Trade for 06 or 07?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for 06 or 07?

Well, some fans are going to hate me for saying so, but with three days left to the deadline, the Jays are right in the crack between clearly trading for this year and clearly trading for next year. What do you guys think?

Unless the Jays can get a quality 4th starter, without selling the farm, I think they should stand pat either way. They aren't cash strapped, thanks to Mr. Rogers, so why trade just for the sake of trading. If they got full value for Wells, and didn't trade him in the AL, I don't think it would be the end of the world. He is probably going anyway and they could get that quality pitcher I mentiones earlier. Perhaps a Willis!! Just a few thoughts off the top of my head and late at night after a double shift, so don't be too hard on me.

Comment

The Jays don't need anyone who is going to come in and set the world on fire. Right now all they need is a good 4 or 5 starter that can come in and do his job every 4th or 5th without too many hiccups.

I'd really like to see the Jays lock up Vernon long term. He is a great hitter, an even better defensive player, and the leader of the clubhouse. The only way I wouldn't mind Vernon leaving would be if Andruw Jones replaced him.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X