No announcement yet.

Hinske should be the full time DH now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinske should be the full time DH now!

Eric Hinske deserves to be the full time DH, not a back up catcher or Catalanatto.

Hinske stll has trouble with lefties, and Cat's bat is still a valuable asset. When Hinske plays full-time, he strikes out too much and his weaknesses can overshadow his strengths. Besides, last year he hit 15 home runs and struck out 121 times. This year he has hit 12 home runs AND ONLY STRUCK OUT 47 TIMES. If he played full time, his production wouldn't be that much better than it is now, but his strike outs would be significantly higher. Having said all that though, I still like Eric Hinske, and I like to see him get playing time.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Whatever it is a joke a player you are stuck playing $5-million to was hitting lights out the few weeks he was in the starting lineup regularly with Rios out, then gets stuck on the bench being payed $5-million to make room for an average player like Catalanatto, when you have a chance to give a former rookie of the year a chance to resurrect his career, everything is perfect to let him play full time, Hillenbrand is gone, there is a spot open, and you use it on a run of the mill player.. It is a joke and it is why the Jays always miss the playoffs.

Comment

This is not a slam against Rios, he is a good ball player and is going to be a great ball player someday for the Jays I hope. However, before he went on the DL he was starting to slump, and you can pinpoint the Jays recent decline to the day when Rios came off the DL. Having said all that, I think that until Rios is healthy enough to resume regular duties, Hinske should be the everyday, or almost everyday right fielder. He was doing a great job both offensively and defensivley. Just my 2 cents worth!!

Comment

Originally posted by starkeeper
          This is not a slam against Rios, he is a good ball player and is going to be a great ball player someday for the Jays I hope. However, before he went on the DL he was starting to slump, and you can pinpoint the Jays recent decline to the day when Rios came off the DL. Having said all that, I think that until Rios is healthy enough to resume regular duties, Hinske should be the everyday, or almost everyday right fielder. He was doing a great job both offensively and defensivley. Just my 2 cents worth!!
          As thrilled as I am to see Rios fulfilling alot of the potential people saw in him I somewhat agree with you. However the reality is the Jays management would never do that. They have too much invested in Rios to not play him everyday now that he showed something like he did at the opening part of this year, he will never be out of the Jays everday lineup again.

Comment

I would like to see Rios and Hinske platoon in right until Rios re-finds his groove. I believe that would be the best of both worlds.
            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by flying27
              Eric Hinske deserves to be the full time DH, not a back up catcher or Catalanatto.
              Catcher??

Anyways, he's gone now. And good riddance. What Chris says is absolutley right. Catalonotto is a superior batter longterm. Hinske has been ok, but it was good that JP got something for him while he was "hot". It saved the team $4 mil to spend on pitching for next year.
              WAMCO!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X