Glaus coming to blue jays(maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glaus coming to blue jays(maybe)

So there have been trade talks with Arizona about bringing their power hitting third baseman to Toronto to improve the teams miniscule power numbers. The supposed trade would send Miguel Batista and O-dawg Hudson to Arizona for Glaus(along with his large salary) and possibly a minor leaguer.

How do you guys feel about this trade? Personally I loved Orlando's hustle and amazing fielding at second base....but the jays really need a 30+ hr power bat....which would be what they'd get with glaus. Batista I like to see go, because he doesn't really fit into the jays mold right now. This trade would also give Aaron Hill a spot to play, I feel this guy's gonna break out next season just watch.

Anyways thats what i think....what you guys think??

Originally posted by rompus
    So there have been trade talks with Arizona about bringing their power hitting third baseman to Toronto to improve the teams miniscule power numbers. The supposed trade would send Miguel Batista and O-dawg Hudson to Arizona for Glaus(along with his large salary) and possibly a minor leaguer.

How do you guys feel about this trade? Personally I loved Orlando's hustle and amazing fielding at second base....but the jays really need a 30+ hr power bat....which would be what they'd get with glaus. Batista I like to see go, because he doesn't really fit into the jays mold right now. This trade would also give Aaron Hill a spot to play, I feel this guy's gonna break out next season just watch.

Anyways thats what i think....what you guys think??
    It's hot off the stove in this thread:
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=37147

Cristobal

Comment

i think its a great trade for toronto not only because they get troy glaus a guy who could provide 50 home runs when healthy but toronto also gets a great offensive short stop prospect in Sergio Santos. http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/333772.html
      thats his profile as you see he has great potential to be a power hitting short stop and has a great swing and raw power. He could also turn out big for us so even though toronto has to take in glaus's contract they get a lot more power than they could have ever bargined for.

Comment

If this trade does indeed go through it will be great for the Jays, they are in dire need of a big bat. And as much as I would love to see Glaus in Toronto I really wish they didnt have to trade away Hudson.
        East Division Champions - 1985, 1989, 1991
        World Series Champions - 1992, 1993

"Touch em' all Joe! You'll never hit a bigger home run in your life! --Tom Cheek-- 11:39PM October 23rd, 1993

Comment

It'll be hard to see Hudson go, as he's one of my favourite Jays, but Troy Glaus is a good pick-up for the Jays, who need his power bat.
          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

from mlb.com:
            The Blue Jays were on Glaus' no-trade list, but a source said that he had agreed to waive it.
            Would this have happened if JP didn't overpay to sign Burnett and Ryan? Not a chance...

Comment

hey like i said in the red sox forum... jays by a game... it is this possible? a red sox and yankees-less post season.... one could only pray. go jays.... kick some ass
              HEY! Cleveland! two words JOHN ELWAY! put that in your pipe and smoke it Browns fan!

Comment

They currently have 5 corner players including Glaus...What are they going to do about that?
                ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
                  They currently have 5 corner players including Glaus...What are they going to do about that?
                  One of Koskie, Hinske or Hillenbrand will be dealt for sure. Personally I hope it's either Koskie or Hinske since they have the lowest upside of those three.

I like this trade, Glaus gives us a legitamate power bat that the Jays have been lacking. Vernon Wells won't have to be that cleanup type of guy (a situation he flourished in back in '02 and '03). It definitely stinks to lose Orlando Hudson, but I feel that Aaron Hill has more offensive upside and hopefully can provide us with a adequate glove. Batista was obviously expendible at this point. I even hear the prospect that Arizona is sending us is promising albeit a shortstop a position where were pretty solid for the future.

Comment

It was def. a good trade, I just don't understand why you guys traded for Overbay in the first place...
                    ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                    ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
                      It was def. a good trade, I just don't understand why you guys traded for Overbay in the first place...

Get rid of excess starting pitching, move Hillenbrand to DH, and allow Hinske to be traded?
                      The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                      Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

how bout keeping hinske because he has the potential to regain his form and get back to what he was when he was in his rookie season. If he works hard this off season it seems likely that he would once again be the player that he was. Keeping hillenbrand is also a good idea because of his solid bat. In my opinion i think we should trade corey koskie because sometimes maybe interested at him for his defensive capabilities and maybe we could get a better bad at left field or something with him. Maybe trade a few prospects and him for a team glutted of talented outfielders.

Comment

excellent trade by jp. we get rid of batista who really didnt have too many options here anyways and hudson whom i like as a player. for everyone who says we shouldn't have traded him (a few people i know) must just watch the highlight reels. yes, his d is spectacular but he has little power and strike-out way too much for a bottom-of-the-order 2b. we get glaus, 29 years old with 2 years left on his deal, who will be a 40+ hr guy for us. glaus will also benefit wells who struggled last year without protection from delgado.

Comment

You guys want Soriano? You are an AL team looking for a 2B...that's what he wants.
                            The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                            Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

This was a very good deal by the Blue Jays.

They brought the power bat they didn't have last season with the depart of Delgado the previous off-season to free agency. While Glaus has had a history of injury problems, he is still a very great hitter who will play if his body allows it, like he did last season. Even with injuries majority of last season, since the D-backs were going for the NL West title, he continue playing regardless of injuries and still put up the solid offensive numbers.

Due to his injury history, I think Glaus should be the full-time DH, but from what I heard from reports, he wants to be the everyday 3B, but I'm sure he'll want to be move to DH once those injuries start nagging him again next season, which I think they will. Though, as it starts as of now, it will be Glaus at 3B, Overbay at 1B and Shea at DH. Still, as long you got their bats in the line-up, it's all cool.

Koskie and Hinske might be the odd men out. Koskie just lost his starting 3B job to Glaus. Hinske going to get even less playing time with Overbay signing with the Blue Jays. Since Shea put up better offensive numbers than both Koskie and Hinske last year, I think Shea above both of them. Shea has been constant 300. plus batting average in recent years, unlike Koskie and Hinske who have gone up and down in recent years. One of them should be dealt before the season starts, though I'm not sure which one it would be.

Though, I will say I would be shocked if Hillenbrand was shipped out after JP refused to give him up during the deadline last season, so I think JP want Shea to stay. I think Shea should stay in Toronto.

I think Toronto decide to bring a very good 1B in for cheap. The Brewers have Fielder at 1B for next season, so they wanted Overbay out. So if the Blue Jays were going to get a solid 1B for cheap, Overbay was it. I think Overbay is improvement over Hinske, who has been inconsistent from what I've seen.

While report say Glaus waive his claus, because the Blue Jays change the turf at the Rogers Center, I think he would have came here regardless due to Blue Jays making the moves they have. He has a better chance contend here in Toronto than he does with the D-backs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X