Blue Jays back in the race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Jays back in the race?

Yep! If the Yankees lose tomorrow we'll be 5.5 back. We've been 6.5 a month before.

No depth...too many teams to leap frog.

Comment

I dunno, we just traded two guys who took up a chunk of salary who we'd need in the playoffs...I think the consensus in the clubhouse is to keep playing our heart out, but the front office seems to be looking more towards the Wells/other players' contract situations and next season
      Self-proclaimed President of the Bring Back Kelly movement

Comment

I don't think that trading these two guys is considered "giving up".

Schoenweis has been pretty bad the past month and a half, with a 13.50 ERA in august so far. Any of their young guys will do just as good, so they might as well give them some experience and save the $600,000 that they save by making this move.

Hinske, while he has been good, is only a good bench player at best. JP made a smart move to deal Hinske while he could get something in return. It also rids the Jays of that contract, opening up nearly $4 million to spend on pitching (hopefully) this off-season.

The Jays are still in it, with or without these guys. That being said, it's a slim chance. But I'm not giving up yet.
        WAMCO!

Comment

I'm not giving up, really, I just see them cutting payroll as both a smart move financially, as well as a sign of giving in for this year's playoffs. Not at all sad to see either player go, but Zaunn hit the target when he said we didn't really get any better...didn't get any worse, either. So, next year, unless we can string together some results against the O's and Royals (if we don't...)
          Self-proclaimed President of the Bring Back Kelly movement

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X