Should Jays deal Wells in '07 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_Mac
    it would be nice to have wells stay. locking up wells long-term is the first option riccardi will try. but if he dont want to be here, lets dont go the delgado route and lose a star for a few first-round picks. we dont have to rebuild, in this case, it would be retooling.

Amen to that. I hope they really try to keep him. A winning Jays team this year would probably influence his decision to stay (unless the trade is to another winning team).

Break the bank Riccardi!
    :gt Go Tigers!:gt

Comment

we'll give you sheffield, giambi, and pavano
      everybody is on the block...except...
      Scott Kazmir
      Jorge Cantu
      Carl Crawford
      Rocco Baldelli

Comment

wow its like a dream come true haha, but im loyal to Wells and i dont want to see him go

Comment

Originally posted by jeterMVP
          we'll give you sheffield, giambi, and pavano

No Thanks!!! These egotrippers aren't welcome in Toronto. Not to mention, except for Pavano, the other two are pretty well done.

Comment

Isnt that what i said?, if i didnt well ya Well take Pavano, but not for Wells, we will give you Russ Adams to replace Derek Jeter, why dont we just take Jeter too haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Defense Counts!
              At least wait until the trade deadline. If the Jays are still in the playoff hunt, keep him, even if he doesn't re-sign. If they are out of it, there will be plenty of teams willing to trade big to get him for the end run.
              if i was jp, that would be my last option, trading him at the deadline.

if we are out of the hunt, trading him at the deadline is perfect. more teams will want him, they'll pay a bigger price. he'll be like a carlos beltran-type being shipped around. his price would be higher then it would be now.

problem is, what if toronto is still in it? no scenario works out if we are in it and we trade wells at the deadline. either:

a) we keep him and lose him for nothing OR
              b) we trade him and try to make a run for it by shuffling our team around in august? i would much rather have made the trade now then at the deadline for the fact that our team will have all of spring-training to get used to life without vernon instead of in august when we are 2 games out of 1st and we just changed the apperance of our team drastically.

right now, we can fill holes with vernon. get a quaility pitcher, or a replacement in the outfield, or blue-chip prospects or a combation of those thing. if we trade him now, we know what we have after he's gone and what holes to fill in free agency.

there is my .02 cents.

Comment

This whole situation sucks. They Jays had Delgado and they never builty around him. They have Halladay and Wells, who have both turned into elite players, and are the cornerstones of this Jays team. On top of that, management is finally spending money to surround them with high quality players. Glaus, Ryan, Overbay etc. To lose Wells now could be crippling to the team, as anyone brought in to replce him won't make the same impact as Wells. There is my .01 cent(s).
                Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                  This whole situation sucks. They Jays had Delgado and they never builty around him. They have Halladay and Wells, who have both turned into elite players, and are the cornerstones of this Jays team. On top of that, management is finally spending money to surround them with high quality players. Glaus, Ryan, Overbay etc. To lose Wells now could be crippling to the team, as anyone brought in to replce him won't make the same impact as Wells. There is my .01 cent(s).
                  it'll be hard to lose wells now but to lose him in free agency will be an even harder pill to swallow, imo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X