys this good. To get good pitching these days, you need to give up better hitting.

Comment

if hinske keeps this up for a few days, as much as i love the guy, maybe he could be traded. we need to keep johnson, rois, wells and the cat and if anyone wants hinskes contract, lets trade him.

Comment

HInske is a dead average hitter. You need more than that from a regular corner IFer.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
          if hinske keeps this up for a few days, as much as i love the guy, maybe he could be traded. we need to keep johnson, rois, wells and the cat and if anyone wants hinskes contract, lets trade him.
          I agree, that advantage of his hot streak and trade him. He is not part of the starting lineup when Rios comes back. Cat is the regular DH according to Gibbons. So why would you want to keep Hinske and his $5-million contract, especialy, heaven forbid, you get a good player in return for him by a team spellbound by his extraordinary few weeks.

Comment

Yea, I agree. When Rios and Chacin comes back we'll be tough to beat.

Comment

KCGhost says

HInske is a dead average hitter. You need more than that from a regular corner IFer.

With his .560+ slugging, Hinske is definitely far above average (although we're at the front of the pendulum swing, of course). The main reason I think they shouldn't trade him is that he plays both 3rd and outfield well. Any guy who can swing between IF and OF and hit above average is more valuable than his own numbers show; he gives the manager a lot of flexibility in L/R matchups and when people are hurt.

Also, give the GMs some credit; you don't get to run a baseball team by being fooled by hot streaks.

Nope, as harsh as this sounds, the best guy to trade might be Vernon Wells. The team hits extremely well even without him, and he's the only guy with the track record to get a really top-level pitcher, which helps the team a lot more than having two starting outfielders on the bench every day.

Comment

even though this is just a hot streak right now, he has shown to be effective in some L/R situation but MLB GM's aren't as stupid as NBA GM's.

yes, wells is a good trading chipo but we cannot afford to trade him in the middle of a race. i dont think we could hit without him, he make our offense go round.

Comment

Even though Hinske has really stepped up to the plate, (no pun intended) he has proven himself to be inconsistent and when he is cold he is really cold. He is very expensive and consummes a lot of the resource that could be better used elsewhere.

Comment

If there is a team interested in Hinske, I think it would be in the team's best interests to explore those option. If not, that fine by me too, for now.
                    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X