Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Blue Jays HOF Inductee Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toronto Blue Jays HOF Inductee Thread

    The Toronto Blue Jays Hall-of-Fame Members

    Pitchers: Roy Halladay (Dec 09; 83%), Tom Henke (Nov 06; 83%), Pat Hentgen (Jan 07; 86%), Jimmy Key (Dec 09; 83%) Dave Stieb (Oct 06; 100%)

    Catchers:

    Infielders: Tony Fernandez (Oct 06; 100%), Roberto Alomar (Oct 06; 83%), John Olerud (Jan 07; 86%)

    Outfielders: Jesse Barfield (Nov 06; 83%), Joe Carter (Oct 06; 100%), Lloyd Moseby (Oct 06; 83%)

    Contributors: Tom Cheek (Oct 06; 83%), Cito Gaston* (Oct 06; 100%), Pat Gillick (Oct 06; 100%), Bobby Mattick (Dec 09; 100%)

    Listed as Player's name with his induction date and percent of ballot.

    * - denotes the 1989-1997 years of Cito Gaston. For 2008-2010 Cito Gaston, please refer to Millar, Kevin

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Final Results of Last Ballot (December 2009)

    Bobby Mattick (100%)
    Roy Halladay (83%)
    Jimmy Key (83%)
    ----- CUTOFF LINE -----
    Ernie Whitt (67%)
    Duane Ward (67%)
    Jerry Howarth (67%)
    Paul Beeston (50%)
    Devon White (33%)
    George Bell (33%)
    Shawn Green (33%)
    Fred McGriff (17%)
    Roger Clemens (1%)
    Last edited by Big_Mac; 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM. Reason: Updated

  • #2
    HOF Rules

    ill post the rules here for reference:

    Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jay Hall of Fame

    Everyone is allowed to vote but please only vote if you have some knowledge about the Jays franchise and history. In the BBFHoF, there is two sections, one for contributors and one for players. We might as well follow the same guidelines as that.

    Eligbility - Players must be at least retired one full season and contributors must be at least 60 years of age or retired. Special curcumstances will be allowed (can't think of anything of the top of my head). Players must have played with the Toronto Blue Jays 5 seasons.

    Ballot Size - The ballot will consist of 10 players and for 3 contributors

    Deadline - We'll do the inaugural vote October 1st (not set in stone, just an timetable) and we'll end on the 25th at midnight EST like the BBFHoF.

    Induction - 75% of the ballot will be need to be inducted.

    Comment


    • #3
      November results are added to the list. next vote will start on new year's day!

      Comment


      • #4
        new results posted. next election is march 2007, i'll be here to start it up chris

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Big_Mac View Post
          Eligbility - Players must be at least retired one full season and contributors must be at least 60 years of age or retired. Special curcumstances will be allowed (can't think of anything of the top of my head). Players must have played with the Toronto Blue Jays 5 seasons.
          I propose the Roy Halladay clause:

          "If any Jays player gives his heart and soul to the team for his entire career, and is traded due to circumstances outside anyone's control (other than the old GM who was a bum and couldn't build a winner around the best pitcher Toronto has ever seen, even with a 5...6...7...8.. year plan), and in the press conference where he is introduced to his new team where he'll have a shot at the WS, he first and foremost thanks his former organization for all the support they gave him, even if that support consisted of getting screwed around at the previous trade deadline, and the remainder of the press conference leads you to empty a full box of kleenex, then the Roy Halladay clause will be invoked. A voting period of 7 days will commence to determine whether said player should immediately be enshrined in the Toronto Blue Jays BBF HOF."
          WAMCO!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
            I propose the Roy Halladay clause:

            "If any Jays player gives his heart and soul to the team for his entire career, and is traded due to circumstances outside anyone's control (other than the old GM who was a bum and couldn't build a winner around the best pitcher Toronto has ever seen, even with a 5...6...7...8.. year plan), and in the press conference where he is introduced to his new team where he'll have a shot at the WS, he first and foremost thanks his former organization for all the support they gave him, even if that support consisted of getting screwed around at the previous trade deadline, and the remainder of the press conference leads you to empty a full box of kleenex, then the Roy Halladay clause will be invoked. A voting period of 7 days will commence to determine whether said player should immediately be enshrined in the Toronto Blue Jays BBF HOF."
            Yes, Yes, Yes. I love it RHP. I will convene a special thread to vote on the immediate induction of Roy Halladay into the Toronto Blue Jays BBF Hall of Fame.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
              I propose the Roy Halladay clause:

              "If any Jays player gives his heart and soul to the team for his entire career, and is traded due to circumstances outside anyone's control (other than the old GM who was a bum and couldn't build a winner around the best pitcher Toronto has ever seen, even with a 5...6...7...8.. year plan), and in the press conference where he is introduced to his new team where he'll have a shot at the WS, he first and foremost thanks his former organization for all the support they gave him, even if that support consisted of getting screwed around at the previous trade deadline, and the remainder of the press conference leads you to empty a full box of kleenex, then the Roy Halladay clause will be invoked. A voting period of 7 days will commence to determine whether said player should immediately be enshrined in the Toronto Blue Jays BBF HOF."
              I second this!
              Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

              Comment


              • #8
                If it's alright with you guys, I'm gonna clean this thread up again. All the old posts are still there, just 'soft deleted'. Just so that it's more of a reference thread than a discussion thread.
                WAMCO!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Finally got around to doing up the votes, you know, since I promised I would on Opening Day . Only three new inductees this time around, Roy Halladay, Jimmy Key and Bobby Mattick, who was unanimous. Congrats guys. Maybe we will do another one around all-star break.
                  Last edited by Big_Mac; 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is there a reason the Jays haven't retired a number yet? Surely there are some players worthy. Joe Carter deserves it just for his shot heard round Canada imo. How about Delgado, Stieb, Bell, Fernandez, Alomar? Odd cause the Jays have had some great players.
                    New York (N.L.)
                    1888, 1889, 1904, 1905, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1917, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1933, 1936, 1937, 1951, 1954, 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000

                    Brooklyn (N.L.)
                    1890, 1899, 1900, 1916, 1920, 1941, 1947, 1949, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956

                    New York (A.A.) 1884 Brooklyn (A.A.) 1889

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StrawberryField View Post
                      Is there a reason the Jays haven't retired a number yet? Surely there are some players worthy. Joe Carter deserves it just for his shot heard round Canada imo. How about Delgado, Stieb, Bell, Fernandez, Alomar? Odd cause the Jays have had some great players.
                      The Jays have a Level of Excellence which is supposed to replace the whole retired number thing. I'm not sure I agree with it. The team is 34 seasons old now. I would like to see it play up its tradition more. One way of doing that would be to start retiring numbers.
                      Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I agree, I think there are certainly a few players deserving of having their numbers retired for their service. A great way would be to retired all the numbers in the LoE. All those guys certainly deserve it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          For some reason the Blue Jays seem to follow the pattern of the Maple Leafs who "honour" and not "retire" numbers (aside from Barilko and Bailey), the Argonauts, for the most part, do the same thing although Pinball's number and a few others are retired. The Raptors are too young and its stars left in too controversial a fashion to be honoured and I don't know what TFC does. I agree with Cooperstown that it would be alot more meaningful for the Jays to retire these numbers.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X