Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade McGowan to Kansas City for a wonderful player in return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade McGowan to Kansas City for a wonderful player in return!

I just thought of a wonderful trade for the off season, trade Mark James Grudzielanek for Dustin McGowan. After all the Jays are looking for a 2nd baseman or shortstop right. Except his low HR stat Grudzielanek is a wonderful player. I have already posted the trade on a Kansas City forum and they like it too!

One word: PITCHING.

Comment

Riccardi turned down Lugo for McGowan because he himself even stated the Dustin is part of the future in pitching in this organization and everyone knows that once he figures out his stuff he will be a great pitcher, wait and see...
      Last edited by Mattingly; 08-13-2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

McGowan's BB rate is right in line with what Allard Baird would look for in a pitcher, but ubfortutanetly for the BlueJays Allard doesn't work here anymore.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
          McGowan's BB rate is right in line with what Allard Baird would look for in a pitcher, but ubfortutanetly for the BlueJays Allard doesn't work here anymore.
          at least your finding some humour in your season so far.

Comment

I think McGowan should be kept in Toronto in case if they lose another bullpen arm, like how Pete Walker was lost for the year, and it is possible that Pete's career is done from that injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright
              I think McGowan should be kept in Toronto in case if they lose another bullpen arm, like how Pete Walker was lost for the year, and it is possible that Pete's career is done from that injury.

I am a bit confused to what you mean. They could not send him to AAA to start next year, and keep him around there in case something happens to Walker or somebody else, as an insurance policy, which I could understand if that was allowable. He would have to start the year with the team to avoid waivers, if he was not traded by then.

Comment

A great trade would be McGowan for Angel Berroa .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                  If everyone here was like Big_Mac and had virtually the same opinion as me, (have we ever disagreed, it's like we're twins )
                  haha, no kiddin. i think we might have disagreed on my boy hinske once or twice.

and yes, no need for personal attacks people and lets put an end to this mcgowan talk until something happens to him. everyone has made their points (i wont post in defense of him any longer) and we dont need any more if i were gm i would trade mcgowan to so-and-so or poll stating who should no longer be a part of the organization. and all of this eventually leds to virtual fistacuffs.

we're still in the race...let's root for our favorite team:gt

Comment

The GM should be desperate to trade away McGowan before training camp since it would be a total embarassment for him if after turning down numerous trade offers for McGowan, after giving up Bush and Jackson to keep McGowan(and Gross, but he was kind of a throw-on to be honest), to then lose McGowan on waivers for nothing. There is no getting around the fact that would make JP look really bad after all that. So to save himself from that inevitable embarassment he should be groveling for any sort of deal for McGowan, and be praying McGowan does not somehow show up at training camp still in the Jays organization since if he does that inevitable embarassment is sure to follow.

You only start a year with 12 pitching spots. Analayzing the team for next year you have-Halladay(1), Burnett(2), Chacin(3), Marcum(4), Ryan(5), League(6), Accardo(7), Downs(8), Rosario(9), Tallet(10), Walker(11), Frasor(12)all certain to be picked before McGowan for either the rotation or the pen. That is even before considering the possability of atleast 1 of Lilly, Speier, and Schoewenwis resigning; 1 or 2 free agent signings; 1 or 2 of Janssen, Taubenheim, or Towers making the team. Nobody could look at the list I just posted, the possabilities I just added, he is likely to be atleast 4 guys away from making the team, not even in the ballpark so to speak, and tell me there is even the slightest hope for McGowan to make the team out of training camp. So to save from the total embarassment of losing a player on waivers for nothing, who you gave up Bush and Jackson for, who your predecessor wasted a first round pick on, who you turned down multiple trade offers to keep, there should be a huge amount of desperation and urgency to trade McGowan for anything you can get in the offseason.

Comment

lol...the wheel keeps spinning...
                      Self-proclaimed President of the Bring Back Kelly movement

Comment

There is no other GM in the league quite dumb enough to not take good trade offers for a player he is losing in April on waivers for nothing if he does not trade him. JP is the only one. In April I willl look the genius.

Comment

Originally posted by flying27
                          There is no other GM in the league quite dumb enough to not take good trade offers for a player he is losing in April on waivers for nothing if he does not trade him. JP is the only one. In April I willl look the genius.
                          After you're done with baseball, maybe you should move your genius to solving world hunger.
                          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                            After you're done with baseball, maybe you should move your genius to solving world hunger.
                            Sounds good.

Comment

By the way McGowan got sent down to the minors to keep Davis Romero up when Chacin returned. So now even Davis Romero has already passed McGowan by. McGowan is so pathetic and such a bust of a 1st round draft choice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X