Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays close to signing Barajas

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=184554&hubname=

good pick-up if we get him, pretty solid catcher but i don't understand why we don't re-sign zaun? molina can pack his bags, he's out of options in toronto, no way we'll extend him but why don't we take in zaun full-time and let phillips back him up? i don't think that's bad unless zaun got fed-up last year and wants out of toronto. i read somewhere that he's shopping himself around so maybe thats the case.

i hope zaun comes back, loved his intensity, the team would get fired up when he made a play out there. best of luck zauny!!!

here is an article i found on zaun.
    http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=tor

cant believe they havent even thrown him an offer yet.

Comment

Barajas is awful offensively...let's hope if they get him that he's just a platoon situation...I spoke of him on bvtn
      Baseball Views from the North
      http://bvtn.blogspot.com

Comment

My first choice behind the plate next season would be gregg Zaun. Love the way he plays the game, and he wants to be back under the right circumstances. C'mon JP, get this guy signed!
        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Yeah the Jays are continuing to sign these ''fading and risky'' players, the Jays are filling themselves with FAs and not using Youth from within the organisation, it will come back to bite you guys in a few years.

Comment

I think this would be good for the Jays. signing any catcher is good right now because you can't have a bunch of catchers from the minor leagues like Mike Mahoney or Jason Phillips, but my perfect situation is Gregg Zaun starter and Jason Phillips backup because Zaun has been with the club for a long time now it would be alot easier. Aslo it would be nice to have a Canadian on the team again because Rod was born somewhere in Ontario, I don't know excactly where and I don't even know if he is Canadian but he was born in Canada, does anybody know if he is or not?
            Last edited by PJ-34; 11-17-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

^ i don't believe he is a canadian citizen. i never heard his name once when the WBC came around.

i will miss zaun if he leaves. always brought intensity and made something happen. i'll never forget the game when batista was in the middle of blowing another save, the ump blew a call at the plate and zaun jumped up and smashed his mask and there was about 5 pieces of his mask scattered from 3rd base to the backstop. best of luck gregg where ever you go
              Last edited by Big_Mac; 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM.

Comment

It looks like he's from Ontario, California not Canada.

He'd be fine as our starting catcher at 3.2M. I'd prefer Zaun for the same money, but I think Greg's checking out the market to see if he can't get a little more.
                Don't make fun of the Blue Jay's bullpen. They've got Downs.

Comment

Oh wow that sounds close to Ontario, Canada.

Comment

There are increasingly strong rumours of Zaun going to the Royals to be John Buck's BACKUP

Comment

Wow you'd think he would take a starting job with a good team in the Jays rather than being a backup in the worst team in all of baseball. We will see what happens though.

Comment

I believe TKOK was being sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianKid
                          I believe TKOK was being sarcastic
                          At least somebody understands me

Comment

This is good for the Jays, if he comes cheap. Barajas has a better statisitcal history than Zaun does, although he has been aided by that ballpark in Texas
                            Baseball Pick

Olde Time Baseball

Comment

One bad signing after another, Thomas was an expensive and unnecessary pickup, he's 38, and mark my words, JP will regret this signing, I can see him dying in mediocrity next season that is unless miracle strikes again, he stays healthy and pitchers keep throwing the way they are and in a more hitter friendly park, another good season is on the way.

But if they finally figured how to pitch to him, like Bonds, then he'll have a Bonds like season which is not a great thing considering the money he's getting.

About Rod Barajas, why? Why do you need him that bad?

Barajas is at best an average catcher with meager defensive skills and inconsistent offensive skills.

Then again, he could be a good pickup

I love it when I give two opinions on things
                              Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X