Halladay and the elusive 17th win!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halladay and the elusive 17th win!!

Halladay just can't get that 17th win. I don't think he can get 20 this year now. The team is really letting him down. Zaun played terrible tonight, he should have been pulled early for Molina, and the heart of the order couldn't do a thing. Hill played an incredible game, thank goodness, or we might have been shut out.
    There is something wrong with a system of scoring that would give Ryan the win in this game tonight and not Halladay.
    Ryan came in tied, gave the lead to the Devil Rays, and got the win with one inning pitched.
    Halladay pitched his guts out for nine innings and doesn't even figure into the scoring. What's wrong with that picture???

There!! I've vented and now I feel a little bit better!!

Something definitly needs to be fixed. It doesn't make sense that Ryan gets the win at all. Have any ideas? I have no idea what you could do.

I listened to the game on the radio, so I don't really know how bad Zaun was. But I did see the passed ball that lead to a run. That wasn't really his fault. And he was lucky that he got Young at 3. Very lucky.
    WAMCO!

Comment

I think that a win could and should be awarded at the discretion of an official scorer. If it becomes too biased, then let it be a commitee of 3 official scorers. I just think something should be done to make the system more fair to the starting pitchers. Whatever you do, keep the umpires out of it!!

Comment

Wins are just a dumb stat all around, and if it was credit by discretion, there would be cries of bias all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
          Wins are just a dumb stat all around, and if it was credit by discretion, there would be cries of bias all over the place.
          You are probably right, but there must be a better way!!

Comment

Most definately, there should just be a different stat all together that measures some thing like Wins

Comment

me and my buddy were just discussing this tonight during the game. no matter how unfair it is, those are the rules i guess. the problem is that the bone-headed writers who vote and watch 1 jay game a year, will judge halladay on wins alone and that elusive 17th victory might cost him the cy young where as actual baseball fans who watch every game know how valuble doc is and why he deserves the cy young. not saying a case can't be made for santana and those guys either.

Comment

I have a bad feeling that Halladay is very likely out for the season with a forearm strain he suffered this week.
                Last edited by Solair Wright; 09-21-2006, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I assume they'll just shut Doc down for the rest of the season. No need to bring him back. It's not like they're in a playoff race.
                  Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Yup. The Toronto Star reports that he's shutting it down:

"Doc Shuts it Down for Season.
                    WAMCO!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X