Glaus coming to blue jays(maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingJ
    Get rid of excess starting pitching, move Hillenbrand to DH, and allow Hinske to be traded?

no one is going to take on that mediocre player at his contract
    HEY! Cleveland! two words JOHN ELWAY! put that in your pipe and smoke it Browns fan!

Comment

OK now that we got the pop back in our bats. How about trading corey koskie and someone else for a left field. I think we should keep hinske because first he can play 1b 3b and dh if his bat is hot koski can only play third. People on the market would love koskie a defensive 3b. We could get more for Koskie. I also feel eric hinske although left a lot of us dissapointed after the rookie season hinske will i hope regain his form and furthermore make our batting line up unbelivable. You guyz also don't see something valuable in the troy glaus trade. We not only get troy glaus but we also get sergio santos. A great hitter with a great raw power who could develop into another great future powerbat.
      Last edited by Tinyballer; 12-28-2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyballer
        OK now that we got the pop back in our bats. How about trading corey koskie and someone else for a left field. I think we should keep hinske because first he can play 1b 3b and dh if his bat is hot koski can only play third. People on the market would love koskie a defensive 3b. We could get more for Koskie. I also feel eric hinske although left a lot of us dissapointed after the rookie season hinske will i hope regain his form and furthermore make our batting line up unbelivable. You guyz also don't see something valuable in the troy glaus trade. We not only get troy glaus but we also get sergio santos. A great hitter with a great raw power who could develop into another great future powerbat.
        i agree with most of that except thatg we need a new left fielder. it is probably the next position, if any, for us to upgrade but i think reed/cat will do fine.

being a hinske fan myself, i hope that he will regain his old form and the september he had last year was terrific and even though his avg, obp and slg improved last year his strikeouts went up and his walks went down which has always been a knock on him. he's an old project right now but if someone can sit down and work with him and work a lot, he might be able to turn out good again.

last part i agree too. sergio santos is a good offense shortstop and a good job by jp to get him as an added bonus. hopefully he'll be a decent player for us.

Comment

Regrettable that it took Hudson to get him, but Glaus playing 81 games in the Rogers Centre could hit 40-50 dingers should he stay healthy.

Comment

I've heard rumours come and go that either Koskie or Hillenbrand could be traded, but really I don't see the need to trade either of them. I believe that by putting Shea out in Left Field will get rid of the platoon between Cat and Reed. I believe Shea played in the outfield before in his career, so I think he can do it. As for Koskie, the Jays can make him the full time DH. This smells like a devistating lineup, Jays fans.

By also adding Glaus into the mix, if he stays healthy, we could finally see a shift in the balance of power in the AL East, believe it or not. (but note the word "could" :o )

My Toronto lineup:

SS Adams
            CF Wells
            1B Overbay
            3B Glaus
            DH Koskie
            LF Hillenbrand
            2B Hill
            C Zaun
            RF Rios

Add that along with this pitching staff:

Halladay
            Burnett
            Lilly
            Chacin
            Towers (and in the bullpen, you have BJ Ryan...)

This trade for Glaus could turn out to be great if he stays healthy, and I'm hoping he will. Glaus, Koskie, Shea and Wells are about equal to that of Manny and Ortiz in Boston (4 + 4 = 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 type of way), and without Manny, let's face it, Ortiz would be had if he didn't have a power bat to back him up.
            Last edited by Knick9; 01-01-2006, 01:50 PM.
            My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

why would you put a defensive third baseman as your dh????

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyballer
                why would you put a defensive third baseman as your dh????
                Cause Glaus is the starting third-baseman, and Koskie has never played outfield. Ideally Troy would DH, but apparently he insists on playing third.

Comment

This is a good trade for offensive reasons but, you will soon discover that Troy Glauss is a DH playing 3B. There are several teams needing help at 3B but, with so many 3B, they almost have to trade one or maybe two of them. Lyle Overbay just doesn't look like he fits on this team.
                  In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

Glaus would be the ideal guy to move to DH but he's a star so what he says goes. Let's also not forget the possibilityl of John Ford Griffin getting some playing time in Left Field at some some point this year. He played extremely well in AA last year and if he plays well in AAA he might get a tryout with the big club.
                    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                      Glaus would be the ideal guy to move to DH but he's a star so what he says goes. Let's also not forget the possibilityl of John Ford Griffin getting some playing time in Left Field at some some point this year. He played extremely well in AA last year and if he plays well in AAA he might get a tryout with the big club.
                      i sorta forgot about griffin with everything this offseason. he hit the homer in the last game last year right?

Comment

Originally posted by HDH
                        Lyle Overbay just doesn't look like he fits on this team.
                        How do you figure that? Overbay is going nowhere....it's guys like Koskie, Hillenbrand and Hinske that don't seem to fit right now. Or at least two of the three anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by WinnipegJaysFan
                          How do you figure that? Overbay is going nowhere....it's guys like Koskie, Hillenbrand and Hinske that don't seem to fit right now. Or at least two of the three anyways.

Koskie will be away on Team Canada for the WBC, Hillenbrand looks like a reasonable fit for DH so it could be Hinske that surplus.

Comment

we just signed jason phillips to a minor-league deal so he'll be here for emergency catcher (3rd behind zaun and quiroz) and he can play 1B as well.

Guys Who Can Play 1B:
                            Lyle Overbay
                            Eric Hinske
                            Shea Hillenbrand
                            Jason Phillips

Guys Who Can Play 2B:
                            Aaron Hill
                            Frank Catalanatto
                            Russ Adams (possiblity)
                            John McDonald

Guys Who Can Play SS:
                            Russ Adams
                            John McDonald
                            Aaron Hill

Guys Who Can Play 3B:
                            Troy Glaus
                            Shea Hillenbrand
                            Corey Koskie
                            Eric Hinske

Here are two possibilites that have been talked about here. please share any others.
                            Possibility A: This one is most likely. Overbay at 1B, Hill at 2B, Adams at SS and Glaus at 3B. Hillenbrand would DH. Koskie would be traded and Hinske would stay on as a back-up 1b/3b since he can play both positions. Phillips would be in Syracuse as an injury replacement.

Possibility B: I don't see this happening but you never know. Reed Johnson and Frank Catalanatto would platoon in left field. If the Jays don't like what they see from Rios in ST, Hillenbrand would play RF. Hillenbrand has been working hard to lose weight this off-season. Hinske said he would consider play outfield as well. This would open up the DH spot for Koskie. I can't see him batting against lefties and neither would Hinske. Unless a right handed bat emerges, i would put Zaun at DH and let Quiroz (right handed) bat vs. Lefties. Against lefties the line-up would be:1.Johnson/LF, 2.Adams/SS, 3.Wells/CF, 4.Glaus/3B, 5.Hillenbrand/RF, 6.Overbay/1B, 7.Hill/2B, 8.Zaun/DH, 9.Quiroz/C
                            Vs. Righties: 1.Adams/SS, 2.Catalanatto/LF, 3.Wells/CF, 4.Glaus/3B, 5.Hillenbrand/RF, 6.Overbay/1B, 7.Koskie/DH, 8.Hill/2B, 9.Zaun/C

I have too much time on my hands

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X