Jays close to signing Barajas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
    One bad signing after another, Thomas was an expensive and unnecessary pickup, he's 38, and mark my words, JP will regret this signing, I can see him dying in mediocrity next season that is unless miracle strikes again, he stays healthy and pitchers keep throwing the way they are and in a more hitter friendly park, another good season is on the way.

But if they finally figured how to pitch to him, like Bonds, then he'll have a Bonds like season which is not a great thing considering the money he's getting.

About Rod Barajas, why? Why do you need him that bad?

Barajas is at best an average catcher with meager defensive skills and inconsistent offensive skills.

Then again, he could be a good pickup

I love it when I give two opinions on things
    Skills aren't inconsistent, stats are, you can't lose your skills or re-gain them, you always have them, it's your mood, feel with the Bat and Glove that influence your skills wich create stats wich are inconsistent or consistent.

Comment

Well I'm going to have to agree with Wilkerson_rules on this one. This is a terrible trade. How can they expect him to have another 30+ homer season If anythign my post about him playing 2 years in Syracuse is right! This season just got flushed down the toilet because threw alot of money away that COULD have gone to something usefull. I am reallt looking forward to saying I told you so to you idiots who think he's actually going to have a good season. Give me a break this is the biggest waste of money since somebody had the brillient idea to send Baseball to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
        Well I'm going to have to agree with Wilkerson_rules on this one. This is a terrible trade. How can they expect him to have another 30+ homer season If anythign my post about him playing 2 years in Syracuse is right! This season just got flushed down the toilet because threw alot of money away that COULD have gone to something usefull. I am reallt looking forward to saying I told you so to you idiots who think he's actually going to have a good season. Give me a break this is the biggest waste of money since somebody had the brillient idea to send Baseball to Canada.
        Canada. that sounds familiar, isn't that where the Jays play ???
        The Proof that it wasn't a waste to send BBall to Canada was that we, even though having only 1 franchise, have numerous fans on or off this forum.

Comment

I really hope that they re-sign Zaun. Give him 4 million a year for two years... Whatever it takes. He obviously wants to come back, so give him something decent! He was the heart of the team last year. We need a character guy like that back on the team.
          WAMCO!

Comment

According to "MLB.COM" the Jays offered Zaun a "slightly" better contract than the Cubs Offered to Henry Blanco wich was worth 5.25 Million over 2 years (2.64 per year) ...
            Last edited by TheKingofKings; 11-22-2006, 05:08 AM.

Comment

barajas is not a good signing. Hes not good at getting on base, has limited hitting ability and last year had 10 throwing errors. yes he throws out alot more runners than Zaun did, but Zaun didnt throw the ball to Wells as much as Rod will. And on the note of Thomas. How can this hurt the team. Hes a serious power threat with a great eye. Hes not going to hurt himself again this year. Hes only had 1 major injury really and now everyone wants to act like Frank has been injured his entire 17 years.

Comment

Well this is what the Jays reporters have to say about it, I wont be on BBF alotr for a while because my computrer is reaaaly messed up but I should be on more freaquentlty in a month so tatta for a while gang.

The Blue Jays are reportedly closing in on a two-year deal with free-agent catcher Rod Barajas. According to the Toronto Globe and Mail, the contract could be worth between $5.5 million and $6 million, and the deal could be announced as early as Tuesday.
                Also on Tuesday, the Blue Jays will hold a press conference at the Rogers Centre in Toronto to officially introduce Frank Thomas as their new designated hitter. On Nov. 17, Toronto inked Thomas to a two-year contract worth $18 million with a vesting option for 2009.

Last year, Gregg Zaun and Bengie Molina shared the catching duties for the Jays and both became free agents this offseason. Toronto has shown interest in re-signing Zaun, but he reportedly turned down a two-year, $6 million deal to come back for a fourth season with the Jays. Toronto has targeted Barajas as another potential solution.

"We've talked to Barajas' people," Toronto general manager J.P. Ricciardi said on Nov. 17. "We're trying right now to solidify our catching situation. I'd like to have that done before we get to the Winter Meetings [on Dec. 4]. We probably have a self-imposed deadline on that."

Barajas, 31, hit .256 with 11 home runs and 41 RBIs in 97 games for Texas last season. In 2005, he set career highs with 21 homers and 60 RBIs in 120 games for the Rangers.

Comment

I really hope that they sign Zaun instead of Barajas. I want to petition JP to get Zaun back. I hate how JP has gone away from keeping players around. He needs to keep some kind of core here.

The people demand Zaun!!!
                  WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
                    The people demand Zaun!!!

Damn straight we do!!

Comment

I heard that we offered him 2 years at 6 mil, and he turned it down. If we can sign barahas for that kind of money i would rather have Barahas, he's younger with better power numbers.
                      If a women had 2 choose between saving a baby and catching a fly ball, she would choose the baby without even considering if there are men on base.
                      Some people think baseball is a matter of life and death, but i can assure you, its much more important than that.

Comment

It's seems pretty unamimous that Gregg Zaun should be the Jay's catcher, and that Rod Barajas should NOT be. Why doesn't J.P. just listen to us?
                        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Sounds like a petition is in order. Maybe a protest in front of the Blue Jay head offices?
                          WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
                            Maybe a protest in front of the Blue Jay head offices?
                            It there's cookies and hot chocolate, count me in!
                            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Well, it looks like the Gregg Zaun era is a thing of the past...

Report: Jays close to deal with Barajas

:grouchy NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :grouchy
                              WAMCO!

Comment

In a stunning turn of events:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6215560

Zaun is (reportedly) returning! We should send Barajas a Thank You card for getting greedy at the last minute. The Zaunbies live on!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X