Jays 2006-07 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays 2006-07 Offseason Thread

I am doing this thread to become a better canadian and become a Jays Fan, I realise this is a little late but I find this Jays Forum will be very welcoming and nice but mostly more interesting with the acquisitions J.P. will make over the offseason, I am also sorry for the unfair comments I made in another thread and I am deeply sorry, hopping my devotion will soothe you great fans and you will welcome me with open wings, here we go !!!

November 17th

The Jays signed veteran slugger Frank Thomas to a 2-year worth 18 million dollars. This move definetly makes us more competitive in this AL East Jungle and this will also make us a better team but unfortunately, this gives us less to worry about if we deal Vernon :o

Projected Lineup :

LF Johnson
    RF Rios
    CF Wells
    3B Glaus
    DH Thomas
    1B Overbay
    C .............
    2B Hill
    SS ...........

Comment

Oh thank you for saying sorry, I forgive you, and we Jays fans welcome you with open arms, welcome to the Jays my friend. I don't really think the shortstop thing is really a big deal, I think McDonald can just play short for the season or we will see how Russ Adams does in spring training and find out of he can prove he's big league matterial. But the catcher situation is important. We only need to sign really one catcher and I think Zaun is the guy to sign, He is much better batting tham Barajas is and he has been with the club for a long time thus making it alot easier for the pitchers not to teach a whole new catcher their pitches. By the way, my purpose on this forum is to tell you big league fans whats happening downstairs in AAA Syracuse, I will tell when someone is doing great, gets injured or a big Skychiefs win takes place.
      Last edited by PJ-34; 11-17-2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
        Oh thank you for saying sorry, I forgive you, and we Jays fans welcome you with open arms, welcome to the Jays my friend. I don't really think the shortstop thing is really a big deal, I think McDonald can just play short for the season or we will see how Russ Adams does in spring training and find out of he can prove he's big league matterial. But the catcher situation is important. We only need to sign really one catcher and I think Zaun is the guy to sign, He is much better batting tham Barajas is and he has been with the club for a long time thus making it alot easier for the pitchers not to teach a whole new catcher their pitches. By the way, my purpose on this forum is to tell you big league fans whats happening downstairs in AAA Syracuse, I will tell when someone is doing great, gets injured or a big Skychiefs win takes place.
        Could you establish a list of 5 guys (any position) who might have a chance to make the Big Leagues if they have a good ST ... thx .

Comment

Off the top of my head 5 guys that have a good chance of making the bigs are Adam Lind (douptfull because of the Frank Thomas signing), Shaun Marcum (If the Jays can't sign a starting pitcher), Dustin McGowen (same reason as Marcum) Ryan Roberts (backup second basemen, shortstop) and John Hattig (who spent some time with the Jays last year posting up pretty good numbers, he is a DH/3B) Those are 5 guys just off the top of my head but you can really never tell whats going to happen in spring training, and a honorable mention to Kevin Barker who could be a backup 1B because the Jays only have 1 that can play the position and Barker has posted very good numbers in the minor leaguers and has lots of major league expirience.

Comment

Possibly Targeted FA's

SP--Ted Lilly (3)
            SP--Randy Wolf (5)
            SP--Gil Meche (8)
            SP--Mark Mulder (9)
            SP--Vincente Padilla (7.5)
            SP--Tony Armas J.r. (5)
            SP--Mark Redman (6)

C--Rod Barajas (5)
            C--Greg Zaun (7)

2B--(if Hill plays SS)Ronnie Belliard (2)
            2B--(if Hill plays SS)Adam Kennedy (7)

SS--(if Hill plays 2B)Craig Counsell (6)
            SS--(if Hill plays 2B)Julio Lugo (8)

OF--(as a Backup)Frank Catalanotto (5.5)
            OF--(as a Backup)David Dellucci (7)
            OF--(as a Backup)Terrence Long (7)
            OF--(as a Backup)Jay Payton (4.5)
            OF--(as a Backup)Marlon Byrd (6)
            OF--(as a Backup)Darin Erstad (8)
            OF--(as a Backup)Dustin Mohr (6.5)

(1)= My desire on a 1-10 scale to have them on the team.
            Last edited by TheKingofKings; 11-18-2006, 05:26 AM.

Comment

The Jays need a speedster fast! for the past whatever years they've had all slow guys, Wells is the only one that can steal over 20 bases in a season. We need a speedy shortsop and I know that Brandon Phillips is fast, I don't really know if Ronnie Beliard is fast, who else is fast? even a speedy outfielder would do.

Comment

The Jays need a speedster fast! for the past whatever years they've had all slow guys, Wells is the only one that can steal over 20 bases in a season. We need a speedy shortsop and I know that Brandon Phillips is fast, I don't really know if Ronnie Beliard is fast, who else is fast? even a speedy outfielder would do.
                Reed Jonson is pretty fast you know ...

Comment

Yes but can you see Johnson stealing 30+ bases? Chone Figgins would be a good pickup because he's an outfielder and he is verrrry good at stealign bases.

Comment

Yes but can you see Johnson stealing 30+ bases? Chone Figgins would be a good pickup because he's an outfielder and he is verrrry good at stealign bases.
                    Do you seriously think the Angels will deal the only player who is holding up their franchise ???

Comment

I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm using him as an example of what we need. A speedy outfielder or middle infeilder not seven minor league pitchers and a 4645 year old DH.

Comment

I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm using him as an example of what we need. A speedy outfielder or middle infeilder not seven minor league pitchers and a 4645 year old DH.
                        Would Julio Lugo soothe your pain ???

Comment

Yes that would foresure, he's not that speedy but he gets the job done and is a hell of alot better than Adams (no offence)

Comment

Yes that would foresure, he's not that speedy but he gets the job done and is a hell of alot better than Adams (no offence)
                            Unfortunately, according to numerous sources, the Red Sox are making a HUGE PUSH for Lugo and might have him signed by the beginning of December, a guy I would love to have is Adam Kennedy, he's just a solid player at the plate and on the dirt, he would sure be a great acquisiton.

Comment

Well that sucks, I hate how every time someone good comes along, the Yankees or Red Sox take them. I was hoping the Jays could get outfielder J.D. Drew along time ago and what do you know the Red Six take him, so we go to Lugo and what do you know the Red Sex take him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X