• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays team next year will be!

What will the Jays look like next year?

I think:

Rotation-1)Halladay, 2)Burnett, 3)Garcia, 4)Chacin, 5)Marcum
    Bullpen-1)Ryan, 2)League, 3)Downs, 4)Frasor, 5)D. Romero, 6)Tallet, 7)Rosario

1st B-Overbay, 2nd B-Hill, SS-Uribe, 3B-Glaus, LF-Johnson, CF-Wells, RF-Rios,
    DH-Lind, Catcher-Zaun

Reserves-Roberts, Phillips, Adams

mhmm sounds good, howd we get Uribe and Garcia from Cicago?, why do you think we will get them?, and Where did Lilly go?, dont you think we will give Towers a chance this year, and i think Dustin <cgowen wouldbe the Jays number 5 starter before Marcum, just my thoughts
    Last edited by PJ-34; 10-16-2006, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Uribe might well be in the Clink, so you better pick another SS.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
        mhmm sounds good, howd we get Uribe and Garcia from Cicago?, why do you think we will get them?, and Where did Lilly go?, dont you think we will give Towers a chance this year, and i think Dustin <cgowen wouldbe the Jays number 5 starter before Marcum, just my thoughts

Josh "8.42 ERA" Towers? Josh "I lost my first 9 decisions" Towers? Why should they give him a chance when you got Marcum there for a rotation spot?

Comment

You know why we should give him a chance, because everybody has bad seasons, Towers won a season high of 12 games i belive last year, and this year well he jsut had a bad year, either you hate Towers or you just dont know how hes played in his career, this is jsut one bad season they do need to give him chance, he is not a minor leaguer and shouldnt be, Towers is a major league player and nobody should look at him like he is crap i cant stand people thinking of him luike that is makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
            You know why we should give him a chance, because everybody has bad seasons, Towers won a season high of 12 games i belive last year, and this year well he jsut had a bad year, either you hate Towers or you just dont know how hes played in his career, this is jsut one bad season they do need to give him chance, he is not a minor leaguer and shouldnt be, Towers is a major league player and nobody should look at him like he is crap i cant stand people thinking of him luike that is makes me sick.
            Towers' career ERA is near 5. I don't hate Towers, considering I don't know him personally. He has had one good season in his 6 years in the major leagues. You know what makes me sick? Watching Towers pitch. Now Marcum has better stuff than Towers and has a higher upside. I'd give him a chance, but if you want someone who loses 9 games in the span of 60 innings, go ahead and be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by flying27
              What will the Jays look like next year?

I think:

Rotation-1)Halladay, 2)Burnett, 3)Garcia, 4)Chacin, 5)Marcum
              Bullpen-1)Ryan, 2)League, 3)Downs, 4)Frasor, 5)D. Romero, 6)Tallet, 7)Rosario

1st B-Overbay, 2nd B-Hill, SS-Uribe, 3B-Glaus, LF-Johnson, CF-Wells, RF-Rios,
              DH-Lind, Catcher-Zaun

Reserves-Roberts, Phillips, Adams

Do you really think Lind is ready for a full season in the bigs quite yet?, i mean ya he had quite a run but he started the season in AA, my best guess is he will start in AAA and if he does what he did last year he will find himself back in the bigs for the last half of the season.

Comment

I believe the Jays trade McGowan, Purcey, Rosario, and Accardo all together for Uribe and Garcia and the White Sox foolishly accept the trade.

Comment

I believe the Jays trade McGowan, Purcey, Rosario, and Accardo all together for Uribe and Garcia and the White Sox foolishly accept the trade.
                  I think it would be foolish for the Jays to make that trade.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                    my thoughts exactly. four pretty damn good prospects for a shortstop who can't hit and a very inconsistent pitcher.

Comment

He's not even out for credibility anymore!!
                      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                        So it would be foolish for the Jays to trade away 2 pitchers they are going to lose on waivers for nothing if they dont trade them before the start of next season-McGowan and Rosario, one badly struggling prospect who they will have to trade or lose on waivers for nothing come 2008 unless he improves quickly-Purcey, and one badly failed middle infield prospect who may be done as a regular starter in the league-Russ Adams; for an excellent defensive SS who can hit 20+ HRs a year Uribe, and a very good starting pitcher like Garcia. Yeah that trade would be so foolish, ROTFL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                          He's not even out for credibility anymore!!
                          If you really believe that you are truly an idiot. Adams will never be as good as Uribe, NEVER. Uribe is not a superstar but he is already a better hitter then Adams is easily, and Adams is a better hitter then defensive player, Uribe a better defensive player then hitter. Adams is not young enough or new enough to still have a huge scope of improvement.

Rosario and McGowan are gone on waivers for nothing in 6 months if they are not traded before then. So what makes more sense, lose them on waivers for nothing or trade them and get value for them, trade them of course. Purcey is only a year away from being out of options and pitching very poorly in AA. Garcia went 17-9 this year, and he would not be worth losing 3 pitchers you are going to lose for nothing on waivers, or atleast 2 of the 3 for sure?

Comment

you seen garcia pitch? imo, he's more inconsistent then lilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                              you seen garcia pitch? imo, he's more inconsistent then lilly.
                              I have seen him pitch. I agree he is inconsistent, but his 17-9 record of last year and his overall production as a pitcher speaks for itself. Lily does not produce the same results as he does, regardless if their inconsistency is similar. The only reason the White Sox is looking to unload him is they have 6 capable starting pitchers and need to lose one.

The players given in exchange for him and Uribe, a much better SS then the likes of McDonald or Adams right now, were mostly players who the team has to trade to avoid waivers this year(McGowan, Rosario)or next year(Purcey).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X