Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reed Johnson for the batting title!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reed Johnson for the batting title!?!?!?!

Do you think he will get anough plate appearances to be elegible for the title and do you think he will win? It would be incredible and would catch everyone by surprise. As of right now you need 335 plate appearances to be elegible for the title while Johnson has 327 plate appearances. Johnson currently has a .352 average which puts him third behind Jeter (.354) and Mauer (.365)! Lets go Johnson!!!!!

I think he can do it. If he keeps getting his at bats in the lead-off spot, plays everyday, and doesnt start to slump, he could have a decent chance. Career wise, he usually cools off in August, but bats well in September. Anything is possible.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

He made the list today!

Comment

I hope he gets it. He is not a nice person at all, but he is somebody you still cheer for since he overcame alot of odds to be where he is. I really hope he gets the batting title.

Comment

Any bitter hatred inducing stories you wish to share, flying27?

Comment

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things for both him and Frankie...
            Self-proclaimed President of the Bring Back Kelly movement

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
              Any bitter hatred inducing stories you wish to share, flying27?
              No there isnt, why do you ask?

Comment

That you said he was a bit of a jackass is a hint

Comment

I just get the impression from his interviews and stuff he is not a nice guy. I could be wrong.

Comment

Just wondering. I wasn't sure if your opinion of him as a person stemmed from some incident or if it was just a vibe he gave you.

Comment

Just a vibe.

Comment

reed's not a nice person??? from the articles ive read, it seems like he's a clubhouse guy. im pretty sure in that SI article that had about toronto a few years ago, it said johnson would be joking around with hudson around the clubhouse and he seems like a good guy in interview. i dont want to get in another agruement though flying27.

Comment

None of us really know for sure, people can easily fake looking nice in the media, or they can look like complete jerks, when they're actually nice. We don't really know unless me meet someone, so I won't bother judging Reed on what kinda guy he is. I will, though, judge him on the ways he plays the games. So c'mon Reed, show oh batcatcher of the sideburn variety how we hit the ball in Canada! :gt

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                            reed's not a nice person??? from the articles ive read, it seems like he's a clubhouse guy. im pretty sure in that SI article that had about toronto a few years ago, it said johnson would be joking around with hudson around the clubhouse and he seems like a good guy in interview. i dont want to get in another agruement though flying27.
                            I'm pretty sure if you said 'hi', he'd flip out over improper language I kid

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X